Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase Brown can easily be our Isiah Pacheco
(12-06-2023, 06:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Karras does not get pancaked, he fights his man to a standstill and neither goes to the ground. Cappa gets knocked on his butt, but he's blocking laterally nad has no leverage. Volson has no one to block, the player went so wide he took his own self out of the play.

Yep! Cappa and Volson both got to the second level and did their jobs. So did Karras. The whole thing was well blocked and the difference here is Brown's acceleration into the hole turned what for Mixon would be a short gain into a big play. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 06:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Karras does not get pancaked, he fights his man to a standstill and neither goes to the ground. Cappa gets knocked on his butt, but he's blocking laterally nad has no leverage. Volson has no one to block, the player went so wide he took his own self out of the play.

(12-08-2023, 12:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yep! Cappa and Volson both got to the second level and did their jobs. So did Karras. The whole thing was well blocked and the difference here is Brown's acceleration into the hole turned what for Mixon would be a short gain into a big play. 

Yes sorry meant Cappa was quickly typing this during lunch but no Volson misses the second level block with a bad angle off the 2i. Here is the back view as you can see Volson gets caught with his eyes out of place and loses the LB takes a bad angle.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 12:33 PM)Synric Wrote:

I wanna highlight the Orlando Brown pancake along with this one.

Oh and this one...

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pacheco runs so hard with the Chiefs. He is the one guy I always come away impressed with when watching them besides Chris Jones
on their Defense. I never watched Pacheco in college, I watched quite a bit of Chase Brown and can understand the comparison and 
both were not early picks. If Chase Brown runs as hard as Pacheco we will have something.

Pacheco is ANNOYING to watch! Dude runs like he's trying to stamp out infinite ant hills. 

I might feel different if he was a Bengal but gimme more carries for Chase and i'll be happy.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: THAT'S NO EXCUSE!!!

YOU CAN'T MAKE THE CLUB IN THE TUB!!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: maybe but 1 carry for halve his yards last nite just does not equate to what ive seen out of Pacheco in NFL, bright spot last nite yes, the answer to our Running game TBD.....

Are you a fan of wet blankets?

Reply/Quote
Cooper kupp is annoying to watch, he looks like hunchback out there, but also he is good, so I do not care what they look like lol
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 01:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Chase Brown making the safety miss. Don't ask me what's going through Wilcox head...

lol. That's the ole 'input overload'. You see so many guys, your brain chooses them all and you end up hitting no one. 

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 01:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Karras gets pancaked Volson and Wilcox miss blocks. Orland Brown just destroys his guy which he did the entire game had 3 or 4 pancakes and Chase Brown is explosive.

Edit: The block from Brown and the jet motion by Ja'Marr Chase moves the LB just enough to open up the play even though Volson didn't get to the block.

Looks like Volson might have been a bit confused. Kappa comes right out after #22 and Volson comes out, initially, after the same guy then peels back for #33. Brown's quickness got him through the hole before #33 could adjust back. 

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 10:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I thought the oline did great on that play.  Volson was supposed to combo the NG, and quickly saw that Ted had the guy and then went to the next level.  Volson had a ways to go chasing the LB and was enough of a barrier that defender could not get a hit on Brown.  Brown's rapid acceleration is a huge help to the linemen as they don't need to sustain blocks very long.

Yep. That makes more sense than what i just said.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 01:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. That makes more sense than what i just said.

I think you and Synric are correct, Volson went after the wrong LB initially coming off the duo.  I think he showed great effort by getting somewhat in the way of the LB he was supposed to block after the mistake. 

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 12:33 PM)Synric Wrote: Yes sorry meant Cappa was quickly typing this during lunch but no Volson misses the second level block with a bad angle off the 2i. Here is the back view as you can see Volson gets caught with his eyes out of place and loses the LB takes a bad angle.

Did he really take a bad angle though, or was he where he needed to be to block the linebacker if he had not gone so wide to take himself out of the play???
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 12:46 PM)Synric Wrote: I wanna highlight the Orlando Brown pancake along with this one.

Oh and this one...

Look at my boy Irwin in there blocking.... Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 01:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. That's the ole 'input overload'. You see so many guys, your brain chooses them all and you end up hitting no one. 

Wilcox sees #44 in the backfield so he first needs to make sure #44 doesn't tackle Brown. Once that happens Wilcox can peel off and move to the next guy which in this case he decided to help Cappa with his guy. I thought Wilcox did a good job on this play
[Image: Wilcox.jpg]

Edit: Mistook Cappa for Jonah. Cappa is outside in this picture as Cappa's guy stunts to the outside of Jonah and Cappa follows which is why you see Cappa outside of Jonah in this picture.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 02:17 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Wilcox sees #44 in the backfield so he first needs to make sure #44 doesn't tackle Brown.  Once that happens Wilcox can peel off and move to the next guy which in this case he decided to help Jonah with his guy.  I thought Wilcox did a good job on this play
[Image: Wilcox.jpg]

There is no chance in hell that the MIKE linebacker is the TEs read here. Can you imagine trying to find the MIKE from where both of those players started at the snap? 

You can argue that he skips his read and sees the MIKE but he also allows rhe edge to make a play on the ball carrier from behind instead of allowing the RB do his job and read the MIKE (which he did).

Edit: Erm that's rhe WLB not the MIKE. The WLB is playing replacement there for the edge defender who is thinking he is rhe backside until he sees the TE running at him lol.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 02:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did he really take a bad angle though, or was he where he needed to be to block the linebacker if he had not gone so wide to take himself out of the play???

An actual Oline guy could tell you better than i could...but to my many years and untrained eye, if Volson is supposed to help before hitting the 2nd level, you want his eyes going to his guy at the snap and he just needs to reach out and help Karras before moving on. Volson actually looks to have his eyes on #23 and has to re-direct to go after #33.

Great gain though so no harm no foul, though the coaches will prob point it out. 

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 01:11 PM)Synric Wrote:

(12-08-2023, 12:33 PM)Synric Wrote:

You can tell responsibilities because this is the same play run in opposite directions. You know Volson is supposed to down block the 2i but keep heads up on the OLB because Cappa steps opposite playside before climbing to the OLB like he is going to down block. Difference is alignments the 2i slants away from Volson and he loses sight of the OLB. Cappa is never going to reach the Otech but has to sell that direction then is in a dangerous situation with an OLB in space.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: it is one game and nine carries, I would need to see more of Brown especially running between tackles, Pacheco has impressed me with his hard nose running between tackles, I am happy for what Brown showed in limited time but one game and 9 carries does not put him with Pacheco .. lets see how rest of year goes to get a much better comparison

Ya, I like Brown and was happy with the pick but I wouldn't quite say Brown can be the Bengals Pacheco if that's what the OP intended. Pacheco is a very violent runner who has great speed. Special player. With that said, Bengals have to get Brown more involved if, for anything, 1.) he's good and 2.) both are very different runners and you have to give the D different looks. Very easy to key on the tendencies of just one player when they get the ball over and over and have the same tendencies.

I don't think it was coincidence they had their best rushing output of the year utilizing Brown.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 01:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pacheco is ANNOYING to watch! Dude runs like he's trying to stamp out infinite ant hills. 

I might feel different if he was a Bengal but gimme more carries for Chase and i'll be happy.

Yes, Pacheco makes a point of keeping his legs up and driving them into the ground as much as possible. He is always driving forward
and that is what makes him more powerful for his size then you would think he would be. It is annoying that he is a Chief lol
Reply/Quote
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-cannot-hold-chase-brown-back-now/ar-AA1ldaR6?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=ASTS&cvid=362b5a9f52e446d58d2b0b187a638c3e&ei=14

The cats out of the bag
Reply/Quote