Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase Brown can easily be our Isiah Pacheco
(12-05-2023, 03:31 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Pacheco is 5th in the NFL in yards. He won a Super Bowl on a team with no Wide Receivers.   He is a good back.  

Yeah, I usually agree with Weezy but that had me shaking my head lol  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I usually agree with Weezy but that had me shaking my head lol  Hilarious

Weezy has some hot takes on his player evaluations.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: Well, he was on IR for a bit. 

THAT'S NO EXCUSE!!!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I watched both in college, they have similar run styles.  Pacheco has seemed to be even more aggressive this year and I can see Chase following the same path. 

maybe but 1 carry for halve his yards last nite just does not equate to what ive seen out of Pacheco in NFL, bright spot last nite yes, the answer to our Running game TBD.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:46 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: You sure it isn't Chris Evans you're thinking of? Ninja

You have definitely emerged as my fave. lol
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:31 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Pacheco is 5th in the NFL in yards. He won a Super Bowl on a team with no Wide Receivers.   He is a good back.  

4.4 yards per attempt and a 52% success rate. He's fine, nothing special. 

To put that in context Giovani Bernard was a 4.7 yards per attempt guy. I think Chase Brown can be comparable to him.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: maybe but 1 carry for halve his yards last nite just does not equate to what ive seen out of Pacheco in NFL, bright spot last nite yes, the answer to our Running game TBD.....

Again, same type of runner, same size and speed, Chase did it vs better competition in college.  He can be our Pacheco, a young hard running RB, it is an odd thing to debate. 

Reply/Quote
From what little I saw of him last night, I would hope he gets a few more touches each game moving forward. Provided he continues to do his thing and continues to improve. Man he is fast!

I will say, what I do still like about Mixon is his effectiveness in the screen game, corralling those sometimes off target throws (sometimes ONE-HANDED at that!) and still manages to make a man miss and make a positive play. I would like to see if Brown has that in him as well!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 07:14 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: From what little I saw of him last night, I would hope he gets a few more touches each game moving forward. Provided he continues to do his thing and continues to improve. Man he is fast!

I will say, what I do still like about Mixon is his effectiveness in the screen game, corralling those sometimes off target throws (sometimes ONE-HANDED at that!) and still manages to make a man miss and make a positive play. I would like to see if Brown has that in him as well!

Yeah, Mixon is good on screens.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Zac just needs to let go of his outdated workhorse RB philosophy. It took to week 12 to get somewhat of a look at Chase Brown, and we should have saw more from him over the course of the year. We'd really know what we had in him by now going into 2024.
Mixon has been the only healthy back all season, has nothing to do with philosophy. He was even going to get more touches for Brown, then Brown hurt himself in practice. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:14 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Having Brown motivates Mixon to work hard, maybe using Browning more when Burrow is back will motivate him when Burrow's reach that point of boredom/lack of motivation, if ever.

I mean that thread of "does Burrow need to hit another level" might be true, and maybe Browning is the catalyst. You can't make 60x who is performing this well (if it continues!). Burrow would have to win the superbowl next year lol.
Reply/Quote
LOL

Brown is injured all year ''Let's ride him the rest of the way!"

I fail to see where Mixon was trying harder . . . he always tries hard but has ran behind a shit o-line for almost all of his career.

Pacheco was third wheel and got hot late last year behind three pro bowl linemen. Poor guy only has 2 pro bowlers in front of him now as Mixon is now finally running behind his first.

It's nice to have a change of pace back but this isn't Madden. We all expect him to get more snaps but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 05:13 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LOL

Brown is injured all year ''Let's ride him the rest of the way!"

I fail to see where Mixon was trying harder . . . he always tries hard but has ran behind a shit o-line for almost all of his career.

Pacheco was third wheel and got hot late last year behind three pro bowl linemen. Poor guy only has 2 pro bowlers in front of him now as Mixon is now finally running behind his first.

It's nice to have a change of pace back but this isn't Madden. We all expect him to get more snaps but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

LOL back at you.

This thread is not getting ahead of ourselves.   Like you said Pacheco came on strong at the end of the season.  That is something Brown can do, but not at the same number of carries due to Mixon.  Next season Brown could be our feature back with Mixon taking less snaps.

This has nothing to do with Madden, just common sense and hopeful projection.

Reply/Quote
Great block by Drew Sample. He even eventually works his way to the LB.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This is a great job blocking by everyone... but Volson bla lucky it wasn't a penalty.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Chase Brown making the safety miss. Don't ask me what's going through Wilcox head...

Reply/Quote
Karras gets pancaked Volson and Wilcox miss blocks. Orland Brown just destroys his guy which he did the entire game had 3 or 4 pancakes and Chase Brown is explosive.

Edit: The block from Brown and the jet motion by Ja'Marr Chase moves the LB just enough to open up the play even though Volson didn't get to the block.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 01:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Chase Brown making the safety miss. Don't ask me what's going through Wilcox head...

Sample has become a machine when blocking.  Great stuff.

In defense of Wilcox on that play, the LB made a great spin move back to the inside on Cappa.  That LB by the way is Devin LLoyd the tackling machine out of Utah in the 2022 draft.  Good player, Im sure we discussed him on the draft board.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 01:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Karras gets pancaked Volson and Wilcox miss blocks. Orland Brown just destroys his guy which he did the entire game had 3 or 4 pancakes and Chase Brown is explosive.

Edit: The block from Brown and the jet motion by Ja'Marr Chase moves the LB just enough to open up the play even though Volson didn't get to the block.

The rapid acceleration by Brown through the hole is also a key to that run.  If we can get a couple of those each game....

Reply/Quote
I really liked Chase Brown in the draft last year.
With that said, I'm trying to have some reservation given we've only seen him really in one game.
Hoping he gets consistently 5-10 touches a game from here on out to see how explosive he might be on a regular basis.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote