Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase 1000 yds, 10 TD's
With yesterday's numbers, Chase becomes the fifth player in the Super Bowl era to have 1,000+ yards and 10+ touchdowns. He joins Odell Beckham Jr. (New York Giants), Mike Evans (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), Randy Moss (Minnesota Vikings), and John Jefferson (San Diego Chargers) on the list. Over 1000 yds, with 4 games to go. Higgins is at 812 and should break 1000 as well if he remains healthy.
Reply/Quote
Wait wait wait - how can he rack up that kind of production when according to some around here he drops everything?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:28 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Wait wait wait - how can he rack up that kind of production when according to some around here he Drips everything?

Well he can clean that up with some penicillan.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well he can clean that up with some penicillan.

I swear to God I hate this phone. It's new and hasn't learned all my linguistic ticks yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:28 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Wait wait wait - how can he rack up that kind of production when according to some around here he drops everything?

He does drop a lot.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He does drop a lot.

Is 7 a lot? I feel like 7 isn't a lot. I mean, it is tied for 1st in the NFL, but I feel like that's still not a lot.

I think it's when he drops that makes it seem worse than it is.
Reply/Quote
He does have a lot of drops, but dude is a playmaker. Can’t deny that.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:40 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Is 7 a lot? I feel like 7 isn't a lot. I mean, it is tied for 1st in the NFL, but I feel like that's still not a lot.

He’s a big play machine, so you can live with it a little more. Still needs cleaned up though.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:40 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Is 7 a lot? I feel like 7 isn't a lot. I mean, it is tied for 1st in the NFL, but I feel like that's still not a lot.

It also seems like his drops have come more frequently over the last few games, so it appears like it’s more.

Hopefully he can clean it up, because it’s an issue. Not the biggest issue on the team, but it’s certainly a problem.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:28 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Wait wait wait - how can he rack up that kind of production when according to some around here he drops everything?

Imagine his production if he didn't drop everything.
Reply/Quote
Hard to believe he was the 2nd best NFL ready WR on his college team
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Awesome achievement by Chase and I'm happy he's a Bengal!
Reply/Quote
So what's the next record? What's the update on the Bengals rookie wideout record?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:46 PM)motoarch Wrote: Imagine his production if he didn't drop everything.

7 on 98 targets is a bit much, but hardly constitutes everything. He's still catching 61% of his targets.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well he can clean that up with some penicillan.

This is just a quality post right here. LOL

Reply/Quote
It would be nice to see Chase catch every target from here on out,and really pick up his game,as this team is still very much in line for a playoff fun.We need those big explosive plays,as we’ll be facing some major competition.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 11:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: So what's the next record? What's the update on the Bengals rookie wideout record?

He needs 23 yards to break AJ’s record, and 8 receptions to break Collinsworth’s.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hard to believe he was the 2nd best NFL ready WR on his college team

Everyone mentions Joe Brady with Burrow and while he was the Passing Game Coordinator at LSU he was also the Wide Receiver Coach. He turned that room of receivers into a NFL ready group two went first round, one second round, and even a 4th/backup went 6th round.

If the Bengals arent happy with Troy Walters I wouldnt mind Joe Brady as the Wide Receiver coach....Or Brian Hartline from Ohio State lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

It’s a ratio issue. He has nine drops, not seven. With 98 targets, that is roughly a 9% drop rate. Out of those nine drops, three of them are touchdowns (that I can remember). If the sample size of an NFL season was bigger, it would be less of an issue but a single missed play can have a huge impact. I’m also skeptical of the numbers that PFR is putting out - I think he has more. They have him down for nine drops this season, but zero against San Francisco. I have him with two drops against San Francisco, the dropped third down pass early and the dropped touchdown. Even if you want to call the TD an iffy call, he cleanly dropped one early.

Now, he isn’t quite as bad as many think - he has the 4th worst drop rate among WRs in the NFL. He is also offsetting those drops with his production, kind of like Burrow and his INTs. Has Burrow thrown a lot of INTs this year? Yes, but he has been offsetting those TDs with high production, so it’s a net positive. The frustration stems from the missed opportunities. Chase would likely have over 1150 yards and 13 TDs if he was mor sure handed, and the Bengals would potentially have one or two more victories.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 12:05 AM)Synric Wrote: Everyone mentions Joe Brady with Burrow and while he was the Passing Game Coordinator at LSU he was also the Wide Receiver Coach. He turned that room of receivers into a NFL ready group two went first round, one second round, and even a 4th/backup went 6th round.

If the Bengals arent happy with Troy Walters I wouldnt mind Joe Brady as the Wide Receiver coach....Or Brian Hartline from Ohio State lol.

Someone asked Malik Wright about the Bengals being interested in Joe Brady. He simply replied, "No." Considering how accurate Malik has been since he started covering the Bengals. If he says the Bengals aren't interested, then I'd say it's close to a lock.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote