Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chase is out Sunday
(11-26-2022, 04:22 PM)motoarch Wrote: How the f does burrow know? He's a player not a doctor.

This is about the worst take on anything I've read on here in a long time.

Let the guy heal.

I rather miss out on the playoffs this year than risk chase doing damage that limits his ability to play at a high level for the rest of his career because he aggravated an injury returning early.

Rub some dirt on it. Gotta be tough sometimes in situations. Philip rivers played a playoff game on a torn ACL once..
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 03:20 PM)jason Wrote: He injured it on the first TD catch in the Saints game... He later scored a 60 yrd TD, and destroyed Atlanta the following week... He played really well on a fractured hip.

Also... I'm not buying this source.

Me either. They leaked it to throw them off.. Nothing official from the Bengals or shefter or any of the real sources... I'm not buying it at all.. Heard he looked great and fast at practice...
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 04:27 PM)Tony Wrote: Rub some dirt on it. Gotta be tough sometimes in situations. Philip rivers played a playoff game on a torn ACL once..

I got something you can rub.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 04:27 PM)Tony Wrote: Rub some dirt on it. Gotta be tough sometimes in situations. Philip rivers played a playoff game on a torn ACL once..

Greg Cook played through a torn rotator cuff and labrum and ruined his career

Bo Jackson dislocated his hip and didn't let it healed and ruined both his careers by needing a hip replacement at age 30

You don't mess around with an athlete's joints

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Looks like we’ll need another big game from Bengals legend Trenton Irwin!

But in all seriousness, as much I selfishly want to see Chase play, I’m glad they’re being cautious with such a core piece of this team.

KC was the game many had speculated for his return anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 04:36 PM)pally Wrote: Greg Cook played through a torn rotator cuff and labrum and ruined his career

Bo Jackson dislocated his hip and didn't let it healed and ruined both his careers by needing a hip replacement at age 30

Absolutely, one game isn't worth risking the balance of his career.  That would be a horrible display of coaching. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 03:07 PM)Tony Wrote: Their won't be a playoff if he's not playing soon.. He played good on it injured. This makes no sense. Even Burrow said he's ready..

Really?

Since he went out they lost 1 game and even with him out there, they still get thumped by Cleveland.

They've played well without him, and shown they can win without him. Fun fact, since Chase has been out, the Bengals have their two highest scoring games of the season...so, tell me again why the playoffs are gone because he's hurt?

The season isn't lost because a WR got hurt. There is only 1 guy on this team that if he goes down the season is lost, and that is Burrow.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I can’t find a reliable source to confirm this news.Last I heard was that he had a very good practice,and will be a game time decision.Of course that’s to keep the Titans guessing.I think he plays Sunday,but,we’ll see.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 05:13 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I can’t find a reliable source to confirm this news.Last I heard was that he had a very good practice,and will be a game time decision.Of course that’s to keep the Titans guessing.I think he plays Sunday,but,we’ll see.

Jordan Schultz was one of the first guys to report that Chase had a fracture

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Crap
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 03:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not sure how you said he played good on it injured since he has been out since, that means he could not overcome the injury or it was getting worse.  Burrow is not going to say he is hurt or nope he is out.. keep Titans guessing with he is ready... 

I don;t know if he is for sure out with just this source but he is still on the injury list which tells me he is still mending, Bengals have to decide is he ready to go without a setback or should he give it more time

How do you NOT know he injured his hip vs the Saints?

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 03:07 PM)Tony Wrote: Their won't be a playoff if he's not playing soon.. He played good on it injured. This makes no sense. Even Burrow said he's ready..

Where did Burrow get his Medical degree?
Reply/Quote
This is the first I've heard about a torn labrum. I think the source is confused.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 04:36 PM)pally Wrote: Greg Cook played through a torn rotator cuff and labrum and ruined his career

Jerome Simpson agrees with this sentiment, "you don't mess with an athlete's joints"..... Ninja
Reply/Quote

Well we definitely need Chase down the stretch so I get not rushing him. But we can only afford so many loses. I don't have a good feeling about this game without Chase but it was probably unrealistic to expect him to make his big plays just coming back from injury. Just seems like it's worked out as good as we could hope so unless the doctors aren't clearing him or he's dealing with pain no sure why he's not playing.
Reply/Quote
Make sure he’s healthy. They can win without him. We still have #9.

Reply/Quote
It stinks not having Chase back. WTS I am concerned Burrow could get tunnel vision when he does come back.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
When a player has been out and on crutches there are more things to worry about than just the injury itself. Without proper conditioning, soft tissue injuries are a concern. I’d much rather him take another week at practice and in the weight room than to come back early and pull a hammy or a groin. Get the man right before he comes back.

Reply/Quote
Per @Ben_Baby - 'Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase is not expected to make his return for Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans, sources confirmed to ESPN.'

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35115110/sources-bengals-jamarr-chase-not-expected-vs-titans
Reply/Quote