Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Center Austin Reiter in for visit
Bring all the strippers and coke you can find. We need this man...
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 01:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: Trey Hopkins is NOT on the PUP list to open camp which means he, similar to Joe, appear to be on track to play week 1.

The thing is the difference in positions. Hopkins' leg needs to be a lot stronger than Burrows' to play his position.  He not only has to rehab the knee, he has to regain the strength
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 01:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The thing is the difference in positions. Hopkins' leg needs to be a lot stronger than Burrows' to play his position.  He not only has to rehab the knee, he has to regain the strength

If it was out of the realm of it happening he would be on PUP…he isn’t. It may not happen, but not being on PUP to start camp is a good sign.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2021, 04:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Reiffis top 10 highest paid RT in the league.

Cough cough but is his play top 10 lmao absolutely not so back to the drawing board for you cuz ur argument is garbage
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 02:42 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Cough cough but is his play top 10 lmao absolutely not so back to the drawing board for you cuz ur argument is garbage

"Cheap" has to do with money spent.

Plus, since Reiff was a decent LT I think he could be a top 10 RT.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 11:46 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don’t think it’ll happen. I’m sure he is weighing the stark difference between KC and cinci and is it worth it coming here… only if the pay is nice. If he has held out this long, I doubt cinci money will be enough.

I agree with you, feels like the coaches held onto some false hope Hopkins would make a miraculous recovery instead of addressing the problem early. I wanted them to make a play for Linsley but that ship sailed long ago. Like you said, they could have planned this better from what I can tell.

To be fair we have a young promising cast of skill position players and it’s not like he would have to line up with a terrible o line assuming they stay healthy. I mean we’re certainly no Kansas City, but we’re an up and coming young offensive team. He could certainly come in and Look good for one year and try to get a bigger payday next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 10:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seeing how none of the top paid OL free agents signed with the Bengals, is it fair to surmise that perhaps the Bengals lowballed them with cheap offers?

Yep, sure if you are a half full kind of guy who rags on almost every Bengals move
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2021, 04:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: good-7.jpg]

I guess. That's the kind of answer people come up with when they know the truth reveals they are full of shit. So instead of answering the question about his cherry picked stats, he just blabs a bunch of bullshit. Not shocked you bought it.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 03:36 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I guess. That's the kind of answer people come up with when they know the truth reveals they are full of shit. So instead of answering the question about his cherry picked stats, he just blabs a bunch of bullshit. Not shocked you bought it.

Maybe you missed the statement he was answering. 

" Teams rarely win when throwing 40+ passes per game."

You could always go back and compile stats for the other teams, i guess. It might bolster your (apparent) argument. Or you could do nothing and his answer will still dispute the statement that was made. It's kind of unnecessary though, because here's the point..."It's hard to base an indictment of a style of offense based on teams with bad players and/or schemes."

The original statement was a broad stroke. He was just pointing out that it's not really that way. The reason i bought it is because it's true. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 03:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yep, sure if you are a half full kind of guy who rags on almost every Bengals move

Or...you could base it on past experience. Whit, and the tweets that were posted regarding Thuney, before they were taken down. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Austin Reiter would be a welcome addition. No way Hopkins is full 100% by opening day.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 04:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Whit, and the tweets that were posted regarding Thuney, before they were taken down. 

I must have missed these.  What did he say?
Reply/Quote
Especially if they sign Reiter I am 100% more confident in an opening day OL of Williams - Spain - Reiter - Carman - Reiff than I was in last years opening day lineup of Williams - MJ - Hopkins - XSF - Hart. Especially when XSF went down and we were stuck with Redmond. Combined with actually having a competent NFL OL coach now I can see this OL being able to do its job, letting our skill players do theirs.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 04:46 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I must have missed these.  What did he say?

I believe it was from his sister or someone close in the family. I don't remember exactly but either a question was raised or they flatly stated he was lowballed. I know there's someone on here who knows more than i do. Hopefully, they see your question.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 05:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I believe it was from his sister or someone close in the family. I don't remember exactly but either a question was raised or they flatly stated he was lowballed. I know there's someone on here who knows more than i do. Hopefully, they see your question.

Oh, I think I remember that now.  I thought you were talking about tweets Whit made.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 05:19 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Oh, I think I remember that now.  I thought you were talking about tweets Whit made.

Didn't his wife throw out some stuff while that was going on?

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 05:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Didn't his wife throw out some stuff while that was going on?

Yep. She wrote an article in some magazine about it;

As I remember, the first team to call was the Los Angeles Chargers. They made a good offer. The next was from the Bengals. It wasn’t a good offer. At all. “It’s just the first day,” Andrew’s agent, Pat Dye said. There was another offer that first day from the Los Angeles Rams. A really solid offer. We knew they wanted him.

The next morning, less than 24 hours into the free agency process, it did ramp up. Offers came in from Denver, Minnesota, the New York Jets, and another one from the Rams (an even better one). Each time, Dad would put pen to paper and make his calculations. We would all talk and weigh our options. Andrew called Pat back at dinner that night and said, “I really don’t want to go anywhere else. I want to finish my career in Cincinnati, but their offer isn’t even competitive with the others. Can you reach out to them and see if they will increase their offer?” The answer hit us like a ton of bricks… “Andrew, here’s the text I just received from Troy Blackburn (one of the Bengals’ owners),” Pat’s text read. “I wanted you to read it for yourself. I’m sorry.” “We don’t have Andrew valued at that price,” Blackburn said. “He is an aging left tackle. Our offer stands. It will not increase. If he chooses to leave Cincinnati, all good things must come to an end, I guess.”

Wow. That was it. Cincinnati didn’t “value Andrew” the way other teams seemed to. It was hurtful and felt personal. We sat in silence for a few minutes not believing what we had just read. Andrew finally broke the tension in the room and called Pat on speaker phone, “Well Pat, I’m still not sure these other offers are worth me leaving Cincinnati.” He REALLY wanted to stay. Pat said, “Let me call the Rams back. They want you badly. I’ll tell them to make an offer you can’t refuse.”

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 05:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. She wrote an article in some magazine about it;

As I remember, the first team to call was the Los Angeles Chargers. They made a good offer. The next was from the Bengals. It wasn’t a good offer. At all. “It’s just the first day,” Andrew’s agent, Pat Dye said. There was another offer that first day from the Los Angeles Rams. A really solid offer. We knew they wanted him.

The next morning, less than 24 hours into the free agency process, it did ramp up. Offers came in from Denver, Minnesota, the New York Jets, and another one from the Rams (an even better one). Each time, Dad would put pen to paper and make his calculations. We would all talk and weigh our options. Andrew called Pat back at dinner that night and said, “I really don’t want to go anywhere else. I want to finish my career in Cincinnati, but their offer isn’t even competitive with the others. Can you reach out to them and see if they will increase their offer?” The answer hit us like a ton of bricks… “Andrew, here’s the text I just received from Troy Blackburn (one of the Bengals’ owners),” Pat’s text read. “I wanted you to read it for yourself. I’m sorry.” “We don’t have Andrew valued at that price,” Blackburn said. “He is an aging left tackle. Our offer stands. It will not increase. If he chooses to leave Cincinnati, all good things must come to an end, I guess.”

Wow. That was it. Cincinnati didn’t “value Andrew” the way other teams seemed to. It was hurtful and felt personal. We sat in silence for a few minutes not believing what we had just read. Andrew finally broke the tension in the room and called Pat on speaker phone, “Well Pat, I’m still not sure these other offers are worth me leaving Cincinnati.”  He REALLY wanted to stay. Pat said, “Let me call the Rams back. They want you badly. I’ll tell them to make an offer you can’t refuse.”

Ahhhh, yes. I did some digging and found that and this.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/andrew-whitworth-bengals-offer

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 03:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yep, sure if you are a half full kind of guy who rags on almost every Bengals move

Who are you speaking to?  I speak my opinion of Bengals moves as it is deserved, good or bad, I hand out praise or criticism without prejudice.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2021, 05:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. She wrote an article in some magazine about it;

Wow. That was it. Cincinnati didn’t “value Andrew” the way other teams seemed to. It was hurtful and felt personal. We sat in silence for a few minutes not believing what we had just read. Andrew finally broke the tension in the room and called Pat on speaker phone, “Well Pat, I’m still not sure these other offers are worth me leaving Cincinnati.”  He REALLY wanted to stay. Pat said, “Let me call the Rams back. They want you badly. I’ll tell them to make an offer you can’t refuse.”

I have to agree with his wife's statement, that does seem personal.  Even if that truly was the most they were willing to offer him, there's a million different ways to word that.  There's absolutely no reason to describe him as aging, to reiterate "it will not increase" after just saying the offer stands.  And to conclude it with an "I guess" at the end reads like complete indifference.

I really do not like this man (Troy).  Every time he opens his mouth, or I read a quote like this he strikes me a smug, pretentious piece of shit.  And to make matters even worse, he has absolutely zero reason to be.  He married into this game, and he has nothing on his resume to support speaking to people this way. 

This is a player who gave a decade to this franchise and always did it the right way.  The least you could do if you're not prepared to offer him a competitive deal is to be a little more professional about parting.  There's absolutely no reason to sound this callous or standoffish.  It takes little to no effort to reply in a way that doesn't read so shitty, while still delivering the overall point.

This is the first I've read this (not sure how I missed it).  This really pisses me off.
Reply/Quote