Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Chase Brown is coming...
(10-25-2023, 10:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 40 times are outdated measure and he ran a 4.43 in combinesame time that Mixon did out of college, I don't remember us saying he was a burner 

4.43 is plenty fast enough by a long shot. That was in 2017, though. No way in HELL Mixon runs a 4.43 at this poit in time. 

EVERY one of Chase Browns athletic measurables is considered "elite" according to RAS. Vertical, broad, splits, and dashes are all elite.  

Chase Brown was drafted with pick 163 of round 5 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 9.81 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 35 out of 1745 RB from 1987 to 2023.

You're telling me this guy couldn't bring something to this offense and shouldn't get opportunities? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 09:49 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: 4.43 is plenty fast enough by a long shot. That was in 2017, though. No way in HELL Mixon runs a 4.43 at this poit in time. 

EVERY one of Chase Browns athletic measurables is considered "elite" according to RAS. Vertical, broad, splits, and dashes are all elite.  

Chase Brown was drafted with pick 163 of round 5 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 9.81 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 35 out of 1745 RB from 1987 to 2023.

You're telling me this guy couldn't bring something to this offense and shouldn't get opportunities? 
I never saw Mixon as a burner and I don't see Chase as one either, never stated he might not get more opportunities but I don't see Mixon as the main problem as I do the Oline , especially in opening holes and outside blocking couple that with poor play action is more of a issue. If Chase gets maybe 20% of snaps we will be able to judge him more, he obviously was not highly desired by 32 teams so he has a low bar so maybe he will be a surprise. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 09:49 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: 4.43 is plenty fast enough by a long shot. That was in 2017, though. No way in HELL Mixon runs a 4.43 at this poit in time. 

Not to mention Mixon actually ran a 4.50 at his Pro Day - https://www.nfl.com/news/joe-mixon-runs-4-50-40-yard-dash-at-oklahoma-pro-day-0ap3000000791366

And Mixon was not allowed to be at the Combine, so I don't know where Mixon's 4.43 came from.

He definitely is not a low-4.4's guy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He's not coming..He's just breathing hard..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2023, 02:09 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Chase brown is just as good, if not better, than ekeler and pollard in every measurable.  Brown proved in college he can run and catch.  Ekeler got 74 touches his rookie year and didn’t become ekeler until he got opportunity.  How can you possibly say anything good/bad /indifferent on 5 career touches, only 2 rushes.

Nice post Bengalbug, yes the measurables are all there for Chase Brown.

Mixon had a couple good games early this season, but he hasn't been good since except as a pass catcher which Chase Brown 
can do. Give him more touches and see what he does behind the starting OL and we can see what we have here, we know what
we have in Mixon and he is not the future. Time to see if Chase Brown is a part of our future. I loved the guy at Illinois.

(10-26-2023, 09:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I saw that someone had posted a recent game stat where the opposing defense ran a soft box (6 defenders in box) something like 70+% of plays versus the Bengals, and the Bengals continued to throw the ball like 90% of those plays.  Not sure the exact numbers, but it was very telling of the team's lack of intent to run the ball.  That must change if the Bengals want to get a defense reeling and keep them on their heels.

Makes sense, been seeing the same thing. Need to take what the Defense gives us instead of just abandoning the run when we
are down. Get some good run blocks and they also can score TD's just the same as passing plays out of the Shotgun which we 
haven't been getting anyways much.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If this offense is gonna take a leap we need 2 backs producing at a decent level

I for one feel Brown can produce TODAY. Just don’t ask him to pass protect until we get an idea how good he is at it

But if you NEVER play him then we’ll never know what he can do.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Welp, looks like Chase Brown pulled his hammy in practice. Out this week and who knows when he will be back.

I guess he isn't coming. ****.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2023, 02:59 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Welp, looks like Chase Brown pulled his hammy in practice. Out this week and who knows when he will be back.

I guess he isn't coming. ****.

If you blink you missed it.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 11:17 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, one of the problems is one of usage. For whatever reason, whether it's working or not, we stop running the ball as the game goes on.

Regardless of the score and situation which is absolutely stupid.  You should never have a 17 second possession when nursing a lead as time winds down in the 4th quarter (without forcing the opposing team to take time outs).  It is hard to believe that anyone on the Bengals roster or staff can think that is OK.  If those kind of abysmal errors continue to happen, there is no way the Bengals beat decent teams. 

Running the ball more would help and perhaps adding just a touch of creativity to the run plays.  Also have Burrow mix up plays from under center.  Current state seems to be we all know it will be a run, directly into a DL arms, when Joe takes a snap from under center.  It will take so much pressure off the OL if the DL and LBs can't assume nearly every play will be a pass.
Reply/Quote
He's not coming for at least a month. He's been placed on IR

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Bro jinxed the team with this thread. Gaah
Reply/Quote
Way to go Weezy

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Aw **** you guys.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 09:26 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: It seems as though Mixon goes to the ground with just an arm tackle recently.He just doesn’t have that drive.Samaje Perine would lower his pads and just drive defenders to a first down.He frequently comes up a half yard or less short on third downs.

Need to get Chase Brown into space as a receiving back so he can use his speed and elusiveness.

Agree completely, except with the recently part.  

Seems like falling to the ground with just an arm tackle has been Joe's M.O. his entire career, except for the two games a year where he actually does show up to play. A couple games a year is not cutting it.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Saw this right above the "Chase Brown to IR" thread.

Thought that was interesting.
Reply/Quote