Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase speaks on drops...
(09-10-2021, 04:26 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: He should demand better questions from the interviewer or be out catching more of those balls he describes that hinder his ability to catch them.

Clown take. 

If he "demanded" a "better question" from the interviewer then he'd be labeled a cancer or a dick. He's also mandated to participate in media by the team/league (Marshawn Lynch: "I'm just here so I don't get fined.") so that's why he isn't out catching more balls while answering questions from the media.

Dude answered two questions 10 minutes apart, Florio being the Steeler/Lawyer D-bag combo decided to combine the two into a single clickbait title. You ate it up.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
On a positive note. He just signed a lucrative endorsement deal with Luden's:

[Image: a4ba51a8-ddec-4b7e-9abb-7a68f62d862e_1.6...nBg=FFFFFF]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 10:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: In all seriousness I think Ja’Marr Chase needs an eye examination from a reputable ophthalmologist.  He’s mentioned having difficulty seeing the ball and I suspect he has a depth perception issue as well.  Many hand-eye coordination issues are actually related to substandard visual acuity and less than accurate depth perception.

I read somewhere that the difference of the college ball having those stripes and NFL having none has been an issue?? 1st time for everything i guess?? Just catch the damn ball! 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 07:43 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I read somewhere that the difference of the college ball having those stripes and NFL having none has been an issue?? 1st time for everything i guess?? Just catch the damn ball! 

I like the NFL ball much better than the college one with the stripes. I have no problem catching it, Chase definitely shouldn't.

I am sure it will be all good though, too early to worry about this stuff. If this starts to happen a lot in meaningful games than it 
will mean something. Even the best go through drop spells and taking the year off just made it so he would have to knock the rust
off is all.
Reply/Quote
If he uses the word "confidence" I'll weep.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 09:46 PM)Destro Wrote: If he uses the word "confidence" I'll weep.

He’s nothing like Ross in that regard. If anything, he came in a little too confident in his abilities (especially after a year off). This has likely humbled him a bit though, and he’s definitely putting in the work.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 09:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s nothing like Ross in that regard. If anything, he came in a little too confident in his abilities (especially after a year off). This has likely humbled him a bit though, and he’s definitely putting in the work.

You keep saying "He's nothing like Ross" because you like him, but that's it.

Seems like yesterday you were telling folks how much work he put in during his sitting out; while he called it "sitting on his butt".

We have 0 idea if he's learned anything;nor do we know if he's definitely putting in the work; unless we believe Hopspin's feel good pieces without question. 

Reply/Quote
Sunday can’t come soon enough. Very excited to see how the Chase story evolves, good or bad, should be good entertainment.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 10:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Sunday can’t come soon enough. Very excited to see how the Chase story evolves, good or bad, should be good entertainment.

...but one thing we know for sure: He's nothing like Ross. 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 10:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You keep saying "He's nothing like Ross" because you like him, but that's it.

Seems like yesterday you were telling folks how much work he put in during his sitting out; while he called it "sitting on his butt".

We have 0 idea if he's learned anything;nor do we know if he's definitely putting in the work; unless we believe Hopspin's feel good pieces without question. 

And you keep saying he is like Ross because you don’t like him. You had it out for the kid from the start. Largely over opting out.

And you’re flat out wrong on the bold. It’s been reported by multiple sources all summer that he has been working with coaches between drills (while other players are on breaks), working the juggs machine like crazy, catching tennis balls, etc. Anyone that even remotely follows the team has seen he’s put in extra work. It’s nothing to do with “Hobson spin.”

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 06:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: On a positive note. He just signed a lucrative endorsement deal with Luden's:

Man, if Chase has more drops than a box of Luden's...

(09-10-2021, 10:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And you keep saying he is like Ross because you don’t like him. You had it out for the kid from the start. Largely over opting out.

And you’re flat out wrong on the bold. It’s been reported by multiple sources all summer that he has been working with coaches between drills (while other players are on breaks), working the juggs machine like crazy, catching tennis balls, etc. Anyone that even remotely follows the team has seen he’s put in extra work. It’s nothing to do with “Hobson spin.”

Hmm, I'm not sure how encouraging it should be to know that Chase has been working his ass off and still can't catch the football.  Maybe he isn't just rusty!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 10:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...but one thing we know for sure: He's nothing like Ross. 

