Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Center JC Tretter
The Browns are clearing payroll for DeShaun Watson. THey are release center JC Tretter

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Keep him in Ohio! Sign him to solidify the interior, and allow Karras to stay at LG, the position he plays best at.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 12:38 PM)pally Wrote: The Browns are clearing payroll for DeShaun Watson. THey are release center JC Tretter

Free Agency is a fascinating watch this year. I’ve got tons more time this year and have become much more absorbed as well as I know a key person at the Bengals. Watching teams get better and some worse. Chargers much better. Jags much better. Denver much better. Seattle short term worse but on the rise. Chiefs suffered in the secondary. Cowboys I think are weaker. Losing Collins and Williams in the OL.

Now the Browns. Giving up Tretter for nothing in return and O J and Landry for nothing. We could still use Tretter.
Reply/Quote
Tretter would be a solid pickup for the Bengals. His release might also cause some teams to back off of Bozeman if he's their target.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
100% on board with adding him, he could even come cheap just to spite the Browns.
He's been an elite blocker (specifically pass blocker) for the past 4+ years.
According to PFF, he's never allowed more than 2 sacks in a season.

Tretter with Karras and Cappa would make a studly IOL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Yep do it! Got cut too, could be nice value on top of being a big improvement for us at C. Cutting Hopkins would clear $6 mil in space to go towards Tretter.
Reply/Quote
If Bradley Bozeman can’t come to Cincinnati then J.C. Tretter is a fantastic alternative.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 12:54 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If Bradley Bozeman can’t come to Cincinnati then J.C. Tretter is a fantastic alternative.

I know Bozeman is younger, but Tretter fits our mold much better. Scheme fit, high character, CONSISTENT, great pass blocker, good run blocker, glass eater and the cherry on TOP.......

His first name is initials. Fred is drooling so much right now, we may have to build an ark.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Grab Tretter instantly.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 12:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Grab Tretter instantly.

If they liked Jensen, they should LOVE Tretter. To make it even sweeter, you go after him not only because you want an Alpha at center, but because you're sticking it to the clowns up north. 

Reply/Quote
Tretter would be a steal.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Releasing Hopkins and picking up Tretter and Collins gets released Oh my!!! They could then draft a corner at #31 and a DT @ #63 and at #95 a TE.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 12:59 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: If they liked Jensen, they should LOVE Tretter. To make it even sweeter, you go after him not only because you want an Alpha at center, but because you're sticking it to the clowns up north. 

Also the only snaps he's missed in the last 5 years was from the 1 game he missed due to COVID. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 12:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 100% on board with adding him, he could even come cheap just to spite the Browns.
He's been an elite blocker (specifically pass blocker) for the past 4+ years.
According to PFF, he's never allowed more than 2 sacks in a season.

Tretter with Karras and Cappa would make a studly IOL.

do this and then maybe resign Reiff??
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:02 PM)kalibengal Wrote: do this and then maybe resign Reiff??

As long as we have good depth at T incase he goes down again, sure. Of course I'm greedy and I'm pulling for Tretter and Collins. OL would be a strength. Imagine that.

Reply/Quote

...or draft Faalele — or do both.
Reply/Quote

Reiff really wasn't that good last year.
He was good as a run blocker though.

I'd still prefer Moses or Williams in FA. Or trade for Collins.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Releasing Hopkins and picking up Tretter and Collins gets released Oh my!!!

Could you imagine 4 new starters on the O line. Omg that would be amazing and exactly what we need to be SB contenders again.

I low key also want to add a speedy receiver. A real threat. Either FA or draft. Probably round 3.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:05 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Could you imagine 4 new starters on the O line. Omg that would be amazing and exactly what we need to be SB contenders again.

I low key also want to add a speedy receiver. A real threat. Either FA or draft. Probably round 3.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought KC added 4 starters last year
Orlando Brown, Joe Thuney, Creed Humphrey, Trey Smith

So it's not impossible.

Pretty impressive though if it all comes from FA vs mix of FA and draft.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Reiff really wasn't that good last year.
He was good as a run blocker though.

I'd still prefer Moses or Williams in FA. Or trade for Collins.

Our biggest issue was IOL. Of course, we need to upgrade RT, but can you get a JC Tretter AND a Collins? I'm asking because idk. 

[Image: d47sqw45bzu01-e1582542632454.jpg]

Reply/Quote