Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Center Austin Reiter in for visit
Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
The #Bengals are bringing in former #Chiefs center Austin Reiter for a visit Monday, per source. Reiter started for KC the past two seasons, including both Super Bowls. Another move coming to fortify Joe Burrow’s offensive line?

Looking like Hopkins may not be ready (which would have been miraculous anyway given he late injury)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Feels like they got some bad news on Hopkins this week.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 03:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
The #Bengals are bringing in former #Chiefs center Austin Reiter for a visit Monday, per source. Reiter started for KC the past two seasons, including both Super Bowls. Another move coming to fortify Joe Burrow’s offensive line?

Looking like Hopkins may not be ready (which would have been miraculous

Reiter would honestly be an upgrade over Hopkins even if Trey was healthy.  The move would let them stash Trey on the PUP and use him in 1st man off the bench type role, where he is honestly better suited.  It also gives them another option at LG if nobody steps up there.
Reply/Quote
Would be a solid signing especially with Hopkins injury
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 03:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Feels like they got some bad news on Hopkins this week.

Hopkins was never going to be ready for camp.  His surgery was in Jan.  It would be a huge surprise if he is available to play before Oct. He may even be on the PUP list at the start of the season.

As for Reiter, he sucks at run blocking

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 03:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero

Looking like Hopkins may not be ready (which would have been miraculous anyway given he late injury)

Why is Reiter Available?
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 03:38 PM)pally Wrote: Hopkins was never going to be ready for camp.  His surgery was in Jan.  It would be a huge surprise if he is available to play before Oct. He may even be on the PUP list at the start of the season.

well crap...  we need to run the ball a whole lot more in 2021 than we did last year.
Reply/Quote
Is there a reason that KC didn't re-sign him? His PFF grades are pretty decent (70.9 in 2020, 63 in 2019, 78.6 in 2018, Trey's highest is 63.8 in 2020), so I'm surprised he's still on the market.
Reply/Quote
Hopkins PUP and Price looking like shit: confirmed. That's what the waiver claim and this move tells me.

Sure would have been nice if they had just gone after Linsley in FA and not only solved C outright for the next 4-5 years but made it a major strength.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 03:47 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Is there a reason that KC didn't re-sign him? His PFF grades are pretty decent (70.9 in 2020, 63 in 2019, 78.6 in 2018, Trey's highest is 63.8 in 2020), so I'm surprised he's still on the market.

They reportedly had interest in resigning him, but went with Austin Blythe instead.  My guess would be he wanted more than they were willing to pay.
Reply/Quote
If Hopkins isn’t ready we really have no depth behind Price who isn’t great to being with. Who’s are backup center Trey Hill ? Hill is a rookie who might not even make the team. I read somewhere Hill projects better as a guard. Michael Jordan played center in college he could be used in an emergency situation if we’re desperate I guess. Anyways no problem with looking at Reiter
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 03:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Why is Reiter Available?

Because he's currently not on a roster
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 03:38 PM)pally Wrote: Hopkins was never going to be ready for camp.  His surgery was in Jan.  It would be a huge surprise if he is available to play before Oct. He may even be on the PUP list at the start of the season.

That's okay. Zac loves to throw the ball.  So running the ball doesn't matter in this offense.  
Reply/Quote
Agree with others, this is a sign that Hop isn't close to ready. Even though Reiter is an upgrade over Hop when healthy.

Solid move, sign the man and bring in another vet OT for depth.
Reply/Quote
According to the athletic 2 other Offensive lineman coming for visits. No names and no word on if they are centers but still good news we are still active IMO

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/cincinnati-bengals-hosting-austin-reiter-two-other-offensive-linemen-for-visits
Reply/Quote
I like this move. I always thought Hopkins was a better RG than a C. This upgrades starting C and backup C and provides depth at both L/R G & T spots.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 03:47 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Is there a reason that KC didn't re-sign him? His PFF grades are pretty decent (70.9 in 2020, 63 in 2019, 78.6 in 2018, Trey's highest is 63.8 in 2020), so I'm surprised he's still on the market.

The difference between Trey Hopkins and Austin Reiter is minimal. Both are excellent pass protectors and both are average at best run blockers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Talking to Reiter is a sign that Pollack is telling them Price is not going to be able to fill in adequately for Hopkins.
Reply/Quote
I don't know if Reiter would be an upgrade over Hopkins at all. He was ranked pretty low as a free agent, and must suck pretty bad to still be on the market. I don't think Trey is anything special, but he is at least an average starter, Reiter seems more like one of these borderline starter/backup.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2021, 04:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: Talking to Reiter is a sign that Pollack is telling them Price is not going to be able to fill in adequately for Hopkins.

No it doesn't.

I have no reason to praise Price, but if Hopkins is not ready we have to sign another OC.
Reply/Quote