Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chido Awuzie Appreciation thread
(10-18-2021, 02:44 PM)The American Dream Wrote: Has been phenomenal and props to wear him for wearing that to the press conference.

I'd need to lose about 100 pounds before I had that kind of confidence

(10-18-2021, 07:33 PM)804 fan Wrote: Lol now you have to get a jacket like that and post a pic in it so we can see lol

When I imagine this scenario coming to life, all I can see is the late Chris Farley singing "Fat guy in a little coat", ala Tommy Boy.  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 05:33 PM)kalibengal Wrote: What a huge difference between Chido and "Willow". 
This guys covers like glue, likes to lay the lumber, and can actually catch balls for picks! This is looking like an alltime genius move by whomever suggested it. Was it Lou?  And I have to give props to the recent slew of signings.....all have been very good to great:
Chido, Hendrickson, Larry O, Hilton, BJ Hill Trade, Allen, Reif.  am I forgetting anybody?

Right on! If we could get Waynes healthy this DB group is stacked. 
Reply/Quote
Awuzie has been nothing short of amazing for the Bengals so far.

My favorite new addition and there is a lot of competition in that new addition group.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Chido good man, me like Chido. Mellow
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 08:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Cool vid and cool man is Chidobe Awuzie. What a great pick up. Smirk
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 02:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Well that wasn't a good idea by Lamar and the Ravens, that is for sure. Don't know why they didn't target Apple more...
Reply/Quote
Bump

Dude was great today. He was out there for 37 coverage snaps and was targeted 7 times - he gave up only 24 yards and 0 TD’s. Considering the opponent that’s pretty damn impressive.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well that wasn't a good idea by Lamar and the Ravens, that is for sure. Don't know why they didn't target Apple more...

Because he wasn't good before coming here. Coaching changed him. I hope anyway. He did screw up a few times today but we won.

Reply/Quote
Hendrickson has been a beast, but I have been a Chidobe fan boy.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
His tackling and willingness to tackle is what surprises me. He popped some fools today.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:12 PM)Destro Wrote: Hendrickson has been a beast, but I have been a Chidobe fan boy.

I like these types of success stories. Son of immigrants (similar to Gio) not only makes it to the NFL, but turns into a really good player.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 06:06 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Great post...honestly thought he was going to be another no name, invisible FA acquisition.

As i said on another thread - with Waynes missing in action again this season if Chido had turned out different we would be in a world of pain now!

Need to cut Wayne or trade for some moldy bread.  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:46 PM)M.W. Wrote: Need to cut Wayne or trade for some moldy bread.  

He’s as good as cut. They can save about 11 million (after the 5 mil in dead cap). That’s a lot of money that can be used elsewhere. Re-sign Apple to a reasonable contract, and draft a CB early.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:14 PM)ah5 Wrote: His tackling and willingness to tackle is what surprises me.  He popped some fools today.

Sent from my BE2026 using Tapatalk

[Image: NaughtyImmediateAfricanfisheagle-size_restricted.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s as good as cut. They can save about 11 million (after the 5 mil in dead cap). That’s a lot of money that can be used elsewhere. Re-sign Apple to a reasonable contract, and draft a CB early.

do it and put that 11 million towards the best O-lineman FA. We are like 2 O lineman improvements and an elite LB from complete dominance.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 11:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

He was a guy I kind of overlooked. A guy I work with is a Cowboy fan and he was kind of meh on him. But he has been an absolute gem for us this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 11:31 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: He was a guy I kind of overlooked. A guy I work with is a Cowboy fan and he was kind of meh on him. But he has been an absolute gem for us this year.

Sometimes a change of scenery, and new coaching can help a player just flip the switch. We saw it a lot under Zimmer (Reggie Nelson, Pacman, etc).

I have to think Lou’s background as a DB coach has helped guys like Chido and Apple.

Reply/Quote