Exactly. He should have around 40 catches for 600+ yards by the end of the 8th game. Ross could only dream of something like that. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 10:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Exactly. He should have around 40 catches for 600+ yards by the end of the 8th game. Ross could only dream of something like that. 

Should and Ross go hand in hand, though.

2017 -  Ross SHOULD be on the field
2018 -  Ross SHOULD be better now that he's healthy
2019 -  Ross SHOULD be better now that he has a HC who won't refuse to use him
2020 -  Ross SHOULD be better now that he has a better QB who will get in his face if he blows it
2021 -  Ross SHOULD have been cut by the Giants

As of now Chase SHOULD be fine and SHOULD be able to catch the ball and SHOULD prove the doubters wrong.  Bring on the real fartball season!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 10:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Man, if Chase has more drops than a box of Luden's...

Hmm, I'm not sure how encouraging it should be to know that Chase has been working his ass off and still can't catch the football.  Maybe he isn't just rusty!

I don’t know how anyone could not be encouraged by a good work ethic. The guy certain posters keep comparing him to was in the coaches doghouse from day one. You never heard about how hard he was working to get through his issues. That’s not the case here.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 10:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And you keep saying he is like Ross because you don’t like him. You had it out for the kid from the start. Largely over opting out.

I like him just fine and I've only compared him to Ross since I've seen him try to catch balls in Stripes.

I didn't like the fact that any NCAA player chose to sit out instead of lacing them up.. I was a bigger fan of folks like Smith, Waddle, and Paye.

How many sources said he was working hard while sitting out?

There's think and there's hope.

I think from what I've seen since he opted out, because he could; is this will be a trainwreck

What I hope is that I'm listed him in the Game Ball thread on Sunday evening. 

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 11:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t know how anyone could not be encouraged by a good work ethic. The guy certain posters keep comparing him to was in the coaches doghouse from day one. You never heard about how hard he was working to get through his issues. That’s not the case here.

Well, I'm mostly just arguing for the sake of killing time but I guess each scenario is a double sided coin.

If he's not working and stinks- He can improve if he shakes off his lazy ass attitude, he's being lazy and that's bad

If he is working and he stinks - He stinks even though he's working hard?  That seems bad, but if he's got a good work ethic, maybe he'll get better.  
Reply/Quote
Also, AJ Green caught his first TD pass in his first game from Bruce Gradkowski....the template is set!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 11:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, I'm mostly just arguing for the sake of killing time but I guess each scenario is a double sided coin.

If he's not working and stinks- He can improve if he shakes off his lazy ass attitude, he's being lazy and that's bad

If he is working and he stinks - He stinks even though he's working hard?  That seems bad, but if he's got a good work ethic, maybe he'll get better.  

You?? Never! Tongue

But look, at the end of the day the talent is there, and the work ethic is there. I like the odds on him becoming a really good player.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 11:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t know how anyone could not be encouraged by a good work ethic. The guy certain posters keep comparing him to was in the coaches doghouse from day one. You never heard about how hard he was working to get through his issues. That’s not the case here.
https://stripehype.com/2018/04/02/john-ross-working-juju-smith-schuster/

Quote:He’s working hard to not only get back into form for the season but trying to improve his techniques so that he doesn’t have a repeat of 2017.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/5/30/17406208/john-ross-his-relationship-marvin-lewis-mysterious-shoulder-injury

Quote:you have to work. And I’m fine with that. I love working hard, working hard is what got me where I am.

https://www.bengals.com/news/john-ross-vows-to-believe-in-himself

Quote:For what Houshmandzadeh has been able to see, Ross is committed to both his family and his job. He saw Ross do it all last week. There was a day or two, Houshmandzadeh said, where Ross made sure things were OK at home and he was on the field with him at 8 a.m., taking throws from a big-time California schoolboy quarterback and then back home to check on the family.

"John Ross didn't come out here and sit on his butt," Houshmandzadeh said.

I was encouraged by his work ethic.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2021, 11:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://stripehype.com/2018/04/02/john-ross-working-juju-smith-schuster/

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/5/30/17406208/john-ross-his-relationship-marvin-lewis-mysterious-shoulder-injury

https://www.bengals.com/news/john-ross-vows-to-believe-in-himself

I was encouraged by his work ethic.

Housh praise is the kiss of death. Said Eifert was unstoppable right before his injury plagued years.
Reply/Quote