Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chewbacca mom accused of white privilege
(06-16-2016, 03:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well if you were one of my Facebook friends here you would know.   

Maybe one of those guys will pipe in here.  

And btw I go by Ty.   

I don't see it on your profile.

I don't look through the comments much, if you were thinking I'd see someone calling you by that name.
(06-17-2016, 07:24 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I don't see it on your profile.

I don't look through the comments much, if you were thinking I'd see someone calling you by that name.

Easy question:

Is his profile name Tyrone?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-17-2016, 12:05 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: colour

This is as funny as Madonna's fake British accent.

Mate.
(06-17-2016, 12:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The color of the apartment owner has zero to do with the privilege given to people with "white" names. 

Actually, it does.
(06-17-2016, 02:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Here is a peer-reviewed study from Auburn in 2014 regarding job applications and race:

http://cla.auburn.edu/econwp/archives/2014/2014-06.pdf

An Examination of Racial Discrimination in the Labor Market for Recent College Graduates: Estimates from the Field 

John M. Nunley,∗ Adam Pugh,† Nicholas Romero,‡and R. Alan Seals§ March 24, 2014¶ 

Abstract:
We present experimental evidence from a correspondence test of racial discrimination in the labor market for recent college graduates. Online job advertisements were answered with over 9,000 resumes from fictitious, recently-graduated job seekers. We find strong evidence of differential treatment by race: black applicants receive approximately 14 percent fewer interview requests than their otherwise identical white counterparts. The racial gap in employment opportunities increases as perceived productivity characteristics are added, which is difficult to reconcile with models of statistical discrimination. We investigate different channels through which the observed racial differences might occur and conclude that taste-based discrimination at the race-skill level is the most likely explanation. The racial differences identified operate primarily through customer-level discrimination.

Hopefully, I get time to look at that one and check out the peer-reviews. I was talking more about one that discriminated based solely on "black-sounding" names.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-17-2016, 01:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hopefully, I get time to look at that one and check out the peer-reviews. I was talking more about one that discriminated based solely on "black-sounding" names.

Well, I didn't go over the methodology section with a fine toothed comb, but if they are talking applicants and not interviews then they probably either used black-sounding names or the demographic identifiers section of the application to note the race of the "applicants."  Either way, the conclusion is that there is significant difference between the call-back rate for identical resumes that only differ in what race the "applicant" projects.

Of course, a single study can't prove or disprove anything, but I thought this would be more substantial than just giving a "yea" or "nay" in regards to the existence of racial bias.

There have also been studies done on the rate at which subjects deem faces/people of differing races to be "armed" or "hostile" and so on. This stuff has been looked at fairly extensively within the realm of social psychology, but I have to admit I was in school from 2000-2006 so I can't speak to what's gone on since. The short of it is that people of both races are slower to deem blacks safe and faster to deem them hostile, if I recall correctly.

(06-17-2016, 10:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: Easy question:

Maybe he just isn't as good at stalking people on social media as you guys Ninja
(06-17-2016, 01:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Maybe he just isn't as good at stalking people on social media as you guys Ninja

I could show you screenshots of real stalkers that might even change your mind.

However YOU said your name is Tyrone and a facebook friend could verify that.

None has.

So are you lying?  Again?
(06-17-2016, 01:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: I could show you screenshots of real stalkers that might even change your mind.

None has.

Lucie lying? Say it ain't so.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Everytime we go somewhere, I gotta reach down in my purse
To pay your way and your homeboy's way
And sometimes your cousin's way
They don't never have to pay

(06-15-2016, 12:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ever been sitting in your car and locked the doors because a black guy walked past?

Ever seen anyone lock their doors because you walked past?

I don't, no, my wife does, but she's not white. Is there a real point to this or is it a big cop out?

I guess you are saying that under the same circumstances, that all other colors of people would lock their doors when in an unfamiliar white neighborhood? Or is it dependent of the wealth in a particular neighborhood?

You're going to have to give a better example.
(06-15-2016, 06:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I can believe this.... A heck of a lot more realistic than white priv. 

(06-15-2016, 06:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't know what it's like to grow up in a racist household.   But I do know what it's like to be a business owner.   And we do treat people differently but it's based on past expierences over their skin colour.    Depends on the business and location.  

Anyone else seeing this garbage???
(06-17-2016, 01:53 PM)GMDino Wrote: I could show you screenshots of real stalkers that might even change your mind.

None has.

So do you think Roto is the only person here who does? 

Maybe he and others who do just respect my privacy?  

Which is probably a clear reason why I am friends with them.   And besides weren't you just moderated over chasing a board member all over the Internet then dragging your drama back here?... You obviously have some real issues in that regard .  
(06-17-2016, 04:32 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Anyone else seeing this garbage???

Lol you can read anything into anything can't ya 
(06-17-2016, 05:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol you can read anything into anything can't ya 

how else is one supposed to interpret exact statements?  more proof that some people are so closed-minded they become ignorant of their own racial prejudices.  these people are usually overcompensating for other glarring insufficiencies.  it is the only way they can make sense of complexities far beyond their caliber.
(06-15-2016, 07:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can honestly say I cannot remember locking my doors simply because a black person walked by. 

I don't recall that i've ever done that, but if i'm focused on something else (recent ex: sitting in my van on the back side of an apartment complex between an apartment and a bunch of trees, looking up a manual on my ipad) and i see someone walking down the drive in my direction with nothing more than a 10' wide drive and a lot of blind spots around us, i'll lock it simply so someone can't get the drop on me. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-17-2016, 05:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So do you think Roto is the only person here who does? 

Which is probably a clear reason why I am friends with them.   And besides weren't you just moderated over chasing a board member all over the Internet then dragging your drama back here?... You obviously have some real issues in that regard .  

You gave your "friends" the OK.

One came on and said he didn't see it on your page.

Take a screen shot, have someone else back up your claim or STFU (again) about (another) lie.

Thanks!
(06-16-2016, 03:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well if you were one of my Facebook friends here you would know.   

Maybe one of those guys will pipe in here.  

And btw I go by Ty.   

(06-17-2016, 10:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: Easy question:

None has.

(06-17-2016, 05:38 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So do you think Roto is the only person here who does? 

Wanted to keep all this together for you "Ty".

Oh, and how would you know why I was blocked for three days?  Interesting....
(06-17-2016, 12:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The color of the apartment owner has zero to do with the privilege given to people with "white" names.  It doesn't matter who gives the privilege.  The privilege still exists.

Similar could probably be said of trailer trash that gives their daughter a stripper's name.

This is less a case of "white privilege" and more a case of stupid parents.  And, well, intelligence is hereditary so....
--------------------------------------------------------