Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chauvin Will Be Innocent- Prepare For Riots
(04-12-2021, 08:51 PM)Dill Wrote: A law degree might help one better assess which facts have legal import and consequence.

I don't think I know more about law and courts than lawyers.

We were talking about the facts of the case, not the importance or consequences.
(04-12-2021, 08:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We were talking about the facts of the case, not the importance or consequences.

Multiple medical professionals have testified that the cause of death was directly related to the pressure applied to the back of Floyd and that it was absolutely not related to the drugs or any other cause. By your logic earlier, that’s it right? There is no more discussion to be had because they are in fact experts, correct?
(04-12-2021, 09:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Multiple medical professionals have testified that the cause of death was directly related to the pressure applied to the back of Floyd and that it was absolutely not related to the drugs or any other cause. By your logic earlier, that’s it right? There is no more discussion to be had because they are in fact experts, correct?

No, because Ben Shapiro said differently and he routinely destroys the libs with FACTS and LOGIC.
(04-12-2021, 09:23 PM)Au165 Wrote: Multiple medical professionals have testified that the cause of death was directly related to the pressure applied to the back of Floyd and that it was absolutely not related to the drugs or any other cause. By your logic earlier, that’s it right? There is no more discussion to be had because they are in fact experts, correct?

Maybe it is right.  
(04-12-2021, 09:36 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Maybe it is right.  

Maybe what is correct Brad?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-12-2021, 08:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: His law degree allowed him access to facts that the rest of us don't have?

No, it helps him understand how a trial operates, the role the jury plays in deciding the facts in our common law system, the importance of using neutral sources when it comes to educating yourself on a trial as an outsider, and the weight expert witness testimony has.

Fred's first post in this thread was a great note of caution and advice to anyone looking to educate themselves on the trial as it plays out. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-12-2021, 10:00 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Maybe what is correct Brad?

Maybe it was right that he died from the pressure on his shoulder/chest Vas.

(04-12-2021, 09:29 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: No, because Ben Shapiro said differently and he routinely destroys the libs with FACTS and LOGIC.

[video=youtube][/video]

Maybe I'm not wrong because this medical examiner says that the level of fentanyl in his system could have caused an overdose.  He also says that it's not the same for everyone, but that casts some doubt.

He also says that his knee likely wasn't preventing blood from getting to Floyd's brain and, even if it was, people have two of the arteries he was referencing.  

He was also talking a lot and screaming, which wouldn't be possible if Chauvin's knee were crushing his neck or lungs to the point of where Floyd was about to die.
(04-12-2021, 11:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Maybe it was right that he died from the pressure on his shoulder/chest Vas.

Brad, I’m going to excuse your inability to clarify your statement here, but it’s the last time.

You’re coming off like a total a**hole. The man died. “Maybe it was right that he died from the pressure on his shoulder/chest” is a new low for you that I hope you reflect upon.

How would your possible future speaking engagements take this? Think before you type. I wish you the best, but my hopes are diminished by the blatant vitriol you’ve espoused of late.
(04-12-2021, 11:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: [video=youtube][/video]

Maybe I'm not wrong because this medical examiner says that the level of fentanyl in his system could have caused an overdose.  He also says that it's not the same for everyone, but that casts some doubt.

He also says that his knee likely wasn't preventing blood from getting to Floyd's brain and, even if it was, people have two of the arteries he was referencing.  

He was also talking a lot and screaming, which wouldn't be possible if Chauvin's knee were crushing his neck or lungs to the point of where Floyd was about to die.

Charlie Kirk's guest?

Hilarious

Seriously?
My question is if drugs or other potentially pre existing conditions had some effect on the office kneeling on him and killing him, what exactly should that officer be charged with (Manslaughter, 1st through 3rd degree murder) and what are they charging him with, which could lead to an acquittal.

Isn't that what happened with George Zimmerman, they went for a harsher conviction, but couldn't put forth a case good enough to achieve that specific conviction resulting in him getting off entirely?
(04-12-2021, 11:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Maybe I'm not wrong because this medical examiner says that the level of fentanyl in his system could have caused an overdose.  He also says that it's not the same for everyone, but that casts some doubt.

Much like people trying to diagnose individuals with medical conditions when they have had no interactions with them, people trying to say someone's death should have been ruled something without examining the body are full of shit. Unless you perform the examination, you lack all of the facts in the case and any professional worth their salt should know better. I expect laypeople to be dumbasses about it, though.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

The video was specifically cut out of context for clickbait, and the fact you don't realize this is not surprising but further shows the issues of people and the internet. This was an out-of-context clip from a long line of questioning where the medical examiner is actually reaffirming his cause of death as a homicide. 

He says "Had Mr. Floyd been home alone in a locked residence with no evidence of trauma and the autopsy showed those levels of fentanyl, then yes he'd certify the death due to fentanyl toxicity, again interpretation is very context dependant." Not in the video, he later goes on to add context back in and say though that the fentanyl did NOT cause the death but rather cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression were the cause of death. 

He continues to go on and explain why every assumption you have made and keep bringing up is incorrect if you want to go watch the actual testimony rather than cherry-picked clips. In the end, this "evidence" you present here is of an expert who disagrees with what you are asserting. Other experts who followed him agreed or went further is casting the blame on the restraint methods used on Floyd.

Toxicology reports are very complicated, which is why he gives the answer that he does. He is basically saying that “yes, if you paint a scenario where he has no trauma and all I see from the toxicology report is that fentanyl level, then I could call this an overdose.”

That isn’t the scenario, though, and that’s important to point out. Floyd also had meth in his system, which is a stimulant as opposed to a downer. Combining a depressant and a stimulant is pretty popular. It used to be coke and heroin, but now it apparently is meth and heroin/fentanyl.

Anyways, a fentanyl overdose looks nothing like what Floyd looked like. For you, or anyone else interested, the below video is what someone high on heroin or fentanyl looks like.

https://youtu.be/afWxKYVYqlA

Floyd looked nothing like this. He was coherent and responsive. Brad, you’re just wrong. That same medical expert said that death was due to cardiopulmonary arrest due to restraint. He classified it as a homicide. The other medical expert that came in ruled the death as cardiopulmonary arrest due to restraint. She ruled it as a homicide.

Here is one final video for you. It is a popular doctor on YouTube who made a video regarding Floyd and his toxicology report. He explains it very in-depth.

https://youtu.be/xRoqSyIi-98
How do we know Hugo Chavez didn't fake the toxicology report?
Lol.

Ben Shapiro...

I didn't realize people even watched him for any reason other than to laugh at how stupid he is.
(04-13-2021, 12:21 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Brad, I’m going to excuse your inability to clarify your statement here, but it’s the last time.  

You’re coming off like a total a**hole.  The man died.  “Maybe it was right that he died from the pressure on his shoulder/chest” is a new low for you that I hope you reflect upon.  

How would your possible future speaking engagements take this?   Think before you type.  I wish you the best, but my hopes are diminished by the blatant vitriol you’ve espoused of late.

We're discussing the case, the cause of death, and how it impacts whether or not the officer will be found guilty or not.

You're calling me an a**hole and using empty rhetoric because you have nothing to counter anything I posted, including bringing my profession into this.

But I'm the a**hole?
NY Times, CNN, MSNBC all blacking out the riots, looting, violence in MN. Weird.
(04-13-2021, 02:34 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: NY Times, CNN, MSNBC all blacking out the riots, looting, violence in MN.  Weird.

What do you mean by blacking out the riots?  A simple Google search brought up articles from all three of those outlets. 
(04-13-2021, 02:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What do you mean by blacking out the riots?  A simple Google search brought up articles from all three of those outlets. 

I'm wondering what the riots have to do with this thread as they are occurring because of a different death that will eventually go to a different trial. Seems like a good way to derail a thread about a specific trial.