Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Celebrate the pick!
(04-29-2021, 10:33 PM)Benton Wrote: What if Chase is John Ross 2.0?

Mellow

Just kidding. Sort of. I hated the Ross pick when it happened.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Chase pick, too, but not for the same reason. Ross was a reeeeeeeeach. Chase is probably going to be a very good receiver. And in a couple years when we build an offensive line and Joe has time to throw, Chase will probably look legit.

As it is, Chase is going to be picking up a lot of 5-10 yard passes.
guess the positive to drafting Chase is the new coach next year will have some good offensive pieces in place. They just need a competent coach to put it all together.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:03 AM)TJ528 Wrote: guess the positive to drafting Chase is the new coach next year will have some good offensive pieces in place.  They just need a competent coach to put it all together.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Eh, I think Zac is here another season. The Browns are good with excuses and "My Oline was a guy with a handicapped placard and a cut from another team, along with three returning from the worst OL in the league" is a pretty decent excuse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I was certain that I'd be thrilled regardless of who we took at #5.

But now that we officially know it isn't Penei, I just have a pit in my stomach.

I really hope these coaches know what they're doing...

Look at this way, if Zac and Co flop again, we're set up to hire Joe Brady and become a professional LSU team.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:08 AM)Benton Wrote: Eh, I think Zac is here another season. The Browns are good with excuses and "My Oline was a guy with a handicapped placard and a cut from another team, along with three returning from the worst OL in the league" is a pretty decent excuse.

so then we can nickname Zac "Dave Shula". According to his record he's worse than Shula and.Shula had worse talent given to him by Mjkey boy.
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=16372700]

I think Chase is going to be a very special player and look forward to watching him in stripes, I just hope that this isn't Joe this upcoming season as a result if this offensive line isn't properly addressed....
Reply/Quote
Some people wouldn’t celebrate if they won the lottery. They’d whinge they didn’t win it last month when it was more.
Reply/Quote
Isn't there an age limit to be on this board? Sure are a lot of 4 year olds on here tonight....
Reply/Quote
Just imagine how next years draft will be when the Bengals pick number one overall again! 
Who knows?  Maybe they'll actually draft a decent olineman to protect Joes backup next year..

Ok, ok..so I'm not sold on them picking at 32 just quite yet..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:49 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Isn't there an age limit to be on this board? Sure are a lot of 4 year olds on here tonight....

In the immortal words of my old man,  "Wait'll you get to be my age."  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Meh.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:42 AM)Wyche Wrote: Meh.....

At least we won't have to hear "If Joe had more elite targets at WR, he wouldn't get sacked so much", again this year.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Chase is a helluva player. We could very well have one of the best WR core's in the league for a few years with a guy like Chase joining Higgins and Boyd. But on the other hand we havent even been a decent team at all since we lost Whit, so we'll see how the rest of this plays out.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:33 PM)Benton Wrote: What if Chase is John Ross 2.0?

Mellow

Just kidding. Sort of. I hated the Ross pick when it happened.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Chase pick, too, but not for the same reason. Ross was a reeeeeeeeach. Chase is probably going to be a very good receiver. And in a couple years when we build an offensive line and Joe has time to throw, Chase will probably look legit.

As it is, Chase is going to be picking up a lot of 5-10 yard passes.

One of the reasons Burrow took so many hits was that he often held the ball too long...our receivers weren't getting separation. With boundary receivers like Auden Tate, teams were able to delay Boyd at the line and double or bracket Higgins. Chase fixes that. Also, we have better tackles in place now, and a better O line coach, thus the line has improved even before the draft. Now, several plug and play O linemen have fallen into the second round where we will likely get one addressing the need even further. Chase was an awesome pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At least we won't have to hear "If Joe had more elite targets at WR, he wouldn't get sacked so much", again this year.  

Yes sir !
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes sir !

Well, I'm not at all impressed with the trade back and selection Carmen.  Just what the Bengals OL needed, a guy that struggles with weight issues..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At least we won't have to hear "If Joe had more elite targets at WR, he wouldn't get sacked so much", again this year.  

Ha ha ha....yep.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I'm still waiting for Burrow to turn mediocre WRs into great ones, and elevate his OL play by grabbing them by their facemask and yelling at them to hold them accountable.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Amen to that, but I can see us needing a 2nd RB (from LSU) more than a lineman next year.

After all, a good run game helps prevent sacks. Or something.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote