Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Center Austin Reiter in for visit
(07-30-2021, 11:45 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sorry, i saw "jerry" and didn't read the rest of your post. 

John Jerry, in 2019 played LT exclusively for his first 8 games as a Bengal then played 9 snaps at RG his last game. His pressure numbers are easily worse than Spain's. 

I'll take your word for it because I honestly don't remember the position details. I thought he played all over the place (RT too) including LT those first few weeks. I could have sworn Andre Smith was at LT some. But I won't dispute you on that because I don't really remember the specifics. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 11:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For all Hart’s great improvement he’s making the exact same money as Spain this year.

I wonder how that registers in Fredworld?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 11:30 AM)jj22 Wrote: Hart did improve, pretty much all agreed on that. Doesn't mean he was good or worthy of a starting spot. I don't think anyone is "shitting" on Spain. We as a fan base are just embarrassing ourselves by putting him on some pedestal when he'd likely be out of the league if not for the Bengals (let alone starting - with fans considering him the answer to a bad line)

I know we are desperate with hope the line improves, but we can't lose track of reality in the process.

Who put him on a pedistal? Certainly not me. I think he's an average to above starter and he's better than some of the other guys that played last year. I also know that the line played better last year once they put XSF and Spain in one spot and left them there. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 11:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is exactly the kind of thing people say when they can't address the facts.

I address facts plenty. You just ignore them, so i take a side street sometimes.  Smirk

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 11:57 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Who put him on a pedistal? Certainly not me. I think he's an average to above starter and he's better than some of the other guys that played last year. I also know that the line played better last year once they put XSF and Spain in one spot and left them there. 

I agree with you they did. 

I tho hope they didn't rely on him to start again in their 2021 planning (even if it may just work out that way). Being better then what we had might not mean much given what we had. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 11:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I can post multiple stats that show Hart was in the top half of the league among the top half of all RTs in 2019.

I trashed him after his terrible 2018 season and after he declined in 2020 I agreed he needed to go.

That doesn't deny the fact that you spent multiple posts defending his play and you're now saying Spain isn't good enough to be signed by anyone for more than a mil+. 

Spain is better than Hart. Maybe not by much but he's better and he's more versatile...but you choose to spend a bunch of posts defending Hart and (insert preferred less than positive adjective here) Spain. 

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 11:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What was his "grade" last year with the Bills before they released him.

Better than it was after he came to the Bengals. Of the 3 games he played with the Bills, one was mid 60s the other low 70s. 

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 11:54 AM)jj22 Wrote: I'll take your word for it because I honestly don't remember the position details. I thought he played all over the place (RT too) including LT those first few weeks. I could have sworn Andre Smith was at LT some. But I won't dispute you on that because I don't really remember the specifics. 

Here's his snap counts for that year. 

[Image: jerry-snap-count-19.jpg]

EDIT:

Snap count for Jerry '19, 445. Pressures, 27.
Snap count for Spain '20, 543. Pressures, 15.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 11:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You praise Bobby Hart for his 'great' improvement even though that improvement left him as low end RT, defend his honor to the ends of the earth, yet shit all over Spain and say he's not worth much, after how he moved around all last year and still played better than Hart, by a long shot. 

Guess who my money is on?

My money is on Spain having a good year over Hart that is for damn sure. 

And I thought Hart was better than some let on.

Spain played damn near elite early in his career and is a very good pass protector. Run blocker? Not as much.

Don't understand the Spain hate either, just that time of year. Lot of hate going on round here lol
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 12:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here's his snap counts for that year. 

[Image: jerry-snap-count-19.jpg]

EDIT:

Snap count for Jerry '19, 445. Pressures, 27.
Snap count for Spain '20, 543. Pressures, 15.

Nice. Cool
Reply/Quote
Saw Austin Reiter thread was so long....was curious why.

Disappointed.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 11:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I can post multiple stats that show Hart was in the top half of the league among the top half of all RTs in 2019.

I trashed him after his terrible 2018 season and after he declined in 2020 I agreed he needed to go.

No you cant.  You have already tried like 30 times and failed miserably every time.  Hart was dog poop and so was Vigil.  Those were your boys.  Easily the 2 worst starters on the team. You would drum up thread after thread and post the most meaningless stats as if they proved your point each time.  Vigils tackles ..Hart football outsiders/PFF run block grades LOL.  I still laugh about those threads, they were that boneheaded.  The sad part is it seems like you are serious and its not satire. 
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 01:36 PM)Destro Wrote: Saw Austin Reiter thread was so long....was curious why.

Disappointed.

It's definitely not because Austin Reiter is our latest intriguing addition to the OL..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2021, 03:53 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: No you cant.  

Sig bet that I can.

Willing to take it?

I am talking about stats, not opinions.
Reply/Quote
He's taken a couple other visits and still no signing, so it's looking more and more like there's something to the knee issue. Sucks, because if healthy, he would've been an upgrade over anyone on our roster.

Are we really going to start Price? Better hope for some Pollack magic.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 02:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He's taken a couple other visits and still no signing, so it's looking more and more like there's something to the knee issue. Sucks, because if healthy, he would've been an upgrade over anyone on our roster.

Are we really going to start Price? Better hope for some Pollack magic.

No, I believe we are really going to start Trey Hopkins. There is a reason he didn't start camp on PUP.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 02:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, I believe we are really going to start Trey Hopkins. There is a reason he didn't start camp on PUP.

Yep. Just saw Hopkins was on the “up” list from over the weekend. Hard to believe he’ll be ready, but it sounds like that’s going to be the case.

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 02:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Just saw Hopkins was on the “up” list from over the weekend. Hard to believe he’ll be ready, but it sounds like that’s going to be the case.

The advancements being made in medical procedures and rehab have come a long way in the last few years. Will he be 100%? No, probably not but at Center his value of being familiar with Burrow and getting protections set will make up for any potential issues I feel like. 
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 02:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, I believe we are really going to start Trey Hopkins. There is a reason he didn't start camp on PUP.

Wow ok...that was quite the turnaround.

Well I'm definitely less worried about Center then, although Hopkins is average at best. We could certainly do worse though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2021, 03:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wow ok...that was quite the turnaround.

Well I'm definitely less worried about Center then, although Hopkins is average at best. We could certainly do worse though.

Average run blocker, very good pass blocker though. I would say he is above average.
Reply/Quote