Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chance McCarron is back in stripes?
I think the Bills and Bengals love affair continues after final cuts. Peterman looked pretty good today which could mean Mccarron is on the outside looking in. Think this would be the perfect scenario for the Bengals with the backup QB position. I would even offer a 7th rounder for that matter.
Reply/Quote
Doubt it, but wouldn't be opposed to it necessarily. Barkley has come on these last two weeks, and Driskell looks to be pretty good. Still, AJMc's return would be intriguing.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:31 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: I think the Bills and Bengals love affair continues after final cuts.  Peterman looked pretty good today which could mean Mccarron is on the outside looking in.   Think this would be the perfect scenario for the Bengals with the backup QB position.  I would even offer a 7th rounder for that matter.

If they're going to cut McCarron why give anything for him? Just pick him back up, or let him try and be a starter on another team.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:37 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: If they're going to cut McCarron why give anything for him? Just pick him back up, or let him try and be a starter on another team.

Chance another team ahead of us claims him.   Also we might have someone more we like as priority #1 for waiver claim. 
Reply/Quote
Driskel and Barkley have played pretty well. They are pretty even. Both have been able to score TDs and move the offense with what they got.
Reply/Quote
Why would he want to come back here? He had to go to court to get out of here business or not i doubt he’ll ever be in stripes again
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:36 AM)Shady Wrote: Doubt it, but wouldn't be opposed to it necessarily. Barkley has come on these last two weeks, and Driskell looks to be pretty good. Still, AJMc's return would be intriguing.

Driskell looks pretty good, but I haven't seen it from Barkley.  His balls on the run are wounded ducks and he doesn't seem to have very good vision.  I was all for his signing, but I think Driskell is the better choice.  Either way, if Dalton goes down, it won't bode well for this team.  I still think of the two Driskell is the best option.

I think there won't be a shortage of teams wanting McCarron if he is released, or might even be traded to a team that wants either a little competition for their starter (Jax) or a team that simply needs a veteran after an injury.  If I were Houston, I would get the guy in and teach him their offense.  As dynamic as Watson is, he could still have challenges staying healthy. 
Reply/Quote
Who is Chance McCarron?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 07:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Driskell looks pretty good, but I haven't seen it from Barkley.  His balls on the run are wounded ducks and he doesn't seem to have very good vision.  I was all for his signing, but I think Driskell is the better choice.  Either way, if Dalton goes down, it won't bode well for this team.  I still think of the two Driskell is the best option.

I think there won't be a shortage of teams wanting McCarron if he is released, or might even be traded to a team that wants either a little competition for their starter (Jax) or a team that simply needs a veteran after an injury.  If I were Houston, I would get the guy in and teach him their offense.  As dynamic as Watson is, he could still have challenges staying healthy. 

Agree with all of this.....
Reply/Quote
If he can’t make it as a back up in Buffalo why would we or anyone else want him? I don’t understand the love affair some fans have with this guy. He’s not a starter anywhere and he only an ok backup and maybe not even good enough for Buffalo who has basically no one to start as of now.

So many people though this guy was going to be a hot commodity for a trade and it turns out no one wanted him other than Cleveland which should tell you everything you need to know. Then a lot of qb hungry teams passed on this guy till no one was left and Buffalo picked him up off the scrap heap and now if they throw him back to the curb you really think anyone wants him?

This is crazy.

Having said that he’s not getting cut. Buffalo will probably start him week one if they can and he’ll be a stop gap till Allen is ready.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 09:40 AM)motoarch Wrote: If he can’t make it as a back up in Buffalo why would we or anyone else want him?  I don’t understand the love affair some fans have with this guy.  He’s not a starter anywhere and he only an ok backup and maybe not even good enough for Buffalo who has basically no one to start as of now.

So many people though this guy was going to be a hot commodity for a trade and it turns out no one wanted him other than Cleveland which should tell you everything you need to know.  Then a lot of qb hungry teams passed on this guy till no one was left and Buffalo picked him up off the scrap heap and now if they throw him back to the curb you really think anyone wants him?

This is crazy.

Having said that he’s not getting cut.  Buffalo will probably start him week one if they can and he’ll be a stop gap till Allen is ready.

I'm not so sure.  I have no idea the details of his contract, but right now, if they are going to "go young" Peterman should be the stop-gap until Allen is ready.  McCarron would have been fine as the starter, but now he is missing valuable practice time with his injury.  And Peterman looks to be quite a bit more mobile than McCarron, which would be smart given the state of their offensive line.

