Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Charlie Jones
(11-02-2023, 02:14 PM)J24 Wrote: Doubtful on Harper the Bengals have currently only 2 LBers on the roster next season if they release him.

He's only signed for the rest of the year
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Anybody got any thoughts on Charlie Jones?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 03:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's only signed for the rest of the year

https://overthecap.com/player/devin-harper/10238
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/devin-harper-77070/#:~:text=Devin%20Harper%20signed%20a%204,a%20cap%20hit%20of%20%24870%2C000.

Both over the cap and spotrac say differently!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 04:36 PM)J24 Wrote: https://overthecap.com/player/devin-harper/10238
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/devin-harper-77070/#:~:text=Devin%20Harper%20signed%20a%204,a%20cap%20hit%20of%20%24870%2C000.

Both over the cap and spotrac say differently!

Oh... I guess since he was a waiver claim, we assume his rookie deal? That how it works?

Never knew that. Still think he'll be cut Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 04:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Oh... I guess since he was a waiver claim, we assume his rookie deal? That how it works?

Never knew that. Still think he'll be cut Wink

If Harper would've cleared waivers, then his rookie deal would've been voided and he'd be eligible for a different deal. Claiming a player off waivers means you take on whatever their current contract is.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 03:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody got any thoughts on Charlie Jones?

Who?
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1722264051332612169
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 09:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Part of me feels (hopes?) they are promoting Hudson to give some more competition and pressure on the TE group.
Whoever performs worst out of Hudson, Smith, Wilcox, and Sample gets the boot when Jones returns.

We have an open roster spot at the moment. 

From our initial 53, Jones, C. Brown, and Anderson are on IR. LB Devin Harper and Hudson have been added. 

When Brown is back from his hammy, then we will have to cut someone. 

It will probably be someone who is inactive on gamedays. Last week's were Harper (LB), Tupou (injured), D. Smith, Ivey, and T. Hill. Tufele is sometimes inactive when Tupou is healthy. Sometimes the 4th RB is inactive (Evans), but not with Brown out. Tufele, T. Hill, Ivey, D. Smith, and Evans are all under contract through next year. Tupou & Harper are not. Harper & Tufele are the only guys who don't have any Dead Cap costs, but the others are not much. 

All 4 TEs played at least 10 offensive snaps last week. And Wilcox played the most ST snaps on the team. I doubt any of those guys get released. Sample & Wilcox ate the blockers & Smith & Hudson the receivers. Need cover at both. 

Harper is the clear #52 unless we cut some deadwood off the OL. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 05:23 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We have an open roster spot at the moment. 

From our initial 53, Jones, C. Brown, and Anderson are on IR. LB Devin Harper and Hudson have been added. 

When Brown is back from his hammy, then we will have to cut someone. 

It will probably be someone who is inactive on gamedays. Last week's were Harper (LB), Tupou (injured), D. Smith, Ivey, and T. Hill. Tufele is sometimes inactive when Tupou is healthy. Sometimes the 4th RB is inactive (Evans), but not with Brown out. Tufele, T. Hill, Ivey, D. Smith, and Evans are all under contract through next year. Tupou & Harper are not. Harper & Tufele are the only guys who don't have any Dead Cap costs, but the others are not much. 

All 4 TEs played at least 10 offensive snaps last week. And Wilcox played the most ST snaps on the team. I doubt any of those guys get released. Sample & Wilcox ate the blockers & Smith & Hudson the receivers. Need cover at both. 

Harper is the clear #52 unless we cut some deadwood off the OL. 

I see no reason at all why Wilcox isn’t the guy you cut

Or Harper
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2023, 06:15 PM)Housh Wrote: I see no reason at all why Wilcox isn’t the guy you cut

Or Harper

1) Because you need a blocking TE in case Sample gets dinged. 
2) Because Wilcox plays a ton of ST snaps.  

Harper isn't even active. Wilcox plays. 

It is not super complex. 
Reply/Quote
Man, could have used Chuck last game.

Guess I'll look stupid if he falls flat, but I've got Jones down for 100 yds, 2 TDs tomorrow.

SSSHSSSHSSSHSSSH

for shizzle my sizzle
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 09:40 PM)Doin the Shuffle Wrote: Man, could have used Chuck last game.

Guess I'll look stupid if he falls flat, but I've got Jones down for 100 yds, 2 TDs tomorrow.

SSSHSSSHSSSHSSSH

for shizzle my sizzle

Dude has 1 catch for 6 yards in the NFL. That’s a quite a bold prediction.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 10:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dude has 1 catch for 6 yards in the NFL. That’s a quite a bold prediction.

Definitely going to need those return yards.  Difference maker.

Bold: yes

Sizzling: no doubt
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 10:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dude has 1 catch for 6 yards in the NFL. That’s a quite a bold prediction.

To be fair, he already has half as many TD's as Auden Tate has in his entire career.  
Reply/Quote

They need to start getting Jones some offensive reps if they plan on having him take over for Boyd next year.
Jones might be impressing as a PR but I thought there was a plan for him to be an eventual starter in the slot.
Not exactly getting any excitement in the latter department up to this point.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Has anyone seen if he's been activated to the active roster yet?
Reply/Quote
Chuck sizzle is back.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 10:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: They need to start getting Jones some offensive reps if they plan on having him take over for Boyd next year.
Jones might be impressing as a PR but I thought there was a plan for him to be an eventual starter in the slot.
Not exactly getting any excitement in the latter department up to this point.

Why Dax did not need any safety snaps last year... Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
Watching us punt 5 strait times last week and hearing Burrow say he did not play aggressive till late in the game last week just takes the wind out of the sails as a fan for me anyway.

If you are not going to play your best every snap and just be conservative and hope the other team does not destroy your defense is just weak.

I know he threw a few picks after he got aggressive but that is on him and Zac for being too conservative to start with. You got a good QB and good WR why not test them with expecting a high level of play consistently and not relying on the defense to win games for you.

I really do not expect much from this team this year maybe next year after they are humbled hopefully.
Reply/Quote
I should get a refund.

Chuck had 1 snap on offense, no targets.

That was a nice 20 yard punt return through traffic. Couple of other nice decisions on PR.

Coach Taylor needs to wise up.
Reply/Quote