Beats me
23.21%
13 23.21%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chargers Game Prediction Thread
I think the Bengals will run all over the Chargers. This will keep the Bengals defense off the field and well rested and do the opposite for the Chargers.

Chargers - 17
Bengals - 31
Reply/Quote
Chargers 35
Bengals 28

We overreact that Herbert is better than Burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
In 2021 the Bengals have overachieved when playing good opponents and underachieved when playing bad opponents with the exception of the Detroit Lions.

The Bengals have blown out Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Las Vegas who are all good teams. The Chargers fall into this category and will therefore they will be beaten to a pulp by the Bengals. It won’t even be close.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 05:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: In 2021 the Bengals have overachieved when playing good opponents and underachieved when playing bad opponents with the exception of the Detroit Lions.  

The Bengals have blown out Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Las Vegas who are all good teams.  The Chargers fall into this category and will therefore they will be beaten to a pulp by the Bengals.  It won’t even be close.

So....what you're saying is....considering we only play good teams the rest of the year, Super Bowl Bound?
Reply/Quote
I think if the Chargers offense puts points on it could lead to pressure on our offense and we tend to struggle for yards and consistency on those occasions. It rarely goes to plan for us when a good run offense comes up against a bad run defense, and I wouldn't expect it to be easy in the run game. Same with their supposedly weak secondary. Only have to look at the Jets game for that.

I'd expect the Bengals to win, but I'm not confident. But looks like an exciting game and how good is it to be in a game with playoff implications? So no matter the result, I'm not taking that for granted after the last few years (and decades before 2010).
Reply/Quote
Generally the team that runs the ball more effectively wins the game. The Bengals should be that team -- on paper.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
The latest forecast says it's just gonna be cloudy and in the 50s, which is close to ideal football weather, isn't it? Unless it's too windy. Anyway, we find out in five 1/2 hours.
Reply/Quote
Should be a good one.

ALL of the remaining games will be.
Reply/Quote
I feel a win finally.. Chargers have had our number on so many occasions since the freezer bowl. Last one was Joe's first NFL game..
Bengals dispatch them, LA kicks em out and San Diego says the hell with em and they become the team without a city.. ThumbsUp Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Tiger
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 09:31 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: The latest forecast says it's just gonna be cloudy and in the 50s, which is close to ideal football weather, isn't it? Unless it's too windy. Anyway, we find out in five 1/2 hours.

Wind gusts up to 20 mph according to the NWS.  Hope Herbert doesn't let one or two get away from him  Smirk  Or, we have to kick a 50+yarder.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 10:39 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Wind gusts up to 20 mph according to the NWS.  Hope Herbert doesn't let one or two get away from him  Smirk   Or, we have to kick a 50+yarder.  

I like our chances with a 50 yarder over their chances of a 50 yarder.. McC has some experience with the wind at PBS..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 10:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: I like our chances with a 50 yarder over their chances of a 50 yarder.. McC has some experience with the wind at PBS..

True, he can hit a flag with the best of them.  Nah, he does have the experience and hopefully he adjusts accordingly. 
Reply/Quote
I bought tickets to this game for my wife for her birthday. So far the Bengals are 6-0 when my wife goes with me so rest easy my Bengal friends I think a W is coming our way today ?
Reply/Quote
In a dream last night, I wasn't able to watch the game, so I recorded it. My wife didn't realize it, and told me the Bengals won 38-34 on a late TD. I'm going with that.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 02:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Chargers 35
Bengals 28

Wrong score by me, but correct sentiment. Let the Sunday evening and Monday threads commence!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 02:40 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Chargers 35
Bengals 28

Congratulations on being the only person to actually list a score with the Chargers winning.

My wife says I might be an enabler by awarding sugary food, so this week you get this Tony award I found in an alley.  Congrats!

[Image: Tony-Award.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2021, 01:20 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Any team that loses to the Jaquars and scores just 6 and has not won back to back games for 7 weeks is no lock to me..

I know right and the Patriots have won 7 out their last 8 games as well. 

Dislike both teams even but sticking with my prediction, bet the Bills. 

Yet understand peoples reluctancy to believe in this pick. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote