Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chewbacca mom accused of white privilege
(06-17-2016, 10:32 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Similar could probably be said of trailer trash that gives their daughter a stripper's name.

This is less a case of "white privilege" and more a case of stupid parents.  And, well, intelligence is hereditary so....

There are actual studies on the significance of resumes marked as being from black applicants, so maybe the "stripper name" phenomena has been or should be studied, too.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-17-2016, 09:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: You gave your "friends" the OK.

One came on and said he didn't see it on your page.

Take a screen shot, have someone else back up your claim or STFU (again) about (another) lie.

Thanks!

We have seen what you do when you get a hold of a social media account of a board member you disagree.   
(06-18-2016, 04:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We have seen what you do when you get a hold of a social media account of a board member you disagree.   

What did I do "Ty"?

Oh yeah....I said it was not important to the thread it was brought up in.

But apparently you know more about what happened to me...somehow.

So, again, you made a claim, refuse to prove it is true and make up some fantasy excuse to try and get out of it.

And you wonder why you're "claims" are doubted regularly?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-18-2016, 04:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: There are actual studies on the significance of resumes marked as being from black applicants, so maybe the "stripper name" phenomena has been or should be studied, too.

I'm aware of the studies ("black sounding" names, not "marked" from black applicants)....and my point was maybe it's just that the name is a signal that you come from poor and stupid parents - we are, after all, a product of hereditary and environment.  

But then the problem is it's no longer racism but a rational filter.  One that you can't control, but blaming racism rather than your parents is easier to accept.

Same thing with colleges.  With entry-level positions, the FIRST place I look on a resume is college and GPA.  A perfectly acceptable filter, however this is also "unfair" so we blame elitism rather than our choices/abilities.
--------------------------------------------------------

(06-18-2016, 05:31 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm aware of the studies ("black sounding" names, not "marked" from black applicants)....and my point was maybe it's just that the name is a signal that you come from poor and stupid parents - we are, after all, a product of hereditary and environment.  

But then the problem is it's no longer racism but a rational filter.  One that you can't control, but blaming racism rather than your parents is easier to accept.

Same thing with colleges.  With entry-level positions, the FIRST place I look on a resume is college and GPA.  A perfectly acceptable filter, however this is also "unfair" so we blame elitism rather than our choices/abilities.

What a horrible idea.

The GPA reflects either an ability to give the teacher what they want or you took enough easy classes to bump up your grades.

My senior year of college I had my highest GPA for the entire four years...all while taking 18 credits.  Mainly because 12 of those credits were with my my adviser as independent studies just to fill out my class load.

Back to the main point why would someone's name mean anything about their ability?

If that isn't prejudices I'm not sure what is.

Especially when you say:

Quote: that the name is a signal that you come from poor and stupid parents

No wonder we can't get anywhere in this country with such small minded ideas coming from people who do hiring.

Not what I would have expected from the likes of you.
(06-17-2016, 11:50 AM)Beaker Wrote: Actually, it does.

No.  actaullt it dors not.

If you get a privilege because yiou are white it makes no difference who gives it to you.
(06-17-2016, 10:32 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: This is less a case of "white privilege" and more a case of stupid parents.  

So you claim people who give their kids names that sound like they are from black culture are stupid?

And at the same time you claim there is no white privelege?

Oh the irony.
(06-18-2016, 06:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  actaullt it dors not.

If you get a privilege because yiou are white it makes no difference who gives it to you.

If a black renter does not want to rent to black sounding names, that's racial discrimination. There's no such thing as white privilege.
(06-18-2016, 07:15 PM)Beaker Wrote: If a black renter does not want to rent to black sounding names, that's racial discrimination. There's no such thing as white privilege.

This is complete gibberish.

White people get a privilege from having more options.  Doesn't matter who gives it to them.  It is still a privilege that black people don't get.

Now what about the oither studies about employment applications that you keep ignoring?  Why do you refuse to address them.
(06-15-2016, 02:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you are either lying or never been in a strange neighborhood.

Or you're just wrong. But, hey, keep accusing me of lying if you're not interested in an honest debate. Lord knows you seem more invested in calling Lucie racist and sexist than in any objective search for truth.
(06-18-2016, 07:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is complete gibberish.

White people get a privilege from having more options.  Doesn't matter who gives it to them.  It is still a privilege that black people don't get.

Now what about the oither studies about employment applications that you keep ignoring?  Why do you refuse to address them.

