Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Chase "I'm always open"
(10-01-2023, 06:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The players were calling out Zac and the play calling early last season, too. This is becoming a trend.

It’s not just Zac. Apparently they have like 15 people on conference call giving options and Zac picks one. All in less than 30 seconds.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:41 PM)Trademark Wrote: It appears Zac is losing the locker room

I don't believe that. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s not just Zac. Apparently they have like 15 people on conference call giving options and Zac picks one. All in less than 30 seconds.

Then it’s still on Zac. Who put such a system in place to begin with?

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Then it’s still on Zac. Who put such a system in place to begin with?

Same reason why I think Zac is a good HC, but he isn't a great HC because a great HC would have fired Zac Taylor from being the playcaller. The whole situation is set up terribly.

Now I am leaning less towards good even because of how he handles preseason and how he's mishandling this whole Burrow situation because he never had the balls to be the adult in the room and tell Burrow to sit and heal to start the season. (Or to not practice rolling out of the pocket on the run in training camp while wearing a calf sleeve in the first place.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
And if you are going to have a check down king in the backfield, at least have one that can move some. And call some plays that are different when your QB isn't an All-Pro. Then again, we see how well that has worked out....same results.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
If that is true about how they call plays then that’s way too many cooks in the kitchen
Reply/Quote
Head coach and QB are to blame the most.
O line has not been great but Burrow is a lifeless statue on the field and the sidelines

I’m ok with Chase saying this. His buddy Jefferson is the only real weapon on his team and he always gets his targets. Somehow with a better QB and better WRs around him, the Bengals can’t get Chase the ball. I know he’s Burrows guy but I wouldn’t be surprise if he had second thoughts about re-signing with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Same reason why I think Zac is a good HC, but he isn't a great HC because a great HC would have fired Zac Taylor from being the playcaller. The whole situation is set up terribly.

Now I am leaning less towards good even because of how he handles preseason and how he's mishandling this whole Burrow situation because he never had the balls to be the adult in the room and tell Burrow to sit and heal to start the season. (Or to not practice rolling out of the pocket on the run in training camp while wearing a calf sleeve in the first place.)

Correct. Great leaders know when they are inhibiting the potential of their subordinates and step aside so they can thrive. I believe there is a bit of an ego thing going on here. Taylor comes from the young up and comer club of McVay, Shannahan, LeFleur, McDaniels and all those guys are the HC and call plays. It’s a relatively new phenomenon that a HC also calls plays, it used to be relatively rare now it’s kind of expected.

You can be a great HC, and even a great offensive mind, and be a horrible in game play caller. The idea that all of these skills are related is trying to make the exception the norm. Zac needs to realize he isn’t his friends and while he may be a good HC he is not the offensive play caller his buddies are. He needs an outside perspective to come in and help get the offense back on track.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:02 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Head coach and QB are to blame the most.
O line has not been great but Burrow is a lifeless statue on the field and the sidelines

I’m ok with Chase saying this. His buddy Jefferson is the only real weapon on his team and he always gets his targets. Somehow with a better QB and better WRs around him, the Bengals can’t get Chase the ball. I know he’s Burrows guy but I wouldn’t be surprise if he had second thoughts about re-signing with the Bengals.

Way too premature to start thinking like that. A lot can change between now and when we can extend him. Zac probably bought himself a lifetime contract with the Super Bowl run, but Callahan is going to be on the hot seat at some point.

Reply/Quote
what's hue Jackson doing.

as to zac taylor, all the players are going to say he's doing a great job so who's out there judging or trying to give him advice that he is forced to listen to, just mike brown and folk?
Reply/Quote
Further proof that winning builds culture. A great lockerroom and culture doesn’t survive losing. Look for things to get uglier before they get any better.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:42 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Chase - "I'm always open, I'm always f****** open"

Little throw back to Chad here... emotions are starting to get high in the locker room.  Season if not already is about to turn ugly.

Often links work good in threads such as these..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:02 PM)burreauxs Wrote: If that is true about how they call plays then that’s way too many cooks in the kitchen

That is absolutely true. Explains a lot of the delay of game calls. It’s a shit show, at this point just let Joe call the plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Then it’s still on Zac. Who put such a system in place to begin with?

Oy
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:29 PM)TKUHL Wrote: That is absolutely true. Explains a lot of the delay of game calls. It’s a shit show, at this point just let Joe call the plays.

Yeah wtf how are you actually supposed to pick from 15 options in 30 seconds? That’s kind of thing will only ever lead to shooting yourself in the foot. Make sense then that ZT seems to get overwhelmed in games like these, and now he can’t rely on joe to bail him out.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Further proof that winning builds culture. A great lockerroom and culture doesn’t survive losing. Look for things to get uglier before they get any better.

100% this.

Everything is great culture when you're winning. Everything is bad culture when you're losing. The whole "Zac built a good culture in the clubhouse" bit was always overplayed. That culture was getting Joe Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase and winning. Go and lose, and you have Pratt screaming at Ossai and no talk of good culture.

Win and things are good. Always has been the case.

By the same measure, if Burrow magically gets better and they roll off 4 straight wins, the locker room will be back to being immaculate and there will be talk again about what a good locker room culture Zac has built. Just win.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 100% this.

Everything is great culture when you're winning. Everything is bad culture when you're losing. The whole "Zac built a good culture in the clubhouse" bit was always overplayed. That culture was getting Joe Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase and winning. Go and lose, and you have Pratt screaming at Ossai and no talk of good culture.

By the same measure, if Burrow magically gets better and they roll off 4 straight wins, the locker room will be back to being immaculate and there will be talk again about what a good locker room culture Zac has built. Just win.

I hope Pratt screamed at himself today.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:32 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 100% this.

This guy gets it. We sucked bad enough draft Burrow #1OA. Since the O-line had stayed bad, he gets carted off his rookie year and we draft Chase. Both superstars in college. Now we win and it is somehow some magic to make something out of nothing. The smoke has cleared, mirrors are broken. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I hope Pratt screamed at himself today.

He blew up Logan Wilson more than any Titan today.
Reply/Quote
Victory has a 1000 Fathers
Defeat is an orphan
JFK
Reply/Quote