Beats me
23.21%
13 23.21%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chargers Game Prediction Thread
(11-30-2021, 12:01 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Enough basking in the glow of the Stealer win!  There's a game Sunday against the team just two spots behind us in the playoff seeding, and there are many teams waiting in the wings to take either our or their spot.  With so much on the line, how do you see this game shaking out?  A third win in a row or a post-Pissburgh let-down?  

This will prove to be much tougher game than the last two.  I still believe we win, but man, it's gonna be a nail-biter. I'll say the self-anointed 'Money Mac' wins it at the gun.

The 'they have never left their city of origin' Bengals 27
The Los Angeles/San Diego/Los Angeles yet again Chargers  24

What say you?

Here are the Facts. Over the last 4 weeks, The Chargers have THE WORST Defense in The NFL.   The Bengals Defense is playing far better.  The game is in Cincinnati THE JUNGLE.  Don't expect as many Chargers Fans as local Steelers or Browns Fans in THE JUNGLE.  Very few Chargers Fans in stands.  So The Bengals Fans should be The 12th Man on Defense.   So I give Bengals a HUGE edge on Defense.   Now The Jets are still bad and were bad on Defense and they beat Bengals, but that was in Jets Stadium and Bengals were playing their 3rd straight road game.  

Now on Offense, both teams have great young QBs.  So there is no edge on Offense, except The Bengals at home should move the ball better on the awful Chargers Defense, and the Chargers should have more trouble moving the ball on the Bengals Defense. 

Add in that it is a warm weather team playing in a Northern cold weather city in December.  That is always a gambling factor used.  The Cold Weather home team in December always gets some extra gambling points over a visiting warm weather team. 

So the Chargers with worst Defense in NFL last 4 weeks should get beat traveling from warm LA Area to Cold Weather Cincinnati in December, as Bengals Defense is better and will have 12th Man on Defense THE JUNGLE FANS. 

So it should be a Bengals WIN with The Chargers playing as bad on Defense as they have the last 4 weeks. Look for Bengals to score a ton of points as Chargers find Bengals D in Cincy harder to score on. Maybe the most points Bengals have scored this season.

Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger

Bengal Heads for THE JUNGLE 12th Man on Defense Fans to help win this game.....GO BENGALS

I would say Bengals 50, Chargers 28, but Bengals may pull Burrow in 4th quarter if they have the game won early, which is the smart move. As you see, I don't consider this a low scoring game, not with these young QBs as good as they are, but Bengals Defense is far better than Chargers Defense, and Warm weather team in Cold weather teams stadium in December with few traveling Fans, Home Court is All Bengals.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I've watched the Chargers twice this year and both times I thought their Defense was lame. They let the Steelers almost steal that game with a late comeback. Zac and crew have been doing a pretty good job at game planning and it continues this week. Bengals win by 21 points.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 06:25 PM)Awful Llama Wrote:

(12-01-2021, 05:04 PM)kronadon Wrote: not clicking this as it gets stuck in my head every time.

I understand.  It must be a thing with SoCal-based team songs.  There is just so much awesome.

“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 06:20 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I've watched the Chargers twice this year and both times I thought their Defense was lame. They let the Steelers almost steal that game with a late comeback. Zac and crew have been doing a pretty good job at game planning and it continues this week. Bengals win by 21 points.
Right you are. Go to any Fantasy Sports site. Pull up Players to add, but click on All Players, not just free agents. Then click on Defense Only and click on Last 4 Weeks. The Patriots are 1st. The Chargers are the Worst. So the worst Defense in NFL lately is coming into Bengals JUNGLE. Have no mercy, pile on the points against them, unless at some point the wise move is to take Burrow out in 4th quarter with a big lead.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'll be screaming my ass off Sunday. First game this year!

Bengals 52
Chargers 24
Reply/Quote
I believe we can run the ball on this defense.Bengals will eat up the clock,keeping Herbert on the bench.
Bengals 38-24.
Reply/Quote
Why has this gone near bottom of page 2 ? I bump it back on Friday, because it's time to talk about the next game not all this other horse rubbish nonsense.

I still say Bengals 50, Chargers 28. That this will not be a defensive game, but Bengals defense at home will win. Chargers go on the road with the worst defense in NFL the last 4 weeks. 2 good young QBs, but on defense it is Bengals All The Way. Plus a warm weather team playing in the North in December, always in favor of the cold weather North team.

YOUR THOUGHTS ???

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 06:37 PM)kevin Wrote: Why has this gone near bottom of page 2 ?  I bump it back on Friday, because it's time to talk about the next game not all this other horse rubbish nonsense.

I still say Bengals 50, Chargers 28.    That this will not be a defensive game, but Bengals defense at home will win.  Chargers go on the road with the worst defense in NFL the last 4 weeks.  2 good young QBs, but on defense it is Bengals All The Way.  Plus a warm weather team playing in the North in December, always in favor of the cold weather North team.

YOUR THOUGHTS  ???

Tiger

By a 10-1 margin we believe we'll win.  It's been pretty one-sided.  

And, props for "horse rubbish"  ThumbsUp 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 12:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: If they don't, Mixon will feast again. Aren't they pretty bad against the run?

So teams that have a weakness and know that have a weakness won't try to improve on it? They will stack 9 in the box with both safeties playing deep Cover-2 at least 30 yards back.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Bengals win. 34-24
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 05:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If the Bengals, Bills and Steelers all win...the Bengals will move into the #1 spot.

the Bills are my lock of the week to win, but still can't pull for the steelers even if it helps the Bengals out lol. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2021, 11:34 PM)Go Cards Wrote: the Bills are my lock of the week to win, but still can't pull for the steelers even if it helps the Bengals out lol. 

Any team that loses to the Jaquars and scores just 6 and has not won back to back games for 7 weeks is no lock to me..
Reply/Quote
I don't do predictions, but I think we will see the home crowd wreak havoc for the Charger's offense and ignite our defense and offense.

I think back to to games I was at like Denver (Manning) against the Bengals on a Monday night. It was electric in the stadium, I see it being electric again. I see a true ome field advantage Sunday.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 06:42 PM)Takedown Wrote: I'll be screaming my ass off Sunday. First game this year!

Bengals 52
Chargers 24

You and others will help our team, so scream away when the Chargers have the ball and be eerie quiet when Burrow is on the field.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 06:42 PM)Takedown Wrote: I'll be screaming my ass off Sunday. First game this year!

Bengals 52
Chargers 24

I hope you'll have some help making it home. You might want to take along a large enough plastic bag to put that screamed off ass in so a doc can sew it back on.. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2021, 06:28 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I understand.  It must be a thing with SoCal-based team songs.  There is just so much awesome.

Whoa.

This went on much longer than I expected. It bangs. Then keeps banging.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 11:50 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Whoa.

This went on much longer than I expected. It bangs. Then keeps banging.

Yeah, when you have lyrics like this...

I learned long ago if you Ram it just right,
You can Ram it all day and Ram it all night.

...and cheerleaders with '80s hair:

[Image: InsecureHandmadeArcticwolf-small.gif]
Reply/Quote
I answered "Beats Me"

We have injuries on the offensive line. If they hold up, we'll win. If Bosa has his way, our outlook is not so good. Another thing to our advantage is Asante Samuel is out, so if we can get Burrow time we should be able to get at least one of our 3 receivers downfield.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have not fared well vs young QBs year. The Bengals lost to Mike White To the tune of 400 yds.
Baker Mayfield beat the Bengals.Justin.Fields won.

Justin Herbert is going to be a tall task. This isnt a gimp
Arm Big Ben facing the this defense.
Derwin James and Joey.Bosa can make plays.

This game will be closer than many believe.
I think Joe Burrow makes a few more downfield plays

Bengals 31 Chargers 24
Reply/Quote
Chargers rank as one of the worst in run defense. Mixon needs another big day in order to keep the ball out of Herbert's hands.
Reply/Quote