Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing My Mind About Taylor
(09-29-2020, 09:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am real hesitant to touch anyone who comes from the shadow of Sean Payton and Drew Brees (doubly so since he's been at that job for 12 years). 

Can't help but feel like that's going to result in a weird combo of Ken Zampese (a guy who was at a lower job with nobody hiring him for a LONG time) and Josh McDaniels (guy who thrived in the shadow of Bill Belichick and Tom Brady). Neither of those two worked out well at their new positions.

It's funny because the Brees and Payton both go out on a limb for the guy saying he was a big part of developing their offense and is a huge part of tweaking it every week for different opponents.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He’s way behind the ball at this point. Last year was a freebie, and this year he’s showing that he’s not ready to be a head coach. Roster decisions, horrible. Play calling, trash. Game management, horrible.

If he can’t turn this thing around and get us winning, then please give me Bienemy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'd be curious as to what Callahan's role is on this team. He's our OC but he doesn't call plays. I bet he probably didn't design the playbook nor the scheme. I'm sure he had input but I doubt he's really done much as OC.

How many OCs find out from the press that one of their players has been cut?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 09:47 AM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: How many OCs find out from the press that one of their players has been cut?

Exactly, what’s his role here then? He’s not even abreast on what’s happening with his players then what is he doing exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 02:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He deserves to only get until the Bye, but the Bengals will give him until (at least) the end of the season.

I'd be perfectly ok with the Bengals handing interim HC duties over to Simmons, allow Callahan the ability to try to call plays, and bring in Phillips to replace Anarumo all at the bye week.
Id be really good with this!

Id be better if they brought Hue Jackson back as OC...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:18 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I have been saying for the last few weeks that we need to give Taylor this season before we write him off as a failure. After yesterday's game, I'm having a hard time keeping to that deadline.

The optimist in me says to just give him more time; we've lost so many games by 1 score or less and once he turns it around we'll start winning those games.

The fan who sat through all the Bengals teams from the 90s says to jettison him now and try to salvage this season with someone else (Darrin Simmons? Wade Phillips?) and then try again with the a whole new coaching staff in the offseason (assuming interim HC does not do well enough).

And honestly the pessimist in me is starting to win my internal debates.

Any other frequent Zac defenders feel the same?

Me. After some comments and no line changes.
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
If Taylor doesn't start winning. Imagine Jay Gruden coaching Burrow. He like his brother are very good with QB's
Reply/Quote
Mo Egger and Tony Pike were discussing this the other day and I thought it hit the nail on the head. This team has no identity. We are 19 games into this regime and I have no earthly clue what a "Zac Taylor offense" looks like. Meanwhile they continue to lose game after game, and all Taylor can say is that the wins are coming. When?

Put up or shut up time, Zac.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 12:55 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Mo Egger and Tony Pike were discussing this the other day and I thought it hit the nail on the head.  This team has no identity.  We are 19 games into this regime and I have no earthly clue what a "Zac Taylor offense" looks like.  Meanwhile they continue to lose game after game, and all Taylor can say is that the wins are coming.  When?  

Put up or shut up time, Zac.

We're close. We have positives to build on. We're going to start winning the coin toss and when we figure out how to do that, winning games will follow.... Whatever

ZT looks more in over his head this year than he did last. I'm off the bandwagon and ready to replace Doogie.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 12:48 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: If Taylor doesn't start winning. Imagine Jay Gruden coaching Burrow. He like his brother are very good with QB's

If the Jags offense walks all over us I could actually see that happening next year. 
Reply/Quote
Screw it. Fire Taylor, Turner, Calahan, and Anarumo. Hire Joe Brady as HC/OC and Wade Phillips as DC.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Coaching contracts should not apply to coaches, and/ don't have any guarantee money in it and/or must have stipulations that forfeits the contract if they are below .500 at the time of firing for more than 5 weeks continuously going back to previous season.
Reply/Quote