Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chase is out Sunday
Peter Warrick came back too soon and was never the same. He only played a handful of snaps with Carson Palmer before falling out of the league. I can wait.

1) This will help Burrow's growth as he trusts more of his receivers and doesn't get Chase happy or "F' it, Ja'Marr's down there somewhere".

2) A victory without Chase will eliminate more doubt and make last season's run more of an arrival of a new team than a fluke team that got hot.

3) I'm more concerned about the CBs getting valuable snaps before facing off against KC next week. That might be a better week for Chase to come back.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I am glad we need him 100% when he gets back. Slow play it our backs are not against the wall I want to see Chase from last year making people look silly with his speed.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 03:04 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Heal up, Chase. We need him healthy for a playoff run.

Yep. One more week won't hurt anything. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 03:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not sure how you said he played good on it injured since he has been out since, that means he could not overcome the injury or it was getting worse.  Burrow is not going to say he is hurt or nope he is out.. keep Titans guessing with he is ready... 

I don;t know if he is for sure out with just this source but he is still on the injury list which tells me he is still mending, Bengals have to decide is he ready to go without a setback or should he give it more time

Caught the game winning TD against the Saints then went 8/130/2 against the Falcons, all while injured.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Kwame Lassister can make a solid
Contribution. I'm excited to see what he can do
Reply/Quote
The Bengals can and really have to win this week without Chase. Much rather face KC three games over .500 than one game over. If they are .500 in two weeks they will have to go 4-1 to end the season to have a chance.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 04:27 PM)Tony Wrote: Rub some dirt on it. Gotta be tough sometimes in situations. Philip rivers played a playoff game on a torn ACL once..

Calm down there Tommy Toughnuts.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 07:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The Bengals can and really have to win this week without Chase. Much rather face KC treee games over .500 than one game over. If they are .500 in two weeks they will have to go 4-1 to end the season to have a chance.

I agree.  Tennessee is a good, well-coached team, but they are not KC or Buffalo.  The line that sacked Burrow on every other play in the playoff game (that the Bengals won) is banged up.  Isaiah Prince and Hakeem Adeniji are on the bench.  Trey Hopkins isn't on the roster.  They aren't getting to Burrow 11 times.  Or half that.  
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 04:27 PM)Tony Wrote: Rub some dirt on it. Gotta be tough sometimes in situations. Philip rivers played a playoff game on a torn ACL once..

Yeah, and Rivers played like shit in that game lol. Not the greatest example to bring up to support your position.
Reply/Quote
Nobody reputable has confirmed this. This guy doesn't have a 100 percent track record he was wrong about the severity of a Mike Williams of the Chargers injury. Profootball talk reported it and so did kelsey conway, which isn't saying much. Why would Zac and the Bengals trust this guy over everybody else.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 05:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

I don't trust a word Conway says. She's clueless most of the time. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 08:21 PM)samhain Wrote: I agree.  Tennessee is a good, well-coached team, but they are not KC or Buffalo.  The line that sacked Burrow on every other play in the playoff game (that the Bengals won) is banged up.  Isaiah Prince and Hakeem Adeniji are on the bench.  Trey Hopkins isn't on the roster.  They aren't getting to Burrow 11 times.  Or half that.  

Simmons was they main problem if I'm not mistaken. He will be playing and going against Volson. I know he's been playing well but it could be ugly.
Reply/Quote
I'm all for trying to ensure Chase is 100 percent. But unless he's telling you he's not feeling well which he may be I'm not sure why you don't let him be active. You can control his snap counts and usage. Just seems like a WR is the perfect position to get worked back in on the field because unless you actually target him than the wear and tear is pretty minimal. Chase drawing coverage may have been enough this week with a few targets. But next week it won't be. This game to me is another must win game and I just don't see a win if Chase isn't on the field but it is what it is.
Reply/Quote
I think Joe showed he can put up points without Chase. Titans in terms of passing defense are right there with Pissburgh. Gotta toughen up on D and get some turnovers.
Reply/Quote
Idk why people are acting like the Titans are some unbeatable juggernaut without Chase. Burrow beat them his rookie season with a patchwork OL. He’s 2-0 vs Tennessee.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 08:24 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, and Rivers played like shit in that game lol. Not the greatest example to bring up to support your position.

TO in the Super Bowl?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 09:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk why people are acting like the Titans are some unbeatable juggernaut without Chase. Burrow beat them his rookie season with a patchwork OL. He’s 2-0 vs Tennessee.

Yep. They have a great run game and a so-so QB.

Definately winnable. Although Chase and Mixon out isn't ideal.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 05:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This is the first I've heard about a torn labrum. I think the source is confused.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/doctor-weighs-in-jamarr-chase-injury-potential-recovery-time

James Rapien Oct 29, 2022

CINCINNATI — Bengals wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase is dealing has a torn labrum and a hairline fracture in his hip according to multiple reports. 

"The labrum itself is cartilage and that's not going to heal on its own. The labrum is torn, it's going to be torn," Bowers said. "The only thing that fixes the labrum would be surgery. With the labrum tear, what it comes down to is pain and whether it impacts his ability to function as a football player. It's really gonna come down to function and pain for him." 

The Bengals have to wait for the fracture to completely heal. Once that heals, Chase should be able to return to the field, assuming he can deal with the pain and can function the way he needs to in order to be successful on gameday.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 08:58 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I'm all for trying to ensure Chase is 100 percent. But unless he's telling you he's not feeling well which he may be I'm not sure why you don't let him be active. You can control his snap counts and usage. Just seems like a WR is the perfect position to get worked back in on the field because unless you actually target him than the wear and tear is pretty minimal. Chase drawing coverage may have been enough this week with a few targets. But next week it won't be. This game to me is another must win game and I just don't see a win if Chase isn't on the field but it is what it is.

Maybe cause this isn't a video game, it's real life. The guy has been out for a month with a hip fracture and torn labrum. He just got a couple of very limited practices doing some basic drills. He needs at least a full week of solid practice,, with no setbacks, before you throw him back out there. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 09:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk why people are acting like the Titans are some unbeatable juggernaut without Chase. Burrow beat them his rookie season with a patchwork OL. He’s 2-0 vs Tennessee.

It's just what some fans do. Everything is doom and gloom. Reading this board and social media today, I'm convinced a lot of fans didn't even know what Chase's injuries were.  Mellow
Reply/Quote