Next year is the year Buffalo clears something like 80 million in cap space/bad contracts.  They aren't going to have the team this year, so I would hold off on Allen (who I heard many call the least NFL-ready QB of all the big rookies) and start Peterman.  McCarron could be available, but as I already stated, I think he would be gobbled up by another team.  
Reply/Quote
AJ would be starting in Buffalo if not for his injury.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 07:02 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Why would he want to come back here? He had to go to court to get out of here business or not i doubt he’ll ever be in stripes again

It may not be what he wants, but if it comes down to having a job or not having a job, he'll come back.  However, It is not very likely, since he'll be a free agent if released.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 07:58 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Who is Chance McCarron?

I think it’s the McCarron family dog.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 10:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm not so sure.  I have no idea the details of his contract, but right now, if they are going to "go young" Peterman should be the stop-gap until Allen is ready.  McCarron would have been fine as the starter, but now he is missing valuable practice time with his injury.  And Peterman looks to be quite a bit more mobile than McCarron, which would be smart given the state of their offensive line.

Next year is the year Buffalo clears something like 80 million in cap space/bad contracts.  They aren't going to have the team this year, so I would hold off on Allen (who I heard many call the least NFL-ready QB of all the big rookies) and start Peterman.  McCarron could be available, but as I already stated, I think he would be gobbled up by another team.  

I haven’t watched the bills qbs as close as you it seems so I’ll take your word for it. Either way though I’m not a big macaroni guy, clearly. Someone else can have him. I’m not suggesting what we currently have as backup is better. Macarron us show he’s serviceable in that roll. The guy had to sue the team to get out of here. Anyone really think he’s interested in coming back as a back up all over again?
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 10:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: AJ would be starting in Buffalo if not for his injury.

not 100% sure about that he has about 3 more games in experience than Peterman...  and I heard them talking about how Peterman has outplayed him in practice so far.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:31 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: I think the Bills and Bengals love affair continues after final cuts.  Peterman looked pretty good today which could mean Mccarron is on the outside looking in.   Think this would be the perfect scenario for the Bengals with the backup QB position.  I would even offer a 7th rounder for that matter.

After all the legal fight over restricted or unrestricted.  After McCarron shaking hands with Browns coach and GM on field before Bengals vs Browns last season.  McCarron wanted out of Cincinnati.  The last place he wants to end up is Cincinnati.  Now to all the McCarron fans to back in his college days, I say I am a Bengals Fan, not a McCarron fan.  I woud say this thread getting special treatment by moderators since McCarron no longer a Bengal. Other ex Bengals threads often get booted to NFL Chat quick and fast.  I'm not complaining about mods however.  I will say I was a Bengals fan way before McCarron.  I would not trade a draft pick for McCarron, in fact I don't even want him back.  McCarron will be with Bills this year trying to win starting job during the season. Bills have not gave up on that.  Dalton is our quarterback and the McCarron fans who wanted McCarron to replace Dalton are way out there.  Dalton is one of best QB's Bengals have ever had and McCarron isn't even better than Turk Schonert or Sam Wyche or many other back-ups in Bengals history.  McCarron will be missed so little, it must be the die hard McCarron college fans that keep bringing him up. He is a Bill now. The Bengals move on.  McCarron does not want to return to Cincinnati, and that is OK by me, because our back-ups are better than him. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 09:40 AM)motoarch Wrote: If he can’t make it as a back up in Buffalo why would we or anyone else want him?  I don’t understand the love affair some fans have with this guy.  He’s not a starter anywhere and he only an ok backup and maybe not even good enough for Buffalo who has basically no one to start as of now.

So many people though this guy was going to be a hot commodity for a trade and it turns out no one wanted him other than Cleveland which should tell you everything you need to know.  Then a lot of qb hungry teams passed on this guy till no one was left and Buffalo picked him up off the scrap heap and now if they throw him back to the curb you really think anyone wants him?

This is crazy.

Having said that he’s not getting cut.  Buffalo will probably start him week one if they can and he’ll be a stop gap till Allen is ready.

From (supposed) hot commodity "next Tom Brady" to can't beat out Mr. 5 INTs in a single game Nathan Peterman. Hopefully this clears up what level of player we're talking about here. He might not even be that great of a backup if he can't beat out Peterman. Should be interesting to see how this plays out. Will the Browns be interested? I doubt it with Mayfield and Taylor on their roster. 

My guess is that he'll end up somewhere that needs a backup, but the talk of him becoming a starter should be over. Maybe we put too much stock in that 4 game run? This guy might wind up out of the league for all we know.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:41 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Chance another team ahead of us claims him.   Also we might have someone more we like as priority #1 for waiver claim. 

Not sure if AJ is subject to waivers.

As to the OP. I think he'll be the starter in Buffalo this year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Who is Chance McCarron?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote