Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changeup at RT?
"Yeah, well, the good thing is that we played with Zay for most of last year. So that's a guy that we're comfortable with," Burrow said. "Played a lot of football, and so whoever we're putting out there, I have the utmost trust in them because they've all played a lot of football."

Reply/Quote
Zac in his news conference said he knows who is playing right tackle but he's not planning on announcing it

on the other hand you have this...

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
[Image: Snmj.gif]
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
LOVE how prepared he sounds and how he mentioned all the mental work he's been putting in with meetings and all that, as well as working out and waiting for his opportunity!

He sounds confident and ready and not like the moment is too big for him, which is obvious when he laughs at reporters' stupid questions!

I hope he can perform if called upon, but it sounds like he's up to the task!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
The slightest part of me wants to hope Prince learned a lot from his time starting last year and would be (much) better if playing now, but 95-99% of me thinks he's still just as bad in pass protection now as he was last year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 06:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The slightest part of me wants to hope Prince learned a lot from his time starting last year and would be (much) better if playing now, but 95-99% of me thinks he's still just as bad in pass protection now as he was last year.

If it is indeed him starting I'm with you. Sure hoping he's picked up a lot during practice.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 06:07 PM)Synric Wrote: [Image: Snmj.gif]

My reaction exactly.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 06:07 PM)Synric Wrote: [Image: Snmj.gif]

Perfect. 

IDK what the mystery is about. I mean, do you think the Bills are do anything different if suddenly Prince starts instead of Adeniji (or Smith, or Carman)? 

Anyway, if Prince does start, not exactly a ringing vote of confidence for Adeniji (supposedly swing tackle, OT3) or Smith (OT4), when the guy from the PS (who was waived earlier) starts over both of you. Time to draft some OTs if so, b/c Adeniji & Smith are just wasting roster space at this point. 
Reply/Quote
Based on what seems to be clear based on the eye test of past performances, I believe that Big Whit could outplay Prince, Adeniji, Carman or Smith on either side while wearing street clothes without any practice time.

However, I do feel better this year knowing Volson Ted and Cappa have the pocket covered.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
[Image: no-sir-i-dont-like-it.gif]
Reply/Quote
Maybe design some roll-outs away from Prince's side?
Reply/Quote
I’m ok with Prince, but they better work on is “Tell”. I’ve seen it twice during live games last year. The one foot is not planted and is a clear sign of a pass block. I don’t know if he does that every time but it was clear he wasn’t going to run block. Please relay this to anyone. I first noticed it during the Tennessee game and we all remember how they tee’d off with 8 sacks. Did it have any advantage that they knew? If any game tape sleuths are out there please help Joey B.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 07:12 PM)Dean_Gilberry95 Wrote: I’m ok with Prince, but they better work on is “Tell”.  I’ve seen it twice during live games last year.  The one foot is not planted and is a clear sign of a pass block.  I don’t know if he does that every time but it was clear he wasn’t going to run block. Please relay this to anyone.  I first noticed it during the Tennessee game and we all remember how they tee’d off with 8 sacks.  Did it have any advantage that they knew?  If any game tape sleuths are out there please help Joey B.

I do have to say that it is interesting that you noticed this tell during the Tennessee game, but that also happened to arguably be Prince's best game as a pro. He allowed no sacks, no pressures and no hits on 48 dropbacks. I am not even saying you're wrong - I just genuinely find it interesting. 
Reply/Quote
I think Prince is the better option between the two and have been saying it all week. He seemed to be getting better as the year went on last season. A lot of what people remember is from an offensive line that had a bunch of backup caliber players. He’ll be playing next to a real OG this time around and has more experience now. I’m not saying he’ll be a star, but I think he can get the job done well enough that we will be just fine. And Burrow can anticipate some pressure from that spot, unlike last year when he knew pressure was coming from 4-5 places on the line every play.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 06:39 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: IDK what the mystery is about. I mean, do you think the Bills are do anything different if suddenly Prince starts instead of Adeniji (or Smith, or Carman)? 

Maybe not on the coaching level but the pass rusher is going to be looking at film for whomever they think they are starting against. 

That said, I wonder if this is more about taking pressure off of Adeniji. He is suddenly getting a lot of scrutiny and people are talking about him in a way that could undermine what confidence he has. 

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 07:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I do have to say that it is interesting that you noticed this tell during the Tennessee game, but that also happened to arguably be Prince's best game as a pro. He allowed no sacks, no pressures and no hits on 48 dropbacks. I am not even saying you're wrong - I just genuinely find it interesting. 

Definitely good for him. It may have been a fluke he lined up like that, I wish I had more evidence than a couple replays on TV. I’d just never seen anyone’s foot lined up the way he did, that’s why it stood out. interesting that he had the good game, but the others stunk it up. Hopefully it’s nothing!
Reply/Quote
Jeez, let's hope this is a little cloak and dagger act from the team. I'd personally MUCH rather see Adeniji out there than olé Zay.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Video 
https://youtu.be/zVIk3xfyPTA

Pause at 0.010:45 it’s a great example of what I’m talking about. This is clearly 3rd and long and an obvious passing situation, but I did notice a little difference during run plays. probably a nothing burger, but worth a shot. I did skip thru most of the first half and he does mix it up a little but to me there may be a tip off. What ya think?
Reply/Quote
Why is he being secretive? Does he think Buffalo will have to practice for both eventualities? I always remember Prince being pretty bad at pass pro at OSU and don’t recall him being any better last year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Our surprise RT....KEVIN HUBER!!!!
Reply/Quote