Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chido Awuzie Appreciation thread
Awuzie has been one of my favorites all season and has been huge boon for the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Awuzie would be a cool jersey to have.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 04:54 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He is the absolute best VALUE on this team. He is being paid as a solid CB, but he is elite.

I love the guy. Very tough, yet sticks to receivers like glue.

And, signing him over WJIII allowed them to also sign Hilton for the price of one WJIII.

Him and Hilton have been balling out, they are so much fun to watch
Reply/Quote
[Image: 271246593_10159653651503416_721809707767...e=61DA5121]
Reply/Quote
Btw…

Chido -

14 GP, 2 INT’s, 14 PD, 64 tackles, 4 TFL, 83.4 PFF grade (#1 in AFC, 3rd in NFL), headed to playoffs

WJ3 -

12 GP, 2 INT’s, 8 PD, 39 tackles, 0 TFL, 59.7 PFF grade, headed nowhere

I hope Kermit is really enjoying playing for the Washington Red Hogs or wtv the hell they’re calling themselves these days. You know - - since Cincinnati and it’s fans are so terrible and all…

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Duke Tobin: Captain Ahab

Chidobe Awuzie(Chih-doe-BEH Ah-whuz-YEH): White whale
Reply/Quote
I know he was a cap casualty in Dallas, but he was nowhere near as effective there as he has been here. I don't know if that credit goes to Lou or our DB coaches, but I know Lou used to be a DB coach. He is a major major upgrade for this team. Awuzie, Hilton, Waynes/Apple >>>>>> Kirkpatrick, WJIII and Alexander
Reply/Quote
Edward Sutelan of the Sporting News predicts Chidobe will be the Playoffs MVP:

Chidobe Awuzie. If the Bengals are going to go far, it won't be because of that offense that has garnered so much praise in recent weeks. It's going to be because their defense steps up and contains some of the offensive firepower in the AFC. They key to that will be cornerback Chidobe Awuzie. He finished the year as the highest rated cornerback in the AFC, per Pro Football Focus, and turned in his best game against the Chiefs, when he shut down Tyreek Hill to just six receptions for 40 yards.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-playoffs-2022-picks-predictions-bracket-super-bowl/qm7ljbia21w514pj03zl2fvtr
Reply/Quote
Chido has picked up right where he left off last season.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 11:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chido has picked up right where he left off last season.

I love both of these pickups. Suck it, WJIII
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 11:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Chido has picked up right where he left off last season.

We've had several ho hum and a couple awful free agent signings. But these two were home runs !!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 08:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I love both of these pickups. Suck it, WJIII

Our old funny voiced pal WJ3 is currently grading out at 54.5.

Chido - 74.4

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 10:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Our old funny voiced pal WJ3 is currently grading out at 54.5.

Chido - 74.4

And we got Chido and Hilton combined for less than they paid Radio..... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
When you look at how we have used Free Agency recently it is actually impressive with the crazy value we have gotten. Just on defense Reader is the top NT in football and Awuzie is a Top 5 CB. Hilton and Vonn Bell are also well above average players. Then there is Trey Hendrickson who proved his Saints season was no fluke and is just a beast at end. I can't count BJ Hill even though the trade we used to get him was highway robbery but last year we got great value from Og who was a Free Agent.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 01:13 PM)Joelist Wrote: When you look at how we have used Free Agency recently it is actually impressive with the crazy value we have gotten. Just on defense Reader is the top NT in football and Awuzie is a Top 5 CB. Hilton and Vonn Bell are also well above average players. Then there is Trey Hendrickson who proved his Saints season was no fluke and is just a beast at end. I can't count BJ Hill even though the trade we used to get him was highway robbery but last year we got great value from Og who was a Free Agent.

Yep it seems especially around the defense they had ideal profiles in mind and the way it worked out those profiles didn't require high end dollars. Often times big dollars are tied to assumed complete players but in reality when you build a defense with defined roles you can get cheaper guys who do one or two things great and then build the scheme to protect the rest. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 11:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

For all the grief our coaches get, they have done a great job targeting players to fit what they want to do. Chido has been a GREAT addition along with Reader. Hilton and Bell are like the cream cheese icing on the cake, and Hendrickson is in his own world. Apple has played well enough, and the BJ Hill trade was highway robbery. Good job of FA acquisitions to get the defense back on track. Hoping that our FA hauls on offense can get to at least half of the production we got there. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2022, 10:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

He also gave up, IIRC, 1 catch for 8 yards on Sunday AND WJIII was benched by Rivera LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote