Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Charlie Jones
(09-28-2023, 10:32 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: A 40yd net on punts is absolutely atrocious.

His net is only 38.9 so far. From last year's stats that would make him 4th worst, just ahead of Kevin Huber. So they drafted a replacement with the same net.
Reply/Quote
Mark my words: this isn't the last you will hear from Chuck Sizzle this year.

He's got at least another touchdown in him, folks. You can bank on it! How many weeks?, is the question.
Reply/Quote
Soon as we get a reliable guy who can get yards out of nothing he gets hurt

Life in the NFL SMH
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Is it too much to ask, with Charlie Jones back on PR and WR, that the red-hot Bengals, really start to sizzle?

I mean, that's what we really want.  We, the fans, we really want it - to sizzle.  It's best when it's either sizzling, or has been sizzled, is what I can confidently report. as a hardcore fan.

Bengals just got to get Chuck some touches is all I'm saying.  Chuck up a flea flicker... 

That would make it sizzle loud and proud.  So make it happen, Taylor, ya figgin bum!
Reply/Quote
This Tanner Hudson roster addition means I'll have to wait at least a week to get my Charlie Jones fix.  Disappointing, but there's always college highlights.  It's always sizzling on Youtube.

I see the Bengals logic here.  TE was the priority.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 05:22 PM)Doin the Shuffle Wrote: This Tanner Hudson roster addition means I'll have to wait at least a week to get my Charlie Jones fix.  Disappointing, but there's always college highlights.  It's always sizzling on Youtube.

I guess Chuck is a week away with the thumb, so not too long to wait for your Chuck Sizzle fix lol

As good as TI has been, Chuck can be electric as we saw on the Ravens Punt Return TD.
Reply/Quote
I'm curious as to who's going to get waived when we activate Jones.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 05:22 PM)Doin the Shuffle Wrote: This Tanner Hudson roster addition means I'll have to wait at least a week to get my Charlie Jones fix.  Disappointing, but there's always college highlights.  It's always sizzling on Youtube.

I agree w you.
Was so disappointed w that injury and timing. I loved him @ PR, but was really hoping to see him get some snaps and progress in the offense as well. I was a pretty big fan of his value in this year’s draft even before we selected him.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 01:01 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm curious as to who's going to get waived when we activate Jones.

I'd like to throw Irv Smith Jrs name into that pot....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 09:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd like to throw Irv Smith Jrs name into that pot....

Definitely not happening.

Devin Harper is my guess.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 01:01 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm curious as to who's going to get waived when we activate Jones.

Part of me feels (hopes?) they are promoting Hudson to give some more competition and pressure on the TE group.
Whoever performs worst out of Hudson, Smith, Wilcox, and Sample gets the boot when Jones returns.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

If I had to guess, I would say Devin Harper considering they signed Clay Johnston to the PS.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 09:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Part of me feels (hopes?) they are promoting Hudson to give some more competition and pressure on the TE group.
Whoever performs worst out of Hudson, Smith, Wilcox, and Sample gets the boot when Jones returns.

I’d bet that Irv Smith is going to get some chances to keep his spot as the starter. It’s coming to a head.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 09:40 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Definitely not happening.

I wouldn't be shocked if it is Irv. 

He doesn't provide any value on special teams and if Tanner Hudson is going to be the "pass catching" tight end on this team (he was just called up), then what is Irv's roll on this team exactly? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 10:28 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I wouldn't be shocked if it is Irv. 

He doesn't provide any value on special teams and if Tanner Hudson is going to be the "pass catching" tight end on this team (he was just called up), then what is Irv's roll on this team exactly? 

I wouldn't be either, but I don't think it'll be him.

Wilcox is gone before him, IMO.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 09:55 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’d bet that Irv Smith is going to get some chances to keep his spot as the starter. It’s coming to a head.

Oh I'm sure he'll get chances, I just don't think he'll do very well.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

I don't think so either, he would just be my pick. I just don't see where he adds any value. Both Hudson and Wilcox have shown me more. I am severely disappointed in Irv. That said, I think Burrow has had enough of him too. Notice in the Oz the mentalist clip, he threw the ball to Tanner and not to Irv. And in his interview where they asked him about Hudson being elevated, Burrow mentioned he was a reliable pass catcher. Then he mentioned they have to "do a better job of taking care of the football." None of that looks good for Irv
Reply/Quote

Doubtful on Harper the Bengals have currently only 2 LBers on the roster next season if they release him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 09:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd like to throw Irv Smith Jrs name into that pot....

Just throw him anywhere, but on the field. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 11:19 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Oh I'm sure he'll get chances, I just don't think he'll do very well.

No idea.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote