Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Chatbox Announcement]
We will no longer be using the chatbox as a game day feature because of the stress it places on the server and the fact that it leads to other issues with the board, due to rapid reloading and the high volume of responses during games. We will be sticking with the GameDay threads for now. Our goal is to maintain optimal speed and functionality, and this decision was made with that in mind.

But, for those that enjoy the chat, there was a suggestion in the Feedback section, that brought up the idea of an after hours type chat. Something like that would be about the only other way we would use the chat for now, so we might end up giving that a try for a couple of hours every Friday night and see how it goes.

I know some won't like losing the GameDay chat, but for now, it's best for the site overall.

Thanks, BJ
Reply/Quote
I don't really have a problem with this, but there's no reason to use the lords name in vein Ninja
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
no, no, noooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It sucks losing the chatbox for Game Days. It was so much better than the thread. WTS, I can understand your reasons and though disappointed, it ain't like we ain't used to using a game day thread.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It's a bummer, but you're the boss!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: funny-pictures-sad-cat-blackandwhit.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I refuse to accept this. I demand this fixed immediately!

Reply/Quote
OK, I'm over it. Understood but will miss it.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 06:09 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It will be an open chat, meaning you can discuss anything you want.

Classic case of bag o' nightcrawlers nobody wants to open.  I'll definitely be popping by to see what Fred wants to talk about at midnight on a Friday though.  Poppers?
Reply/Quote
[Image: tear-drop-o.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I didn't think the game time chat was a useful feature.  When the game is on, I like to focus on the game.  It was too hard to follow both the chat and the game at the same time.  
Reply/Quote
What happened to the mobile version of the boards?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 09:17 AM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I didn't think the game time chat was a useful feature.  When the game is on, I like to focus on the game.  It was too hard to follow both the chat and the game at the same time.  

Hah! The chat was way more up to date than the thread. Those of us who partcipate in the game day thread are just refreshing, seeing plays happen in the thread before they happen on our delaly/etc.

Also with people just saying "ugh." "YES!" "nice." - it really makes you have a heart attack because their communication skills suck. Sad
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
As a consolation, 'Holic is volunteering his personal phone line on game days. Anyone who would like to call in, he will put you on speaker phone like one massive tele conference of Bengal inspired pandemonium. His number is 555-555-5555. Call 5 minutes prior to coin flip!
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 11:00 AM)Benton Wrote: As a consolation, 'Holic is volunteering his personal phone line on game days. Anyone who would like to call in, he will put you on speaker phone like one massive tele conference of Bengal inspired pandemonium. His number is 555-555-5555. Call 5 minutes prior to coin flip!

Recorded message says it only works every 5th game.  :angry:

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 11:00 AM)Benton Wrote: As a consolation, 'Holic is volunteering his personal phone line on game days. Anyone who would like to call in, he will put you on speaker phone like one massive tele conference of Bengal inspired pandemonium. His number is 555-555-5555. Call 5 minutes prior to coin flip!

'Holic's phone number adds up to 50.  That proves we're going to win the SB!  Oh wait, wrong thread.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 08:07 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Hah! The chat was way more up to date than the thread. Those of us who partcipate in the game day thread are just refreshing, seeing plays happen in the thread before they happen on our delaly/etc.

Also with people just saying "ugh." "YES!" "nice." - it really makes you have a heart attack because their communication skills suck. Sad

So you want people to write out full sentences for every play?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
get those F5 fingers ready
Reply/Quote
Can't we just make it so me and the other smart guys can post in it? That should severely cut down on the traffic.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 08:07 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Hah! The chat was way more up to date than the thread. Those of us who partcipate in the game day thread are just refreshing, seeing plays happen in the thread before they happen on our delaly/etc.

Not to mention the people posting their predictions or hopes with simple phrases like "pick 6!"  :angry:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote