Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase, Sample, Brown
Ja’marr Chase will allow us to keep Sample in the game to help pass block which seemed to make a major difference last year. The trio of WR will keep the defense busy without having to compensate for a lack of third threat by going five wide. If Reiff is decent, it makes sense to go OG in round 2, so...Deonte Brown?
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 02:19 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: Ja’marr Chase will allow us to keep Sample in the game to help pass block which seemed to make a major difference last year. The trio of WR will keep the defense busy without having to compensate for a lack of third threat by going five wide. If Reiff is decent, it makes sense to go OG in round 2, so...Deonte Brown?

I think it was Joe Goodberry who compared Deonte Brown to Snorlax.
After seeing his Relative Athletic Score, I see why...1.49 out of 10!
https://relativeathleticscores.com/ras-information/?PlayerID=18968

Dude probably has no shot to succeed in a wide zone scheme. Losing about 20-30 lbs might help some though.

You can play around with filters on that RAS site to find OL that could fit better.

Some IOL I like with better RAS than I expected:
Sadarius Hutcherson
Ben Cleveland
Kendrick Green

For OT, many of the guys talked about in the first two rounds look to have good RAS.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Chase round one Liam Eickenberg from Notre Dame Round 2makes better sense move reiff over to play guard at start Eickenberg at rt.
Reply/Quote
I did not really notice a huge difference when Sample was "kept in to pass block"

And I don't think we put more bad WRs on the filed to somehow make up for not having enough good WRs. That seems kind of counter-intuitive.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 02:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think it was Joe Goodberry who compared Deonte Brown to Snorlax.

Dude probably has no shot to succeed in a wide zone scheme. Losing about 20-30 lbs might help some though.

You can play around with filters on that RAS site to find OL that could fit better.

Some IOL I like with better RAS than I expected:
Sadarius Hutcherson
Ben Cleveland
Kendrick Green

For OT, many of the guys talked about in the first two rounds look to have good RAS.

Leatherwood, who tested really well and has positional flexibility is a great pick at 38 if he is on the board. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 02:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Leatherwood, who tested really well and has positional flexibility is a great pick at 38 if he is on the board. 

Leatherwood skipped the Agility and Body Control drills which tells me he wouldn't have tested well. With his poor Senior Bowl showing I think he ultimately ends up as a guard in a gap system.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 02:55 PM)Synric Wrote: Leatherwood skipped the Agility and Body Control drills which tells me he wouldn't have tested well. With his poor Senior Bowl showing I think he ultimately ends up as a guard in a gap system.

I don't worry too much about that stuff, I liked him during the year. I like guys who have positional flexibility across the front. Too often fans like to think guys can plug and play anywhere, but even swapping sides can be tough. I think he can start day 1 inside and be fine with the ability to slide out if we have to shuffle mid-game. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 02:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did not really notice a huge difference when Sample was "kept in to pass block"

And I don't think we put more bad WRs on the filed to somehow make up for not having enough good WRs. That seems kind of counter-intuitive.

I remember them putting him on an island vs either Myles Garrett or Bosa... results weren’t good lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 03:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't worry too much about that stuff, I liked him during the year. I like guys who have positional flexibility across the front. Too often fans like to think guys can plug and play anywhere, but even swapping sides can be tough. I think he can start day 1 inside and be fine with the ability to slide out if we have to shuffle mid-game. 

His tape showed alot of stiffness in his lower body so I wouldn't consider him in a wide zone even at Guard with better options on the board. I would go Liam Eichenberg over Leatherwood because he played in a mid/outside zone in 2020 and at a solid level (against some of the best edge defenders in college football in 2020). Samuel Cosmi is my top second round tackle prospect for the Bengals unless someone like Christian Darrisaw falls (unlikely). Third round you have the ultra athlete that needs work Spencer Brown.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 03:06 PM)Synric Wrote: His tape showed alot of stiffness in his lower body so I wouldn't consider him in a wide zone even at Guard with better options on the board. I would go Liam Eichenberg over Leatherwood because he played in a mid/outside zone in 2020 and at a solid level. Samuel Cosmi is my top second round tackle prospect for the Bengals unless someone like Christian Darrisaw falls (unlikely). Third round you have the ultra athlete that needs work Spencer Brown.

I'm right with you on the guys in round two. Cosmi was the top name I want if they decide that chase is the way to go.

Darrisaw had a great season and his stock really went up, I would love to see him at 38 but I think he's gone top 20. When there was talk of trading with New England at 15 Darrisaw was a very interesting target there.

I haven't liked Leatherwood at all and I guess I'm in the minority on Eichenberg. I think Eichenberg is playing at his ceiling right now, just not a ton of upside to him, he's solid and steady but not a real athletic guy and with the defenses we face, I want an athletic guy that has a mean streak. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 02:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think it was Joe Goodberry who compared Deonte Brown to Snorlax.

1.49 .. good Lord!  That's like just getting credit for spelling your name right.  

"Does he posses a pulse and the ability to stand? Good. 1.49 for you sir."

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
bring in the Gut lol
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 03:06 PM)Synric Wrote: His tape showed alot of stiffness in his lower body so I wouldn't consider him in a wide zone even at Guard with better options on the board. I would go Liam Eichenberg over Leatherwood because he played in a mid/outside zone in 2020 and at a solid level (against some of the best edge defenders in college football in 2020). Samuel Cosmi is my top second round tackle prospect for the Bengals unless someone like Christian Darrisaw falls (unlikely). Third round you have the ultra athlete that needs work Spencer Brown.

I don't think either guy you mention can play inside, and that is my concern more so than tackle right now. I am intrigued by Creed Humphrey as well but not sure he makes it down that far.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 03:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: I don't think either guy you mention can play inside, and that is my concern more so than tackle right now. I am intrigued by Creed Humphrey as well but not sure he makes it down that far.

Some of the tackles are gonna end up inside that's how it is every year and like I said in another threat Samuel Cosmi has a very similar athletic profile and body type as Vikings Ezra Cleveland who played RG. 

Creed Humphrey would fill a major need at guard and possible upgrade over Trey Hopkins in a year or 2. Landon Dickerson has the injury history to scare people away but he is one if the most talent OL in the class. Wyatt Davis would be a day 1 starter as a guard only prospect and is a perfect prospect on the IOL in any scheme he rarely gets beat unless the defense is running a game up front.

Reply/Quote
Walker Little is intriguing, but he'd be a risk. He hasn't played since 2019 I think). When he did play, he was good. If he played these past two years, he wouldn't make out of the first round.

Honestly, I'm not impressed by the tackles who will probably be available beyond the first round. I don't think our coaches are either. That would explain the Reiff signing more than anything else. We might go for an interior lineman in the second and possibly the third. That would be my move if we take Chase at 5. But they could just as easily get an edge guy in one of those rounds, too. I'd prefer 2 interior guys, and wait until the 4th to get the edge player. But that's just me.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 02:31 PM)Mark123 Wrote: Chase round one Liam Eickenberg from Notre  Dame Round 2makes better sense move reiff over to play guard at start Eickenberg at rt.

(04-16-2021, 03:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm right with you on the guys in round two. Cosmi was the top name I want if they decide that chase is the way to go.

Darrisaw had a great season and his stock really went up, I would love to see him at 38 but I think he's gone top 20. When there was talk of trading with New England at 15 Darrisaw was a very interesting target there.

I haven't liked Leatherwood at all and I guess I'm in the minority on Eichenberg. I think Eichenberg is playing at his ceiling right now, just not a ton of upside to him, he's solid and steady but not a real athletic guy and with the defenses we face, I want an athletic guy that has a mean streak. 

I really like eichenberg. But there's a decent chance he goes at the end of the first or before us in the second. And I agree with murdock about the ceiling, although I think he will improve some with conditioning. 

But even though I like him, dude is no sewell. Right now we've got a one year temp fix and a guy that in two years has played about half a season. The other popular names (leatherwood, darrisaw, etc) won't be there when we pick in the second.

So it's pretty much sewell or roll with a band aid and a guy who has his own stretcher named after him.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 02:19 PM)willieFANderson Wrote: Ja’marr Chase will allow us to keep Sample in the game to help pass block which seemed to make a major difference last year. The trio of WR will keep the defense busy without having to compensate for a lack of third threat by going five wide. If Reiff is decent, it makes sense to go OG in round 2, so...Deonte Brown?

If we have to keep a TE in to block, then we have issues with our O-line.  We may have already fixed it short term with Reiff, but keeping a receiver in just isn't ideal.
Reply/Quote

Deonte Brown does not fit our scheme and is currently like a 4th or 5th round grade so NO that would be overreaching by way to much!!!
Reply/Quote
This would be the worst-case scenario for me. Full stop. I would go to church right away and ask my maker for mercy.
Reply/Quote

Sewell will help keep Burrow in the game and protected and give WRs time to get open and will create a running game that then opens the field up a bit more for play action and passing...
Reply/Quote