Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chad issues a challenge
(04-27-2020, 07:11 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Where is 'ole Stormborn?

Speaking of posters that are MIA I really wanted Piston’s reaction to our FA...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 07:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No he didn’t. Chad played at an extremely high level the entire time he was here. When he “went down hill” he was 33 years old and in an extremely complex NE offense that many WR’s have struggled with. Look at Mo Sanu just last year.

totally disagree.. he was a self absorbed distraction the last few years of his career.. it was all about him.. HOF jacket, changing his name etc.. it was not about the team..  We made the playoffs twice in his career here..
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 07:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No he didn’t. Chad played at an extremely high level the entire time he was here. 

Chad did, but Ochocingo didn't.

After the '07 season he got his feelings hurt and tried to cry his way out of town.  He did not lift weights the entire offseason and put off ankle surgery until just before training camp to make sure he would not be ready for opening day.

He was here 3 more season after that and just averaged 56.2 yards per game and 12.6 yards per catch with only 17 tds in 43 games.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 07:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: totally disagree.. he was a self absorbed distraction the last few years of his career.. it was all about him.. HOF jacket, changing his name etc.. it was not about the team..  We made the playoffs twice in his career here..

I wasn’t crazy about the Ocho stuff either, but the year he did the HOF jacket stunt he had 93 rec 1440 yds (career high) and 8 TD. He clearly had not gone “down hill” yet.

And blaming a guy who was easily top 5 at his position the majority of his career for his team not making the playoffs more is ridiculous. We didn’t make the playoffs more because Carson became a turnover machine, and we never had any defense (outside 2009).

Chad was a 2x All Pro and 6x Pro Bowler who put up huge number in the best division in football with the likes of Ray Lewis’ Ravens and the Steelers always having top defenses. He was also crazy durable all things considered.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 07:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Chad did, but Ochocingo didn't.

After the '07 season he got his feelings hurt and tried to cry his way out of town.  He did not lift weights the entire offseason and put off ankle surgery until just before training camp to make sure he would not be ready for opening day.

He was here 3 more season after that and just averaged 56.2 yards per game and 12.6 yards per catch with only 17 tds in 43 games.

One of those seasons he had Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing to him. And he sure as hell wasn't “Fitzmagic” back then.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 05:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Chad had luck with timing.  He caught the Bengals when they were on the upswing.

I loved his bravado and confidence also, but if the Bengals had been losers during that time he would have been laughed out of the league.

And, of course, Chad's talent was a part of why the Bengals started winning.

We were
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 07:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He had a nice run and his ego ballooned that was fine but when adversity hit in the face he went down hill...

Stop it.

You've never been able to contain your disdain for when he, "changed his name," so just drop it.

He still made the PB and put up a great year, being double-teamed all season long, in 2009.

(04-27-2020, 07:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Speaking of posters that are MIA I really wanted Piston’s reaction to our FA...

It was super positive! Why would he be back if things are going well?

(04-27-2020, 07:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: totally disagree.. he was a self absorbed distraction the last few years of his career.. it was all about him.. HOF jacket, changing his name etc.. it was not about the team.. We made the playoffs twice in his career here..

No he wasn't.

HOF Jacket, huh? You mean in 2007, when he put up the best numbers of his career and constantly dove and gave his body up for catches?

Give it up FFS, your bias is the only thing that's truth in your post.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 07:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Stop it.

You've never been able to contain your disdain for when he, "changed his name," so just drop it.

He still made the PB and put up a great year, being double-teamed all season long, in 2009.

Never said he was a bad player.. but i don;t ignore the negative he brought to the team like maybe others like you.. no surprise he has not caught on as a coach somewhere... maturity matters.. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 07:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Chad did, but Ochocingo didn't.

Of course he played opening day. Even with a torn labrum he received in TC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 07:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Never said he was a bad player.. but i don;t ignore the negative he brought to the team like maybe others like you.. no surprise he has not caught on as a coach somewhere... maturity matters.. 

Oh please. You see some of the high character guys the league darling Steelers have employed as assistant coaches over the years?

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 07:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh please. You see some of the high character guys the league darling Steelers have employed as assistant coaches over the years?

Ive seen alot more NOT.. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 07:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wasn’t crazy about the Ocho stuff either, but the year he did the HOF jacket stunt he had 93 rec 1440 yds (career high) and 8 TD. He clearly had not gone “down hill” yet.

And blaming a guy who was easily top 5 at his position the majority of his career for his team not making the playoffs more is ridiculous. We didn’t make the playoffs more because Carson became a turnover machine, and we never had any defense (outside 2009).

Chad was a 2x All Pro and 6x Pro Bowler who put up huge number in the best division in football with the likes of Ray Lewis’ Ravens and the Steelers always having top defenses. He was also crazy durable all things considered.

Hmm..went downhill after HOF season..that was part of my point.  A great contrast of players.. Two great players for the Bengals Chad and AJ.. success got to Chad.. team became less as I become more..  i have seen the opposite in AJ..  Also Great Team Players are judged by getting to playoffs and winning.... I think we look past his negatives because of his not only his positives but theatrics also...
Finally if Chad is so loyal Bengals.. why now ?? why in the News so much more ??? what about when we were making the 5 year run to playoffs ???  I circle back around to more about ME than about TEAM.. sorry i hijacked this post.. i will go into the shadow now...
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 07:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Hmm..went downhill after HOF season..that was part of my point.  A great contrast of players.. Two great players for the Bengals Chad and AJ.. success got to Chad.. team became less as I become more..  i have seen the opposite in AJ..  Also Great Team Players are judged by getting to playoffs and winning.... I think we look past his negatives because of his not only his positives but theatrics also...
Finally if Chad is so loyal Bengals.. why now ?? why in the News so much more ??? what about when we were making the 5 year run to playoffs ???  I circle back around to more about ME than about TEAM.. sorry i hijacked this post.. i will go into the shadow now...

I’m not going to keep going back and forth with you on this. Chad is one of the greatest Bengals of all time, and he’s become one of our biggest supporters as far as ex-players go. I will always love the guy. You don’t, which is fine, but just realize most of us do.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Some of you will argue over literally anything. Relax. Life's good.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 08:21 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Some of you will argue over literally anything. Relax. Life's good.

It’ll be better when we can get back to normal. No sports and no movies makes Nicomo a dull boy...

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 03:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I was happier when Chad was in the Closet and came out once in a while.. his ego just can;t stop him now it seems...

Carson, is that you?

Reply/Quote
I can see Ross breaking his finger while typing on the keyboard trying to respond to Chad on twitter, because Ross.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Mr. Look At Me won’t do this crap all year. It gets old quick like.
Reply/Quote