Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase young is back
(12-31-2019, 10:44 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Wondering if you still feel this way as it turns out that Young wasn’t even the best college player this season much less in your lifetime. Burrow dominated in his semi final game (and all season) while Young had very little, if any, impact in his semi final game. I originally wanted them to take Young but now it is clear that Burrow should be the pick.

You can make a strong argument that Burrow had the best college season ever.

Chase young unanimously was the best college football player and it wasn’t close.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 11:18 AM)Synric Wrote: Young seen some chipping and a few double teams but actually Jackson Carman held his own against Chase Young. As a sophomore Carman is one of the better tackles in college and a former 5 star recruit. I believe he was the first or second best tackle in his recruiting class. 

Not sure who he had it against, but chase young had 9 qb hits and a 20 pass rush win rate against Clemson
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 08:47 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Not sure who he had it against, but chase young had 9 qb hits and a 20 pass rush win rate against Clemson

I dont know about QB hits but according to PFF he had 7 pressures total. I doubt all were QB hits. Jackson Carman played a hell of a game against him 1 on 1. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 08:45 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Chase young unanimously was the best college football player and it wasn’t close.

Not down the stretch, in some of the biggest games he wasn’t.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I mean you really cant argue with an OSU homer who has a top 5 player in a given draft.

I get it though, Young is the best prospect in the draft, and I'm a Burrow guy(not an lsu fan. They are trash people.) If the Bengals had there QB of the future or at least a qb who is capable, I'd be saying Young could really elevate the team.

But the Bengals dont have that player do they? Burrow has a really good chance at being a franchise QB which can be franchise changing. The position Young is playing really isnt the majority of the time. The Bengals need that change badly, it just so happens that Burrow is shattering records through this year too.

If they draft Young, they will start Andy and we will be right back here again next year. I hope no one wants that.
Reply/Quote