Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase Is A Bengal!
Shame on the crybaby trolls that couldn’t even stay out of one single thread.

Welcome to Cincinnati, Ja’Marr!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Shame on the crybaby trolls that couldn’t even stay out of one single thread.

Welcome to Cincinnati, Ja’Marr!

And some wonder why WJIII threw shade at the fanbase on his way out of town.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, crapshoot. I would have loved to have either. Bottom line, there is more chance to get a better lineman later than there is a receiver, and we needed both.

Exactly.  

Chase is a generalizational talent, who just happens to have good chemistry with our quarterbacks.

Wide receivers are a dime a dozen, but rare talents like Chase don't come around often.

Chase was a hundred times more valuable than Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:22 PM)Trademark Wrote: News flash there's more rounds to go for linemen you bunch of negative nancies. Chase is gonna ball out

There's something about this that feels a bit off.

Something...

I can't quite put my finger on it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I need a good pick of Chase holding that fire #1 jersey and can’t find any online what the hell...

Any of you fine folks have one I can use?

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:08 PM)Waite Hoyt Wrote: Get some interior linemen and Mixon, Burrow, Higgins, Boyd and Chase will be a force.

Amen.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I need a good pick of Chase holding that fire #1 jersey and can’t find any online what the hell...

[Image: E0LvANuUUAEChY2.jpg]

[Image: USATSI_15987253.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I need a good pick of Chase holding that fire #1 jersey and can’t find any online what the hell...

Nice ! and I need to update my avatar anyway.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:47 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: E0LvANuUUAEChY2.jpg]

[Image: USATSI_15987253.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

Thank you, sir!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:51 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: Nice ! and I need to update my avatar anyway.

Dibs on the bottom one my boy rfaulk just posted. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Chase can get open immediately. OL doesn't need to block as long.

In college he could.....yet to be seen at this level. So if not, we're back to square one.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:44 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Why because I don't want to see our QB coming off a knee injury get killed again this year?  I just don't even see why Chase was so highly rated, didn't the receiver opposite of him do just as good that year at LSU?  I mean unless he is Randy Moss this team had no business drafting a receiver.  I think he will be good for sure but I am not convinced that he is good enough to draft in the top 5, especially when we had the chance to have a great OT for the next 10-12 years.

What the hell are you talking about man??? You just don't have a clue what you're talking about. I mean, you can be mad that they didn't take who you wanted, but don't sound like an idiot with your joke opinions about Chase. It doesn't make you sound very knowledgable at all. 

What did any of those other WRs have to do with Chase being 1 on 1 against and torching SEC DBs such as Surtain, Diggs, Mullen and Igbinoghene....all starting DBs in the league??! And, he did all of that when he was still 19 years old???!!! 

Burrow and Chase are as sure of a thing as you'll ever find based on their past performances together. 

And, I didn't know the draft was over? They'll still be able to get OL in the next several rounds to protect Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You realize LT is not the weakness on our line, right?

Well, RT will be....again....after next season. Theoretically, you could've moved your current LT to RT, the mauler to LT, and Reiff as a G or backup. Chase will most likely be a good player, it's just a lot of us fans are tired of kicking this 5 year old issue/can down the road. You've been getting your QBs KILLED for five ****ing years! Fix it gotdammit!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And you are positive that a player who only played 1.5 seasons of college football, and hasn't played in over a year, is the next Anthony Munoz. Right.

Lot of folks are saying a WR who played virtually the same amount is uncoverable and the next Megatron...so.....LOL.

Reply/Quote
This is all I can picture when I read some of these posts...

[Image: 91sn32Q.jpg?fb]

Reply/Quote
When I read a lot of em, I can't help but think of wet behind the ears greenhorns that probably never stepped between the hash marks.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
So my question is if we took Sewell at 5 then who would Team Penei be salivating over in the crop of wideouts left to pick from?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:54 AM)wanga Wrote: So my question is if we took Sewell at 5 then who would Team Penei be salivating over in the crop of wideouts left to pick from?

As a guy that believes you build a long time competitor through the trenches, I probably go Sewell, best IOL in rd 2, and then a speed guy at WR or Edge in 3. Speedy WRs are found all over every draft. It's harder to hit elite talent at LT. Much harder. The way the college game runs offenses these days, WR is going the way of RB. 

Reply/Quote
Hey I finally found my password haha. Good luck. Burrow wanted him. He's the one coming back from Carson Palmer surgery, not us. Now lets do him a favor and get 2-3 offensive lineman.
Reply/Quote
Two things that I didn't like to hear following this pick.

1. From Yahoo sports:
5) Cincinnati Bengals: WR Ja'Marr Chase, LSU — They’ve been on Chase for a while now, with team owner Mike Brown reportedly stamping the final decision. Chase gives Joe Burrow three excellent wide receivers — Chase, Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd — similar to what he had in college. Chase was his go-to guy, and it looks like a great match … if the protection holds up. Grade: A-.

Nice grade, but the mention of Mike Brown still pulling the strings is very disappointing. When will this end?!?

2. From sports illustrated:
"I’m going to break every record they got at the Bengals," Chase declared. "I’m telling you that right now. I'm going to break every record they have. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but it's going to get done."

This seems arrogant to me especially on your first day. I hope we don't have a diva here. He's definitely no AJ in the humility department.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote