Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Young or Joe Burrow ?
Assuming we end up with the number 1 pick , are we picking the franchise quarterback or are we going with an elite cornerstone DE type player who’s more of a sure thing. I can see both sides but as of right now I’d say Chase Young draft Trevor Lawrence next year. But I’ll change y mind tomorrow I’m sure.
Reply/Quote
Gimme the sure thing...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Chase Young please. Joe Burrow is great but without an LSU-quality offensive line he’ll look less than spectacular.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 11:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Chase Young please.  Joe Burrow is great but without an LSU-quality offensive line he’ll look less than spectacular.

LSU's O-line is kinda meh. If anything, Burrow makes them look better by moving the pocket and being able to keep plays alive. That being said, they are better relative to the competition that the Bengals are.
Reply/Quote
Who has the most red flags?
Reply/Quote
The Bengals will take Burrow. He's having one of the best college football seasons of all-time.

That said, Young may end up being the better Pro. Won't matter though...they'll go QB.

Supposedly the Titans are going to try to extend Tannehill. So options for a QB will be lessened.
Reply/Quote
My opinion, which means zilch, is go with Chase. Look at pukesburg.....their offense is as bad as ours. Look what a guy like T.J Watt does....or Joey or Nick Bosa. They create pressure, and make QB's make mistakes. I think we should start there. I also think the game is changing where you will need a running QB to be successful....it seems like if you have a QB that can run around and scramble, the O-line doesn't have to be as good, so i think it may take that here. Not sure Burrow fits that mold. Or I may be fill of s#@t. But we gotta do something.
Reply/Quote
Sure up both lines then go qb. Get a vet for next year as we are not competing next year. Build it from inside out. Front 7 on defense and the oline, then your franchise qb. This is assuming we sit on our ass in free agency. If you go get some guys to sure the lines up then maybe look qb.
Reply/Quote
Let’s trade AJ, Andy and Kirkpatrick for the number 2 pick and take them both. Haha.
Reply/Quote
I we aren't taking a QB at #1 overall then we need to trade down so we can get all those other pieces we need so badly.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:47 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Let’s trade AJ, Andy and Kirkpatrick for the number 2 pick and take them both. Haha.

Honestly they should have done this, but at the trade deadline. They missed their window. AJ is in last year of his contract and likely will only stay if he gets franchise tag. They should have shipped Dalton/AJ as a package deal and get a 1st and maybe 5th rounder. Whatever Bengals are happy remaining mum.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:17 AM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Sure up both lines then go qb. Get a vet for next year as we are not competing next year. Build it from inside out. Front 7 on defense and the oline, then your franchise qb. This is assuming we sit on our ass in free agency. If you go get some guys to sure the lines up then maybe look qb.

Agree. I would say draft line and more line. If they suck again next year then go get QB.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

I say Draft Chase Young #1 and Draft Jalen Hurts in Rd 2. That's a good start, then start fixing what else is wrong. After the draft you can use what's left in FA.

That's a solid start that could get us 5-8 wins next year..
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 11:10 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Assuming we end up with the number 1 pick , are we picking the franchise quarterback or are we going with an elite cornerstone DE type player who’s more of a sure thing.   I can see both sides but as of right now I’d say Chase Young draft Trevor Lawrence next year.   But I’ll change y mind tomorrow I’m sure.

Can you guarantee the #1OA pick in the draft in 2021?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 11:17 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Chase Young please.  Joe Burrow is great but without an LSU-quality offensive line he’ll look less than spectacular.

Bengals, 2.8 sacks given up per game. That's including the Statue Andy Dalton being behind Center. 

Burrow, sacked 2.1 times per game this year.  LSU has the 15th rated line, per Football Outsiders. 
Per PFF, " He's the highest-graded passer under pressure and is setting LSU and PFF College records in the process of a historic season, the likes of which we haven't seen." 

He thrives under pressure. Where is the problem?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 02:06 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: Honestly they should have done this, but at the trade deadline. They missed their window. AJ is in last year of his contract and likely will only stay if he gets franchise tag. They should have shipped Dalton/AJ as a package deal and get a 1st and maybe 5th rounder. Whatever Bengals are happy remaining mum.

Yep. They say that they build with the draft but won’t maneuver with trades or if they do it’s because they love someone like Finley.
Reply/Quote
I would draft Chase Young. our defense needs to add pressure and he creates havoc.

My ideal wish list here:

1) Chase Young
2) Jalen Hurts/ Oline top rated

--on a side note maybe go after a QB retread like Winston, Mariota for a couple years
Reply/Quote
I hope we see Ohio State and LSU in CFP. That could tell us a lot. I still go Burrow. He is doing things unseen in college against the best conference and best teams. If he gets a shot at Ohio State and Clemson and does this, it should be a no brainer. I do not care if he is a one year wonder or not. You don't pass that up.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 11:10 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Assuming we end up with the number 1 pick , are we picking the franchise quarterback or are we going with an elite cornerstone DE type player who’s more of a sure thing.   I can see both sides but as of right now I’d say Chase Young draft Trevor Lawrence next year.   But I’ll change y mind tomorrow I’m sure.

Ugh...don't you just get the horrible feeling that what ever way the Front office go we will look back and wished we zigged instead of zagged.

If we take Burrows then Young delivers on his once in a generation pass rusher for another team.

If we take Young then Burrows becomes the true franchise passer somewhere else  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 11:54 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: My opinion, which means zilch, is go with Chase.   Look at pukesburg.....their offense is as bad as ours.  Look what a guy like T.J Watt does....or Joey or Nick Bosa.  They create pressure, and make QB's make mistakes.  I think we should start there.  I also think the game is changing where you will need a running QB to be successful....it seems like if you have a QB that can run around and scramble, the O-line doesn't have to be as good, so i think it may take that here.  Not sure Burrow fits that mold.  Or I may be fill of s#@t.   But we gotta do something.

Having a Lamar Jackson at qb would be great. But his rookie year was pretty ugly. It would have taken just one loss and many people would be screaming bust in Cincinnati. But your right, a running qb seems tough to stop. Specially when he’s so good at it you design plays based on that ability.

Reply/Quote