Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Cedric Ogbuehi
I can easily see him get picked up by a team and make it through a season as a backup. Especially with practice rules the way they are now. If they actually have to play him during the season though lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 12:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This would be a really fun time to go back and revisit the 2015 draft threads.  From what I remember, about half the boards were like "WTF?" on the selection, and a lesser contingency was like "Just wait til he heals up, he's going to be great!".  LOL

I didn't closely follow the line prospects leading up to that draft, but I remember Zerker/Redlegs calling Og "pillow hands" (and he knew his stuff on linemen) so I was less than thrilled. Count me among those who were also super pissed we took 2 straight tackles. The fact that they both busted hard only makes it worse in hindsight.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 11:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He should be bagging groceries.

Why on earth would you want that to happen to those poor customer's groceries?

*Cedric bags groceries, attempts to hand them to customer, drops bag*
Cedric: "Oh, I'm so sorry! Here, let me get that for you!"
*Cedric, in attempting to pick up the dropped bag, steps on said bag*
Cedric: "Oh, golly! I'm SORRY! I can't believe I..."
*Cedric slips on a substance that is leaking out of the dropped and stepped on groceries, landing on top of them*
Customer: *facepalm*
Bengals fan watching from near by: "That's our Cedric!"
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 12:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I didn't closely follow the line prospects leading up to that draft, but I remember Zerker/Redlegs calling Og "pillow hands" (and he knew his stuff on linemen) so I was less than thrilled. Count me among those who were also super pissed we took 2 straight tackles. The fact that they both busted hard only makes it worse in hindsight.

Yes, he certainly does know line play better than anyone else that I've ever seen on here.  Shame that a few wanted to always argue with him.  Hope he comes back to join us, sometime.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 11:55 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's even funnier, is that he want's to be looked at as a RT only.  Have you ever noticed anything in his game that speaks "aggressive, powerful run blocker"?  Yeah, me neither..

I thought this was funny too. His first year as a starter was RT. He stunk. He moved to LT and him and coaches spent offseason talking him up about how he was a natural fit at LT. The he stunk again. 
Reply/Quote
Alexander even benched him and he benches nobody.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 12:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I didn't closely follow the line prospects leading up to that draft, but I remember Zerker/Redlegs calling Og "pillow hands" (and he knew his stuff on linemen) so I was less than thrilled. Count me among those who were also super pissed we took 2 straight tackles. The fact that they both busted hard only makes it worse in hindsight.

I had no problem with drafting two tackles at the time because Whit was old and Andre was poor. With that being said Ced should have been gone after his second season. Once he was benched in week 11 in 2016 the front office should have known it was over.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Nothing new there. They did the same thing with Nugent. You have to know when enough is enough.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 11:56 AM)Destro Wrote: He will become a truck driver.

Doubt that would work out considering how much time he spent wandering the line looking lost.
Reply/Quote
What a dbag.. could you imagine how he would have been treated if he was drafted by like philly???

What a female dog..
Reply/Quote
The 2015 draft set this team back for half a decade. I'll attribute that to Ced and Fisher being awful players for now, because I have no evidence otherwise.

If this guy goes somewhere and actually produces for somebody on another roster, then that's a huge indictment of this coaching staff and organization. Not only does it show Alexander's utter ineptitude, but also the team's unwillingness to part ways with coaches that are a clear detriment to winning games (Alexander, Zampese).
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 11:56 AM)Destro Wrote: He will become a truck driver.

(12-16-2018, 01:50 PM)Benton Wrote: Doubt that would work out considering how much time he spent wandering the line looking lost.

[Image: 4416adf48a1bd2c4d90233b2e5e30ae6.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 08:33 PM)samhain Wrote: The 2015 draft set this team back for half a decade.  I'll attribute that to Ced and Fisher being awful players for now, because I have no evidence otherwise.

If this guy goes somewhere and actually produces for somebody on another roster, then that's a huge indictment of this coaching staff and organization.  Not only does it show Alexander's utter ineptitude, but also the team's unwillingness to part ways with coaches that are a clear detriment to winning games (Alexander, Zampese).

And Lazor, Austin, Lewis
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 08:33 PM)samhain Wrote: The 2015 draft set this team back for half a decade.  I'll attribute that to Ced and Fisher being awful players for now, because I have no evidence otherwise.

If this guy goes somewhere and actually produces for somebody on another roster, then that's a huge indictment of this coaching staff and organization.  Not only does it show Alexander's utter ineptitude, but also the team's unwillingness to part ways with coaches that are a clear detriment to winning games (Alexander, Zampese).

I wouldn't go quite THAT far, but yes, drafting that duo has put the Bengals back a step in their forming a new era team.  Busting on a 1st round QB?  Yeah, that's a 4-5 year setback, but under typical circumstances, most teams would have been rid of Ogbuehi at the end of year 2.  With Fisher?  He should have likely been given an injury payoff and wished well in his future endeavors.  They could and should have went to the bargaining table with ALL of their chips, when it came to negotiations with Whitworth, but that's all water under the bridge.  They could have just as easily attained better free agent talent to make up for the sorry draft picks, but Mr. Brown is just way too loyal (stubborn) to take advantage of such resources.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
One could argue that 4 of our last 5 1st Round picks have been poor. Then there's the oft injured Eifert who was 6 years ago.

THAT'S what sets a team back more than missing on Ced and Fisher...although that hurts.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 09:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: One could argue that 4 of our last 5 1st Round picks have been poor. Then there's the oft injured Eifert who was 6 years ago.

THAT'S what sets a team back more than missing on Ced and Fisher...although that hurts.

I’m definitely worried about Price. He was terrible again today.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 09:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m definitely worried about Price. He was terrible again today.

Center is a rough position for rookies, but I think there should be some concern. From Year 1 to Year 2 he should show a ton of growth.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 08:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And Lazor, Austin, Lewis

To be fair, Austin didn't exactly last long here.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 08:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wouldn't go quite THAT far, but yes, drafting that duo has put the Bengals back a step in their forming a new era team.  Busting on a 1st round QB?  Yeah, that's a 4-5 year setback, but under typical circumstances, most teams would have been rid of Ogbuehi at the end of year 2.  With Fisher?  He should have likely been given an injury payoff and wished well in his future endeavors.  They could and should have went to the bargaining table with ALL of their chips, when it came to negotiations with Whitworth, but that's all water under the bridge.  They could have just as easily attained better free agent talent to make up for the sorry draft picks, but Mr. Brown is just way too loyal (stubborn) to take advantage of such resources.

I would.  It caused the departure of one of the team's best players from both a talent and intangible standpoint.  After that, the line was in a death spiral.  This o-line hasn't been able to protect anyone since 2016.  

People were worried as hell about replacing Jones and Sanu after they left, but the skill position groups are well-stocked with capable players right now.  Unfortunately, the o-line still wanders in the wilderness.  The team is stuck starting the Alex Redmonds and Bobby Harts of the league.  That's not a place you plan on going, it's where you wind up when your plan goes horribly wrong.

Past those two busts at tackle, you have Shaw and Smith who are no longer on the team and then PJ Dawson who many fans liked, but turned out to be another sunk cost.  

Essentially we got 2 backup TEs out of that draft.  Whooptee shit.  
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 10:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is looking forward to moving on from the Bengals..  

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/15/cedric-ogbuehi-looking-forward-to-restarting-without-bengals/?fbclid=IwAR1dx61CH95L0ZW6N93ac94HW_FHYpZMc3oq7DeZCvHV7Svhz_Y1qIrGwow

Some might say that the feeling is mutual.   Hilarious

I see his future alright and it spells...it spells...

"Ceds Hot Dog Stand"

With a tagline, "We can't even block the upset stomach you'll get from our spicy dogs"
Reply/Quote