Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chad issues a challenge
Chad has and probably will always be my favorite player.
Why? Because he brought a level of lighthearted entertainment that very few in the NFL have brought.
He understands that sports don't have to be serious business all the time and made sure the fans got plenty of enjoyment even in defeat.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Chad can come in and challenge Randy for kicking duties and Randy looks like he has partaken in a meal from McDonald's from time to time also.
Reply/Quote
Funny stuff, hard to not like Chad, good man. Makes me laugh. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 02:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wish I was better at sharing this stuff.  Chad wants to be an asst WR coach....I hope this team develops some of Chad's swagger.  I'm sure Burrow will have it, and I am hoping the "everyone was a captain" gets some more leadership on both sides of the ball.   There was that brief time in 2015 when the Bengals were fun to watch, but they have been largely "blah" since Chad left.  

Burfict, Pacman, Reggie Nelson, Dre...that 2015 defense had some swagger. More recently it’s been Mixon on offense.

I’m ready for it to come from our QB though. Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 02:30 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: LOL

He will be 'til the day he dies!

Which will probably be in his 90’s after a lifetime of people asking him how he can eat that crap. Lol

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 03:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I was happier when Chad was in the Closet and came out once in a while.. his ego just can;t stop him now it seems...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 04:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chad has and probably will always be my favorite player.
Why? Because he brought a level of lighthearted entertainment that very few in the NFL have brought.
He understands that sports don't have to be serious business all the time and made sure the fans got plenty of enjoyment even in defeat.

If Burrow or someone else ever leads us to a SB win he might bump Chad out of the top spot for me, but I’ll always have a soft spot for him. He was the main reason I got back into following the Bengals again as an adult after spending my teens pretty much indifferent towards them. He really did put us back on the map and make us relevant again.

Reply/Quote
Chad had luck with timing. He caught the Bengals when they were on the upswing.

I loved his bravado and confidence also, but if the Bengals had been losers during that time he would have been laughed out of the league.

And, of course, Chad's talent was a part of why the Bengals started winning.
Reply/Quote
I wish things could have ended differently with Chad.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 04:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chad has and probably will always be my favorite player.

I share the same feelings.  After the suffering through the '90s as a fan, Chad made it fun and exciting to watch the team.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 03:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I was happier when Chad was in the Closet and came out once in a while.. his ego just can;t stop him now it seems...

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 05:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Chad had luck with timing. He caught the Bengals when they were on the upswing.

I loved his bravado and confidence also, but if the Bengals had been losers during that time he would have been laughed out of the league.

And, of course, Chad's talent was a part of why the Bengals started winning.

We only had 2 winning seasons during his time here. We were hardly world beaters...

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 05:42 PM)Destro Wrote: I wish things could have ended differently with Chad.

It’s unfortunate that we have to say that about so many Bengal greats. I hope AJ and Geno break the trend.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 05:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I celebrate this post.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 05:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We only had 2 winning seasons during his time here. We were hardly world beaters...

Yeah, so saying he was "lucky" is kinda silly. It's not like he landed with the Patriots.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals are in the Super Bowl, I would sign Chad as the emergency kicker (I know there is no such thing) so he could get a ring.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 06:28 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: If the Bengals are in the Super Bowl, I would sign Chad as the emergency kicker (I know there is no such thing) so he could get a ring.

And he still would have earned it more than Jeremy Hill earned his. Tongue

Reply/Quote
He had a nice run and his ego ballooned that was fine but when adversity hit in the face he went down hill...
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 05:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia...f=1&nofb=1]

Where is 'ole Stormborn?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 07:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He had a nice run and his ego ballooned that was fine but when adversity hit in the face he went down hill...

No he didn’t. Chad played at an extremely high level the entire time he was here. When he “went down hill” he was 33 years old and in an extremely complex NE offense that many WR’s have struggled with. Look at Mo Sanu just last year.

Reply/Quote