More options? You mean like qualifying for and obtaining scholarships and student aid based solely on the color of my skin? How about the ability to get a job over someone more qualified because of my skin color? Or how about being publicly racist without fear of any repercussions? Or being able to berate a police officer without fear of being arrested?  Oh wait, these only apply to minorities.

And these are just the ones i could think off the top of my head. 

These are just a few off the top of my head that
(06-18-2016, 08:37 PM)PhilHos Wrote: More options? You mean like qualifying for and obtaining scholarships and student aid based solely on the color of my skin? How about the ability to get a job over someone more qualified because of my skin color? Or how about being publicly racist without fear of any repercussions? Or being able to berate a police officer without fear of being arrested?  Oh wait, these only apply to minorities.

And these are just the ones i could think off the top of my head. 

These are just a few off the top of my head that

Stop using common sense and logic.   They have an agenda to ram down our throats.   
(06-18-2016, 08:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Or you're just wrong.  But, hey, keep accusing me of lying if you're not interested in an honest debate. Lord knows you seem  more invested in calling Lucie racist and sexist than in any objective search for truth.

Mellow

(06-18-2016, 08:42 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What an amazingly racist article. Not surprised seeing who posted it.

"search for truth"
(06-18-2016, 08:37 PM)PhilHos Wrote:  How about the ability to get a job over someone more qualified because of my skin color?

This is a perefect example of WHITE privilege.

Or are you going to argue that white men hold over 95% of college football division one head coaching positions just because white coaches are so naturally superior to black coaches?

And, of course, the fact that only 1% of CEOs of the top 500 companieis in the UNbited States are black is just because whites are so naturally superior.

has to be all based on merit, correct?  Black people are just that naturally inferior to white people.  Couldn't have anything to do with white privilege.  Just like the way there were no black quarterbacks good enough to start in the NFL until teh 1970's.

How pathetic is it that white people cry and play the victim card as soon as they are denied 100% of all top level jobs.
(06-18-2016, 08:37 PM)PhilHos Wrote:  Or being able to berate a police officer without fear of being arrested?  Oh wait, these only apply to minorities.

This has to be pure trolling.

Not even Philos is that stupid and/or racist.
(06-18-2016, 09:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a perefect example of WHITE privilege.

Or are you going to argue that white men hold over 95% of college football division one head coaching positions just because white coaches are so naturally superior to black coaches?

And, of course, the fact that only 1% of CEOs of the top 500 companieis in the UNbited States are black is just because whites are so naturally superior.

has to be all based on merit, correct?  Black people are just that naturally inferior to white people.  Couldn't have anything to do with white privilege.  Just like the way there were no black quarterbacks good enough to start in the NFL until teh 1970's.

How pathetic is it that white people cry and play the victim card as soon as they are denied 100% of all top level jobs.

Fred, Fred!

Blacks are just lazy and have been lied to by the Libruls so long they think they CAN'T succeed.

Not the white guys fault!

Ninja
(06-18-2016, 07:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Now what about the oither studies about employment applications that you keep ignoring?  Why do you refuse to address them.

So Philos, why did you quote this post by me and then refuse to address it?
(06-18-2016, 09:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: Fred, Fred!

Blacks are just lazy and have been lied to by the Libruls so long they think they CAN'T succeed.

Not the white guys fault!

Ninja

Or how about this one.

"Oh yeah,there wa sracism when whites held 100% of these jobs, but now that they only hold 99% it is clearly all based on skill and ability.  All white privilege disappeared as soon as one black person got a good job."
(06-18-2016, 07:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is complete gibberish.

Nope, its racial discrimination, nothing more. What's gibberish is the completely fabricated concept of white privilege. If a black person favors white people above other black people, its racial discrimination against blacks. If a korean grocer favors asian people over whites, its racial discrimination of whites...and so on. We don't need another name for racial discrimination....we have one already.

As for your other studies, they depict examples of racial discrimination also.
(06-18-2016, 10:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: Nope, its racial discrimination, nothing more. What's gibberish is the completely fabricated concept of white privilege. If a black person favors white people above other black people, its racial discrimination against blacks. If a korean grocer favors asian people over whites, its racial discrimination of whites...and so on. We don't need another name for racial discrimination....we have one already.

As for your other studies, they depict examples of racial discrimination also.

When racial discrimination works in your favor then that is a privilege.

You can not change the definition of words just because you don't like what they mean.

priv·i·lege

ˈpriv(ə)lij/
noun

1. 1.
    a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.

"White people have an advantage over black people, but that is not a privilege.  Because I say so. Derp."