Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changeup at RT?
(12-31-2022, 05:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: this is depressing to read and wrong..lol

Ok so pff, my eyes, and Joe goodberry are wrong

Got it
Reply/Quote
Prince started 8 games at RT last season( 4 reg season, 4 postseason) and had a 79.5% pass block win rate in those games.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Last year the entire oline was dumpster fire territory and they were all dominoes. Soon as one fell they all fell and ended up having to try to cover the guy next to him which made everyone look bad on nearly every 3rd snap. They still managed to get to the super bowl and almost won the game despite everything.. It's tough to pin all the problems on Adeniji or Prince. Kind of like watching a circular firing squad and trying to figure out who fired the fatal shot from memory a year after the fact..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 05:22 AM)grampahol Wrote: Last year the entire oline was dumpster fire territory and they were all dominoes. Soon as one fell they all fell and ended up having to try to cover the guy next to him which made everyone look bad on nearly every 3rd snap. They still managed to get to the super bowl and almost won the game despite everything.. It's tough to pin all the problems on Adeniji or Prince. Kind of like watching a circular firing squad and trying to figure out who fired the fatal shot from memory a year after the fact..

Spain was the one who got beat on 4th and 1, not Adeniji or Prince. It is Donald, sure, but still. 
Reply/Quote
To be fair last years line was awful yet still managed to make it to the big dance. With the line improving this year, maybe Zay will play better with the supporting cast. I would imagine he’s on a short leash, but I hope he balls out. Damn I can’t wait for this game.
Reply/Quote
Also it’s not like LC has been playing at a pro bowl level. Hate to say this but, of all the starting linemen he may be the least impactful. Really hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the butt.
Reply/Quote
im getting real worried that burrow is gonna end getting mike white treated. losing collins an a rookie in volson scares me against a really good biils defense. i dont see this going well but sure do hope im wrong.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 10:16 PM)Leon Wrote: im getting real worried that burrow is gonna end getting mike white treated. losing collins an a rookie in volson scares me against a really good biils defense. i dont see this going well but sure do hope im wrong.

If it wasn't for negativity, you wouldn't have any tivity. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 02:43 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Prince started 8 games at RT last season( 4 reg season, 4 postseason) and had a 79.5% pass block win rate in those games.

If the coaching staff feels confident enough in Prince to put him out there as our best option, then I trust their judgement.  They make a hell of a lot more money working in football than I do.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 01:59 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Spain was the one who got beat on 4th and 1, not Adeniji or Prince. It is Donald, sure, but still. 

I never claimed my memory was worth the paper it's printed on now did I?  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 06:45 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Ok so pff, my eyes, and Joe goodberry are wrong

Got it

Man Frank, you have been hating on La'el's play all season and now you are acting like he was some great pass protector or somethin'.

(01-02-2023, 03:06 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If it wasn't for negativity, you wouldn't have any tivity. 

That is good. Smirk

(01-02-2023, 09:28 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the coaching staff feels confident enough in Prince to put him out there as our best option, then I trust their judgement.  They make a hell of a lot more money working in football than I do.

Same here, I still think it is just smoke. I think Adeniji starts at RT and plays decent. He is more athletic than La'el by far.

And he isn't injured and playing Guard where he is out of position. We will see, but yeah, I trust the coaches.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man Frank, you have been hating on La'el's play all season and now you are acting like he was some great pass protector or somethin'.

his pass protection was bad but he was playing great against new england. Plus his run blocking was always solid

Im just saying, and so are experts, that Adeniji was putrid in relief of Collins against new england from a pass pro perspective
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 03:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: his pass protection was bad but he was playing great against new england. Plus his run blocking was always solid

Im just saying, and so are experts, that Adeniji was putrid in relief of Collins against new england from a pass pro perspective

In the 2nd half Adeniji did struggle a bit, but he was also going against 2 of the best pass rushers in the NFL in Judon and Uche.

We will see how he plays tonight if he starts over Prince which is my expectation and I think he will be decent.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 10:16 PM)Leon Wrote: im getting real worried that burrow is gonna end getting mike white treated. losing collins an a rookie in volson scares me against a really good biils defense. i dont see this going well but sure do hope im wrong.

If you switch around the letters in the name LEON, you get the word NOEL, which comes from the French word "bonnes nuvelles," meaning "good news." Leon takes a big crap all over word derivations.

Can you imagine going to a Christmas party that you've been looking forward to all year long,  and then while you are about to take down some hors d'oeuvres and talk to some cute chicks, you look up and Leon walks through the door ?   Party has been pooped on.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 03:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man Frank, you have been hating on La'el's play all season and now you are acting like he was some great pass protector or somethin'.

That is good. Smirk

Same here, I still think it is just smoke. I think Adeniji starts at RT and plays decent. He is more athletic than La'el by far.

And he isn't injured and playing Guard where he is out of position. We will see, but yeah, I trust the coaches.

Here's why I think that perhaps there may be something to the idea of Prince starting at RT.  

1. Prince is a RT only.
2. Adeniji is the Swing Tackle, meaning he backs up both LT and RT.  Should something happen to Williams, while Adeniji is playing at RT, you're then faced with replacing two key OL positions simultaneously. (not an ideal situation)
3. We really have not seen much of D'Ante Smith on the field, so I'm guessing that he's simply not ready yet.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 04:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's why I think that perhaps there may be something to the idea of Prince starting at RT.  

1. Prince is a RT only.
2. Adeniji is the Swing Tackle, meaning he backs up both LT and RT.  Should something happen to Williams, while Adeniji is playing at RT, you're then faced with replacing two key OL positions simultaneously. (not an ideal situation)
3. We really have not seen much of D'Ante Smith on the field, so I'm guessing that he's simply not ready yet.

Good points that I cannot argue with Sunset. Whoever starts I just hope they play well, and we stick to the Gap scheme.

The one thing people forget is La'el was hurt pretty much the entire season, so just having fresh players at RT could be an 
upgrade especially in mobility. La'el has never been a great pass protector and these guys are young. Really like D'Ante Smith's
upside but every time he has been on the field this year, he has been a walking penalty, so I understand why he hasn't seen 
much of the field.
Reply/Quote
no Prince elevation so Adeniji is the man for tonight's game with D'Ante Smith as the back up for both tackle positions

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 06:31 PM)pally Wrote: no Prince elevation so Adeniji is the man for tonight's game with D'Ante Smith as the back up for both tackle positions

(16) Bengals Aim for history, 2nd straight AFC North with win over Bills. Mike Petraglia FULL preview - YouTube
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 06:31 PM)pally Wrote: no Prince elevation so Adeniji is the man for tonight's game with D'Ante Smith as the back up for both tackle positions

Looks like all the Prince talk was a smokescreen. 

Aalan George was signed to the 53 in Collins' spot. He has been good in limited snaps. We had been playing with 5 CB's since Chido got hurt.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-roster-moves-george-allen-signed-jake-browning-elevated-week-17
Reply/Quote