Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Back Injury
@pauldehnerjr
·
1m
#Bengals Ja'Marr Chase making it sound like his back injury will be something worth monitoring. Concerned tone, to be certain, from him.

"I’m just going to support my teammates, man. Let those guys do what they got to do. Only thing I can do is get healthy for the team."

Ja’Marr Chase: “"I fell on my back. As for right now, that's all I know, for real. "Pretty sore just moving around."

“All I can do is protect the team and get healthy."

Chase: “More spine. Middle of everything. More cautious on it. I’m good.”

I thought he may of got hurt on that 60 yard pass... walked off very slow. Did play the rest of the game but this is concerning...
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Too early to say of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot less of him for the Texans game. If he even winds up playing.
Reply/Quote
He'll be fine. It's gonna be stiff for a day or 2.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 05:37 PM)motoarch Wrote: He'll be fine. It's gonna be stiff for a day or 2.

You meant a week or two, right?

Back injuries are rough, but he is young and should be fine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Back injuries suck.. I have degenerative disc disease and lost my first "disc" when I was 22. Was almost bed-ridden for weeks.

I was in decent shape back then but obviously not a pro-athlete. Hopefully it's just sore and he will be fine by Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 05:37 PM)Emphasis Wrote: Too early to say of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot less of him for the Texans game. If he even winds up playing.

Well. Higgins and Boyd are healthy. Andre and Irwin have proven to be capable. Can’t forget Charlie jones being open for coming back from his injury.

Hopefully chase can play as he is obviously one our best players.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 05:50 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Well.  Higgins and Boyd are healthy.  Andre and Irwin have proven to be capable.  Can’t forget Charlie jones being open for coming back from his injury.  

Hopefully chase can play as he is obviously one our best players.

Think Chase plays regardless but maybe more in a decoy role or a 3rd option. 

Or he's just sore for a couple days and is fine... Houston is no pushover we need him.
Reply/Quote
Chris Collinsworth was on top of this the moment it happened. Immediately after the play, Collinsworth said that Chase will not want to get out of bed tomorrow, having landed on his back, and from Collinsworth's own experience on the field, that it will be painful. And that no one should call Chase tomorrow morning.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
Gonna be ok

Get X-ray’d confirm there’s no damage and get ready to tolerate some pain against Houston

If he plays i can see him going off. They don’t got the secondary to stop him
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 05:52 PM)Nepa Wrote: Chris Collinsworth was on top of this the moment it happened. Immediately after the play, Collinsworth said that Chase will not want to get out of bed tomorrow, that he landed on his back, and from Collinsworth own experience on the field, that it will be painful. And that no one should call him tomorrow morning.

I fell on my tailbone really really badly one time and it was the worst injury i ever had.
I assume Chase is feeling the same way.

I had issues doing EVERYTHING for about a week
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 05:52 PM)Nepa Wrote: Chris Collinsworth was on top of this the moment it happened. Immediately after the play, Collinsworth said that Chase will not want to get out of bed tomorrow, that he landed on his back, and from Collinsworth own experience on the field, that it will be painful. And that no one should call him tomorrow morning.

I think CC does a great job at calling a game. Some are mad that he doesn't wear his Bengal Jersey to every game he calls, but I dig him being a non-homer when he calls a game. Last night when Allen got called for the grounding, CC explained what happened and he disagreed with the rule. He respected the fact that it was a rule and rightfully called, but CC provided a player's insight. 

Many in the gameday were quite angry with CC. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 05:55 PM)Housh Wrote: I fell on my tailbone really really badly one time and it was the worst injury i ever had.
I assume Chase is feeling the same way.

I had issues doing EVERYTHING for about a week

Fortunately, Chase will have professionals treating his back (they'd already started on the sideline right afterward), unlike you and I who can only soldier through on our own.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 05:47 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: You meant a week or two, right?

Back injuries are rough, but he is young and should be fine.

No I honestly think he's sore AF today but he'll be fine in a couple days.

Unless he more serious injury I don't thinks some tightness in his back will stop him from being full speed this upcoming weekend.

Elite athletes aren't normal people and he's young.  If x-rays come back negative he's going.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 05:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think CC does a great job at calling a game. Some are mad that he doesn't wear his Bengal Jersey to every game he calls, but I dig him being a non-homer when he calls a game. Last night when Allen got called for the grounding, CC explained what happened and he disagreed with the rule. He respected the fact that it was a rule and rightfully called, but CC provided a player's insight. 

I agree. The announcers were able to get the analysis that according to the letter of the rules it was indeed grounding, which was good, and yet Collinsworth explained the play and why in spirit it was not really grounding. 

I didn't like the two announcers saying it was not really roughing the passer when Burrow was tossed on his head. I winced at the replay, thinking Burrow could have easily had a concussion or badly hurt his neck. So, I didn't get the perspective that it wasn't roughing because the player hadn't landed with his weight on Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Most people have dealt with a bad back injury at some point, and yes the whole area is usually very stiff and painful afterwards.

Compared to the average person, good thing he has the Bengals training staff and doctors to aid him.
Reply/Quote
I'm optimistic he'll be fine in a few days. I'm also optimistic Drew Sample will fill in if needed.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 05:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think CC does a great job at calling a game. Some are mad that he doesn't wear his Bengal Jersey to every game he calls, but I dig him being a non-homer when he calls a game. Last night when Allen got called for the grounding, CC explained what happened and he disagreed with the rule. He respected the fact that it was a rule and rightfully called, but CC provided a player's insight. 

My issue wasn't his explanation which was legitimate.  It was that after the person paid to know the rule explained to him why the call was made Chris got annoyed and pissy with him.

It's like dude you made your point and the official made his.  Act like a grown up and move on.  Instead he was clearly annoyed as you could hear it in his tone and argued before trying to conceded that he understood the why.  It felt disingenuous though as if he only conceded out of an obligation to try and sound professional after have already made he's true feelings known.  Too little too late.

I do tent to agree with him though after he gave his take.

That aside the officials in general did a poor job.  I think the first 2 calls against the Bills were soft.  As a Bengals fan I'll take em but if I'm honest they were soft and I'd be pissed if it were the other way around.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 05:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Some are mad that he doesn't wear his Bengal Jersey to every game he calls, but I dig him being a non-homer when he calls a game.

My problem with CC comes when he calls Bengals/Steelers games. The dude just absolutely LOVES him some Steelers and really wants everyone to hear about it. I will dislike anyone who makes me listen to them gushing over Steelers for 3 hours, and them being a former Bengal just makes it even worse.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

If homers want to hear a homer call just listen to Hoard and Lapham do the radio call. Collinsworth is calling the game for a national audience and has to be impartial. Some people are to dense to realize this.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
If Chase has to miss a game, Houston would be the one I'd pick. Get healthy for Baltimore.
Reply/Quote