Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase Young out of the Draft
(12-14-2019, 04:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol I love poking OSU fans they are so sensitive.

I’m not an osu fan but they are not losing to Clemson
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 11:12 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: It is a gamble that could cost him millions but choices you make in life are yours alone to make . I would say good luck to you but if we get the first pick and Burrow returns I will be pissed. Bengal luck or lack of it.

Does Burrow have any eligibility left?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 01:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Does Burrow have any eligibility left?

Sorry I don't think he does . I had him confused with Lawrence.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 01:29 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I’m not an osu fan but they are not losing to Clemson

LOL

[Image: CFP_Odds.png]
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 07:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’ll never criticize a player for staying in school and graduating or wanting to use all his years of eligibility.  Besides, Chase Young knows he’ll have a chance at two national championships.

(12-15-2019, 05:55 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: That's your opinion, but i'll never shit on someone for staying in school. Maybe he genuinely enjoys playing for Ohio State. Barring some sort of horrific injury he's for sure a top draft pick in the 2021 draft if he decides to stay.

School will always be there.  You only have so much time to play top level competitive football before your body gives out.  One more year in college is one less year of earning money in the NFL.  The only reason to stay in school is to to improve your draft stock so you can get a bigger rookie contract.  Young's draft stock can only go down.  It can't go up.  Lots of OSU fans want him to return, but they want him to return because it's best for OSU.

If I had to take money in violation of NCAA regulations because my family couldn't afford a plane ticket to fly my girlfriend to my bowl game, I would start taking the millions ASAP to help my family.  I wouldn't risk a catastrophic injury that will kill my rookie contract and potentially the longevity of my career.  Look at what happened to Tua.  Look at what happened to Jeffrey Simmons last year.  

He would actually get a better education if he finished his degree after his playing days were done and without the distraction of football, anyways.  Being generous, maybe one in twenty D1 football players really takes their studies seriously, anyways.
Reply/Quote
I don't actually believe for a second he will go back to OSU. Wording is always important and his wording is "the plan" is to return, but plans change. After the season is over he will say "based on feedback I received from the draft advisory board, as well as long discussions with my coaches and family, I have decided to forgo my final year at OSU and declare for the NFL draft". This is a move to not create story lines as they prepare for Clemson, however it back fired a bit on him.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I don't buy this for one second.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
"You mean I could be a Cincinnati Bengal? Well in that case..." - Chase Young (probably)

On a serious note, he may be saying that for now so he's not a distraction for Ohio St as they prep for their playoff game(s).
He has until mid-Jan to decide officially.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: "You mean I could be a Cincinnati Bengal? Well in that case..." - Chase Young (probably)

On a serious note, he may be saying that for now so he's not a distraction for Ohio St as they prep for their playoff game(s).
He has until mid-Jan to decide officially.

Nothing to see here the best player ALWAYS goes to the worse team in the league. He will be rich. Hopefully he will be successful.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone actually believe he's going to stay in school? Get back to me when he's saying this after the bowl game and after Jan 20.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 01:58 PM)Synric Wrote: LOL

Where did they get their crystal ball? Clemson LOOKS “unstoppable” because they played a horribly weak schedule.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 07:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’ll never criticize a player for staying in school and graduating or wanting to use all his years of eligibility.  Besides, Chase Young knows he’ll have a chance at two national championships.

Why leave Ohio State to take a pay cut?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 12:22 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why leave Ohio State to take a pay cut?

Savage.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 01:58 PM)Synric Wrote: LOL

I'm no OSU fan, but I want to see OSU beat Clemson so they have to play LSU and Burrow, who they rejected for their current starting QB.  I love Oklahoma but they are not going to beat LSU.  Nobody is.
Reply/Quote
Uh, this sounds like jumping the gun. Think the team is trying to concentrate on their bowl game without any distractions.

If Young does go back to OSU our pick is clear and we need the first one.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 02:53 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm no OSU fan, but I want to see OSU beat Clemson so they have to play LSU and Burrow, who they rejected for their current starting QB.  I love Oklahoma but they are not going to beat LSU.  Nobody is.

Easy there. They only played one game against a team with an actual defense in Auburn and barely won 23-20. If and when they play tOSU in the title game, they will face a defense like they've yet to see this year. Also LSU's defense sucks and tOSU scores 30+ a game. If this game happens, tOSU has a very good chance to win.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 03:45 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Easy there. They only played one game against a team with an actual defense in Auburn and barely won 23-20. If and when they play tOSU in the title game, they will face a defense like they've yet to see this year. Also LSU's defense sucks and tOSU scores 30+ a game. If this game happens, tOSU has a very good chance to win.

Uh, Georgia has the #2 defense in the county and Alabama is also a top 15 defense.
Reply/Quote
He clarified his comments, as I expected...

Quote:Asked about his comments on Saturday, ahead of the Heisman Trophy presentation, Young said he has no "plan."
"I'm not even really worried anything in the future, I'm just worried about just beating Clemson right now,"

So like I said, he will declare and this is all moot.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 04:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: Uh, Georgia has the #2 defense in the county and Alabama is also a top 15 defense.

Georgia is #2 Alabama is #15 Auburn #13 and Florida #8. 

And that is all of college football rankings it doesnt take into account the differences in Conferences.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2019, 04:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: He clarified his comments, as I expected...

So like I said, he will declare and this is all moot.

Yes

i can't imagine he's gonna throw being a top 3 pick in the draft away and risk injury and whatever with another season at Ohio St. Could cost him millions and millions.
Reply/Quote