Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Chase "I'm always open"
(10-01-2023, 07:45 PM)Destro Wrote: This guy gets it. We sucked bad enough draft Burrow #1OA. Since the O-line had stayed bad, he gets carted off his rookie year and we draft Chase. Both superstars in college. Now we win and it is somehow some magic to make something out of nothing. The smoke has cleared, mirrors are broken. 

Truth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It’s not just Zac. Apparently they have like 15 people on conference call giving options and Zac picks one. All in less than 30 seconds.

Not all the time we had to use a early time out with only 3 sec left on play clock. Offense was not even close to being set.. the good thin is we never need time outs at the end of a half or game.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure no one would be mad if Zac stated he called all the plays without input from the rest of the offensive coaches.

WTS, the Bengals need to sit Joe Burrow, but unlike most around here, I'm not sure that's Zac's call or one from the dude who is paying JB $275 Mil
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:32 PM)burreauxs Wrote: Yeah wtf how are you actually supposed to pick from 15 options in 30 seconds? That’s kind of thing will only ever lead to shooting yourself in the foot. Make sense then that ZT seems to get overwhelmed in games like these, and now he can’t rely on joe to bail him out.

I was exaggerating. But Zac said, that’s it’s done by committee, and not just the plays but there’s discussion. All in under thirty seconds.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I was exaggerating. But Zac said, that’s it’s done by committee, and not just the plays but there’s discussion. All in under thirty seconds.

Too many cooks in the kitchen.  Hire a creative offensive guru....

Zac gets exposed when Burrow can't extend plays to give our "elite wr's" open
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I was exaggerating. But Zac said, that’s it’s done by committee, and not just the plays but there’s discussion. All in under thirty seconds.

Yeah even with exaggeration, still sounds like a mess. Not a way to run an offense at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:45 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I don't believe that. 

Uh no Chase is a diva. Has been all his life.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 09:27 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Uh no Chase is a diva. Has been all his life.

Chase keeps airing our dirty laundry and openly stating his disagreement with the people who call the shots.  We've got to do a bumload of winning to keep this from going down the same path as it did back in the bad ol' days.  
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:02 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Head coach and QB are to blame the most.
O line has not been great but Burrow is a lifeless statue on the field and the sidelines

I’m ok with Chase saying this. His buddy Jefferson is the only real weapon on his team and he always gets his targets.  Somehow with a better QB and better WRs around him, the Bengals can’t get Chase the ball.  I know he’s Burrows guy but I wouldn’t be surprise if he had second thoughts about re-signing with the Bengals.

Well said. Throw it to Ja’Marr every play for all I care. It’s what Cousins does with Jefferson. With Tee injuried Chase should be targeted even more, we need to use these short passes and get Chase involved, he will always get some yards after the catch. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:04 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Don’t blame him being pissed off at all.

You’ve got Jefferson on the Vikings with a qb who’s about as much use as one legged Burrow getting the ball none stop and all we can do for Chase is screens or short yard passes.

Coaching and the play book of an under 11s flag football team is killing us

Cousins has 1200 yards, 11 TDs and a 104.4 rating.   One star WR.   

Speechless.....

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:41 PM)Trademark Wrote: It appears Zac is losing the locker room

BS, did you see Mixon's response to the reporter who asked if they are concerned? The locker room is still together. Geeze, a couple of losses and the vultures are hovering. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 09:27 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Uh no Chase is a diva. Has been all his life.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cx1op0gL3lT/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:02 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Head coach and QB are to blame the most.
O line has not been great but Burrow is a lifeless statue on the field and the sidelines

I’m ok with Chase saying this. His buddy Jefferson is the only real weapon on his team and he always gets his targets.  Somehow with a better QB and better WRs around him, the Bengals can’t get Chase the ball.  I know he’s Burrows guy but I wouldn’t be surprise if he had second thoughts about re-signing with the Bengals.

Vikings have a really good o-line
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:15 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Vikings have a really good o-line

We have a solid OL too. Just a QB that doesn't move to avoid sacks since he's hurt
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 10:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: BS, did you see Mixon's response to the reporter who asked if they are concerned? The locker room is still together. Geeze, a couple of losses and the vultures are hovering. 

A couple of ass whippins, a loss, and an ugly win... 3 offensive TDs. Let's not sugarcoat what we've been watching.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
What JaMarr should have said was, "Just like Sheets, Wa Wa and Buc-Ees, I'm always f***ing open!". Then we would be seeing his face on commercials for those places..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:22 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We have a solid OL too. Just a QB that doesn't move to avoid sacks since he's hurt

if solid means bottom 10, sure

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:05 PM)Au165 Wrote: Correct. Great leaders know when they are inhibiting the potential of their subordinates and step aside so they can thrive. I believe there is a bit of an ego thing going on here. Taylor comes from the young up and comer club of McVay, Shannahan, LeFleur, McDaniels and all those guys are the HC and call plays. It’s a relatively new phenomenon that a HC also calls plays, it used to be relatively rare now it’s kind of expected.

You can be a great HC, and even a great offensive mind, and be a horrible in game play caller. The idea that all of these skills are related is trying to make the exception the norm. Zac needs to realize he isn’t his friends and while he may be a good HC he is not the offensive play caller his buddies are. He needs an outside perspective to come in and help get the offense back on track.

Completely agree with this along with us getting a new OL coach if the OL doesn't significantly improve under Pollack as the season goes.

Zac needs to realize he is a great communicator but he is still taking on too much as a Playcaller and having too many cooks in the kitchen
isn't the answer either clearly. We need someone from the outside to come in and just focus on playcalling.

Don't blame Chase for being frustrated either, this is more frustrating than our start last year and there were many players frustrated as 
well before we started our run as Nicomo said. I am not giving up on the season yet, same as last year, but these slow starts from the 
Offense need to stop after this season.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 08:48 PM)jason Wrote: A couple of ass whippins, a loss, and an ugly win... 3 offensive TDs. Let's not sugarcoat what we've been watching.

Still counts as 1-3 though, right?
Reply/Quote