Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chase is out Sunday
Luckily, we are a "Dual Trent" team....
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 10:51 PM)Eraserhead Wrote: Maybe cause this isn't a video game, it's real life. The guy has been out for a month with a hip fracture and torn labrum. He just got a couple of very limited practices doing some basic drills. He needs at least a full week of solid practice,, with no setbacks, before you throw him back out there. 

Then I'm not sure why he wasn't placed on IR as everything seems to have worked out as good as you could possibly have hoped for and he's still gonna miss 4 games anyway. I get that it's real life but the dude played an entire game on said injury. I'm just suggesting that he's the perfect position that you can ease into a game and limit the stress on him. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 05:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Where did Burrow get his Medical degree?

Called BS University
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 06:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Caught the game winning TD against the Saints then went 8/130/2 against the Falcons, all while injured.

hurt and injury are two different things.. once he or the staff realized this was more than just being hurt, they shut him down and still are
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 01:29 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: hurt and injury are two different things.. once he or the staff realized this was more than just being hurt, they shut him down and still are

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611e1de76961038ae6104...y.gif&ct=g]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
On one hand you don’t want to rush him, but it seems many were calling for the Chiefs game as his return, which if that’s the case, they should have just IR’d him. He’d still be able to return for the Chiefs and they wouldn’t be holding a roster spot for an injured player.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 08:04 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Calm down there Tommy Toughnuts.

Ya maybe I should a little lol. Brother in law is a titan fan and I want this one bad. The more I think though after talking Burrow up so much, winning without chase and Mixon would be even better.. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 06:01 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well we definitely need Chase down the stretch so I get not rushing him. But we can only afford so many loses. I don't have a good feeling about this game without Chase but it was probably unrealistic to expect him to make his big plays just coming back from injury. Just seems like it's worked out as good as we could hope so unless the doctors aren't clearing him or he's dealing with pain no sure why he's not playing.

I wish he would play even limited but Tennessee has their best dbs out. So Higgins and Boyd could eat. If Chase was there it would be a wrap. Just hope we aren't missing a huge opportunity here. The Titans are very beatable.  Burrow 2-0 against them..
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 01:26 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Called BS University

I swear you aren't a Bengals fan at all... 

You hate Burrow so much just go be a charger fan and enjoy the losses and picks with your boy Herbert. He ain't even in the discussion with Burrow anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if Tua is your new crush now. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 01:22 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Then I'm not sure why he wasn't placed on IR as everything seems to have worked out as good as you could possibly have hoped for and he's still gonna miss 4 games anyway. I get that it's real life but the dude played an entire game on said injury. I'm just suggesting that he's the perfect position that you can ease into a game and limit the stress on him. 

Maybe it's all just to throw the titans off. He's still listed as gametime decision. Nothing official from the team..
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 09:47 AM)Tony Wrote: I wish he would play even limited but Tennessee has their best dbs out. So Higgins and Boyd could eat. If Chase was there it would be a wrap. Just hope we aren't missing a huge opportunity here. The Titans are very beatable.  Burrow 2-0 against them..

Do they have they're best DBs out? It seems like the ones that have been starting are going to be playing. But that's exactly what I'm worried about as far as I think this is a winnable game and if we let it slip away we are in trouble. Not only could Chase change the coverage but I think it's unrealistic to expect Chase to have a big impact with his play on the field his first game back and that's what we'll be hoping for against the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
Burrow and the Bengals have known the entire time that Chase wasn't going to play this week. They wanted to give the Titans one more thing to worry about in practice. The entire thing felt like a decoy.

Bengals doing what good teams should be doing.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
The last thing I heard from Zac, who is the only person who knows, it is truly a game time decision. That was yesterday. As for all the IR talk, it doesn't bother me they didn't IR him. Who were they going to put on the roster in his place who would help, or even see the field. I'm sure if someone became available for some reason, they would gave moved accordingly
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The last thing I heard from Zac, who is the only person who knows, it is truly a game time decision. That was yesterday.  As for all the IR talk, it doesn't bother me they didn't IR him. Who were they going to put on the roster in his place who would help, or even see the field. I'm sure if someone became available for some reason, they would gave moved accordingly

Ian Rapoport is also reporting that Chase is not likely to play today. Seems like Schultz was likely right. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:27 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Ian Rapoport is also reporting that Chase is not likely to play today. Seems like Schultz was likely right. 

Damn Schultz giving the Titans a heads up!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:27 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Ian Rapoport is also reporting that Chase is not likely to play today. Seems like Schultz was likely right. 

He may not play. All I'm saying is Taylor still hasn't declared it yet unless he did so this morning. Frankly, while it would be great to have him, I don't feel like we need him to win today like I would if we were playing KC. With the Titans hurting at DB, Boyd, Higgins, Hurst and the Trents should be more than enough receivers to get the job done. Perine and Evans on the ground, all those wanting Evans to get more playing time, well this is his shot. 
Reply/Quote

That's a credible source. not as credible as Schefter though. on yahoo it says he probably wont play not definitely.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He may not play. All I'm saying is Taylor still hasn't declared it yet unless he did so this morning. Frankly, while it would be great to have him, I don't feel like we need him to win today like I would if we were playing KC. With the Titans hurting at DB, Boyd, Higgins, Hurst and the Trents should be more than enough receivers to get the job done. Perine and Evans on the ground, all those wanting Evans to get more playing time, well this is his shot. 

Yeah, I'd prefer him to be completely ready for KC. The Titans are good, I don't mean to discredit them but I view KC as the cream of the crop so if they have any doubts about him, just let him rest. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 11:54 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, I'd prefer him to be completely ready for KC. The Titans are good, I don't mean to discredit them but I view KC as the cream of the crop so if they have any doubts about him, just let him rest. 

I want to see Jamarr play as much as anyone but I would also add if they have any doubts about him against KC, let him rest. Hip injuries can ruin careers, make sure he’s right before bringing him back.

Reply/Quote
Higgins and Boyd Show.
So be it.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote