Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chad wants to talk to John Ross; Attending the Atlanta game
Chad spoke highly of Ross and said what he’s going through is “mental.” He also said there’s no reason he shouldn’t be playing like Tyreek Hill. Johnson also said Ross has got to be a “big dog” and that Steve Smith comes to mind. Johnson also said he had a similar experience early in his career.

Full article:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/9/29/17916102/chad-johnson-will-attend-game-in-atlanta-hopes-to-talk-with-john-ross
Reply/Quote
I'd rather TJ keep working with him, not Chad...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 05:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'd rather TJ keep working with him, not Chad...

Chad was one of the greatest Bengals WR’s of all time. C’mon bro
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 05:12 PM)Trademark Wrote: Chad was one of the greatest Bengals WR’s of all time. C’mon bro

He was also one of the biggest head cases. I'd rather Ross just keep talking to and looking up to AJ.....
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 05:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He was also one of the biggest head cases. I'd rather Ross just keep talking to and looking up to AJ.....

He never lacked confidence which may be all Ross needs
Reply/Quote
Ross needs other things than confidence. Things like concentration and actual competitive spirit. He is terrible at route running and playing the ball in the air and even a high school player knows you never quit routes.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 06:15 PM)Joelist Wrote: Ross needs other things than confidence. Things like concentration and actual competitive spirit. He is terrible at route running and playing the ball in the air and even a high school player knows you never quit routes.

Concentration, competitive spirit, route running. All other things Chad could help him with. You guys just keep talking me more into this. Teach him up Chad! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Hopefully it is to slap Ross and give him a swift kick to the rear.

Think it is all he needs.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Maybe Ross is still a ............................. virgin?  Thus his mind is somewhere else and lacking in confidence.   Hmm

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 05:12 PM)Trademark Wrote: Chad was one of the greatest Bengals WR’s of all time. C’mon bro

Yes he was. but Chad was also a head case.

I can't remember which game it was, but he shot off his mouth before the game and then totally choked in the game and dropped a few balls (I don't think it was when the Chiefs were undefeated and we beat them.  I think it was when he was facing a good corner).

To me, this just looks like Chad's upset because he hasn't been in the spotlight in a while and he knows people are forgetting about him, so he's doing this to bring attention to himself.

If this is legit and he can end up helping Ross, then I'm all for it and I applaud Chad.
Reply/Quote
Have Chad wear Ross' uniform to play for us instead. Put a tinted visor on the helmet and he's good to go.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 07:26 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Have Chad wear Ross' uniform to play for us instead. Put a tinted visor on the helmet and he's good to go.

Uno Cinco!

Reply/Quote
Ross's bad play is enough of a distraction. Don't think there's much Ross couldn't learn from people who aren't head cases.
Reply/Quote
The Chad hate is very real. Dude offers good words of advice and offers to help - and is somehow met with hate. I wonder if Steelers fans will hate Antonio Brown from now til infinity like Cincy fan hates guys like Chad and Joey Votto? What a fan base.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Well, Ross better get his act together. He is fast and should be a good deep threat. However, a prima dona coaching him seems a little scary.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
It can't hurt. Chad was a good player. Ross needs to get straightened out. Sooner the better.
Reply/Quote
Not sure how much he can help. But, if Chad wants to help him with his footwork, he certainly has my blessing.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 08:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Chad hate is very real. Dude offers good words of advice and offers to help - and is somehow met with hate. I wonder if Steelers fans will hate Antonio Brown from now til infinity like Cincy fan hates guys like Chad and Joey Votto? What a fan base.

I'll always be a Chad fan man. That catching radius was insane. The footwork was insane. Could tightrope the sidelines better than anyone there for a couple years.
Reply/Quote
Not really sure what Chad can give him through a pregame conversation? Yet, doesn’t matter if it works. Maybe Ross will feel special and flip the switch?

Reply/Quote
Chad was awesome and clearly worked hard as hell despite his playful attitude. Why shouldn’t help Ross? Nothing else is working so what would it hurt. Wow so hate here for one of best.
Reply/Quote