Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chauvin Will Be Innocent- Prepare For Riots
(04-13-2021, 02:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What do you mean by blacking out the riots?  A simple Google search brought up articles from all three of those outlets. 

Went to the home pages of all 3. Nothing.  Nothing about Tlaib wanting no more policing either.

I think it's a good idea!  no more policing, no more incarceration.  what could go wrong?  It's all just racism anyway.  Except for a black guy shooting a white guy.  That's cool.  It's just whitey getting what he deserves.

Just went to all 3 again.  Nothing other than MSNBC has a couple articles about "protesters".  Nothing about Rioting, looting, violence, animals destroying people's businesses again, police violence.
I googled Minneapolis riots and all 3 sources and they had stuff out there. I didn't look any further, I just wanted to see if the most recent claims that the media is refusing to talk about XYZ held water.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-13-2021, 02:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm wondering what the riots have to do with this thread as they are occurring because of a different death that will eventually go to a different trial. Seems like a good way to derail a thread about a specific trial.

Just didn't feel like making a new thread.  lol
(04-13-2021, 03:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I googled Minneapolis riots and all 3 sources and they had stuff out there.  I didn't look any further, I just wanted to see if the most recent claims that the media is refusing to talk about XYZ held water.

So you won't go to their home pages to see they are not reporting on this?  Ok.  lol.
(04-13-2021, 03:09 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: So you won't go to their home pages to see they are not reporting on this?  Ok.  lol.

Why should I?  You're the one making claims that they weren't reporting on it and it just took 10 seconds to reveal that they are. 

You said blackout and now you're changing your tune to say their articles don't fit your extreme viewpoint.  I've just been interested lately in this notion that the media is "refusing to report" on stuff.  The psychological phenomena and social impact is what intrigues me. 
(04-13-2021, 03:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Why should I?  You're the one making claims that they weren't reporting on it and it just took 10 seconds to reveal that they are. 

You said blackout and now you're changing your tune to say their articles don't fit your extreme viewpoint.  I've just been interested lately in this notion that the media is "refusing to report" on stuff.  The psychological phenomena and social impact is what intrigues me. 

Nice twist.  Go to their home pages and tell me what info you find about riots, looting, violence.

If you don't know it is happening you don't know to google it.  So if you go to their home pages, you don't know any rioting, looting or violence is going on.

I didn't say blackout, I said "Went to the home pages of all 3. Nothing.  Nothing about Tlaib wanting no more policing either."

"extreme viewpoint".  lol   Pointing out that 3 huge news orgs have basically nothing on their homepages is super extreme.
(04-13-2021, 03:17 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Nice twist.  Go to their home pages and tell me what info you find about riots, looting, violence.

If you don't know it is happening you don't know to google it.  So if you go to their home pages, you don't know any rioting, looting or violence is going on.

I didn't say blackout, I said "Went to the home pages of all 3. Nothing.  Nothing about Tlaib wanting no more policing either."

Your first post simply said they are blacking out the riots. That's what I responded to.  Im not going down some "twisting my words" rabbit hole with you on this one.
(04-13-2021, 03:09 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: So you won't go to their home pages to see they are not reporting on this?  Ok.  lol.

But CNN does cover the protests. For example here or here...

MSNBC offers this clip prominently, and then I stopped searching.
(04-13-2021, 03:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Your first post simply said they are blacking out the riots. That's what I responded to.  Im not going down some "twisting my words" rabbit hole with you on this one.

Please show me where I said they were blacking it out.   Please?  Pretty please? 

Right, so you don't see anything either.  Like I said, their home pages have nothing.
(04-13-2021, 03:24 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Please show me where I said they were blacking it out.   Please?  Pretty please? 

Right, so you don't see anything either.  Like I said, their home pages have nothing.

Quote:Mickeypoo Wrote: NY Times, CNN, MSNBC all blacking out the riots, looting, violence in MN.  Weird.[/size]

Now, rather than completely derailing this thread, why not go make your own since this is going to end up a pissing match.
(04-13-2021, 03:24 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Please show me where I said they were blacking it out.   Please?  Pretty please? 

Post #58 you state they are blacking out the riots.  Google Minneapolis riots and msnbc, ny times etc and stuff comes up.  Whether or not their reporting fits your view of what it should be isn't the topic here.  
(04-13-2021, 03:23 PM)hollodero Wrote: But CNN does cover the protests. For example here or here...

MSNBC offers this clip prominently, and then I stopped searching.

Just went to MSNBC.com.   I don't see anything about riots, looting, violence, etc.

Those 2 clips from CNN are talking about protesters.  Nothing about looting, rioting, violence, etc.

I see protestors, rallies, demonstrations. Maybe that is what rioting, looting and violence is now in this super sensitive PC world. Maybe those words are now racist? What isn't racist at this point.
(04-13-2021, 03:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Post #58 you state they are blacking out the riots.  Google Minneapolis riots and msnbc, ny times etc and stuff comes up.  Whether or not their reporting fits your view of what it should be isn't the topic here.  

Oh snap!  lmfao! What a day.  I apologize Nately.  I did say that.  

My point though is that if you do not know it is happening you don't know to Google it and if you rely on their homepage for your news there is nothing there.
(04-13-2021, 03:33 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Oh snap!  lmfao!  What a day.  I apologize Nately.  I did say that.  

My point though is that if you do not know it is happening you don't know to Google it and if you rely on their homepage for your news there is nothing there.

My point is that people might be going a little overboard with the whole THE MEDIA WONT TALK ABOUT THIS narrative.   
(04-13-2021, 03:27 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Just went to MSNBC.com.   I don't see anything about riots, looting, violence, etc.

Those 2 clips from CNN are talking about protesters.  Nothing about looting, rioting, violence, etc.

...protesters threw "bottles, fireworks, bricks and other projectiles at public safety officials," according to a tweet from Operation Safety Net.

says so within the first few sentences.

I don't even see anything on the FOX homepage taking bigger focus on looting. Apparently there were not so many looting incidents that is has to dominate the press.

ABC has an article on some specific incidents... maybe this just is not frontline news. Looting is mentioned in this article on CNN.

And now I'm tired of this.
(04-13-2021, 03:27 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I see protestors, rallies, demonstrations.  Maybe that is what rioting, looting and violence is now in this super sensitive PC world.  Maybe those words are now racist?  What isn't racist at this point.

This is hilarious.

FoxNews addicts refuse to call "Throwing bottles and bricks" violence just because they are told CNN is not saying anything about "violence".  And they are "blacking it out" by posting video on their main page.

Hilarious 

Never seen so many people so thoroughly brainwashed.
They were covering it last night on msnbc. I watched it. Rachel cut away once when one of the protesters started using profanity while being interviewed, but they had a reporter there all night.
(04-13-2021, 02:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'm wondering what the riots have to do with this thread as they are occurring because of a different death that will eventually go to a different trial. Seems like a good way to derail a thread about a specific trial.

Yes, but tensions were already high because of the trial and I believe some people were basically threatening to do something if a conviction wasn't made. (I only heard that statement second hand from news though)
(04-13-2021, 01:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We're discussing the case, the cause of death, and how it impacts whether or not the officer will be found guilty or not.

You're calling me an a**hole and using empty rhetoric because you have nothing to counter anything I posted, including bringing my profession into this.

But I'm the a**hole?

No, he said you're coming off like one.  And I know I agree, I'm sure there's others.  Why not post something not Anti-Biden?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
(04-13-2021, 11:33 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: They were covering it last night on msnbc. I watched it. Rachel cut away once when one of the protesters started using profanity while being interviewed, but they had a reporter there all night.

Did she postulate sans evidence that the mob may be made up of Trump and Gaetz supporters disguised an BLM?  Is anyone reporting on that?