Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chief Fans thoughts on Bengals
I can't blame Chiefs fans for being confident. They have a great QB and head coach/play caller. They have had sustained success. They are viewed as contenders in the AFC each year because of Mahomes and Reid. Obviously they have other very talented players, just saying that the Mahomes/Reid combination really works.

This is our first taste of success in a few years and we still haven't sealed the deal. We have 2 tough games left on the schedule. Winning just 1 gives us the division and a spot in the playoffs, but it's not easy or guaranteed. This game will be a tough a one. I would love to clinch the division at home and have it done, but it's no easy task. The Chiefs are in stride and can cause a lot of problems for us. Obviously we can win, but it won't be easy.

With Burrow, Mixon, Higgins, Chase, and Boyd all here through 2023, hopefully we get to start having that confidence and consistency. Being viewed as a top tier team instead of an easy out or also ran. I don't agree with a lot of the garbage they are spewing about the team, city, and state, but it's understandable that they are confident. I still don't think they've quite reached the level of Steelers fans or Patriots fans in the Brady era.

Instead of taking jabs at them, I just hope the team takes it to them during the game. If we walk away with the W, we earned it. I'm hoping the team plays well enough that the same can be said if the Chiefs win. We need our playmakers to step up and answer the call this week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 09:30 AM)Reroka Wrote: Good morning all,

Not everyone over there is like that and I am sure every fanbase has fans like them.

I am not here to start junk, I am here to say good luck this coming Sunday. I think this should be a great game and should be the Sunday night game. I do think that the Bengals could be the chiefs. As a KC fan, I do hope that my Chiefs win and get that 1st round bye in the playoffs.

Nonetheless, good luck to your team and let's pray for a great game with no injuries for both teams.

Thanks all.

Welcome…I must say you all dont lack for fan engagement on your board….and it’s entertaining.  Looking forward to a great game and discussing the matchup…but first…

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
Where's Thom Brenneman when you need him? I wonder what he would say about Kansas City ? Wait ... didn't he ... ?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 03:42 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Where's Thom Brenneman when you need him?   I wonder what he would say about Kansas City ?   Wait ...  didn't he ... ?

Why yes….he did indeed…
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 10:47 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Don't make fun anyone named after their mom.

Probably his or her dad.. Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 08:27 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: C'mon now, age is nothing but a number.

A large, terrifying number.

I don't know..I'm not terrified too much. After all, when you reach a certain age you can take afternoon naps completely guilt free and nobody objects.. It's been awhile since I've heard those words,  "Get your lazy ass out of bed you bum!"..but then again both my parents are dead so there's that I guess.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Someone on that board just said that JoeyB doesn’t like to get hit. A true sign that they know nothing about Joe Burrow. So let the Chiefs come after him. We know that Joe gets pissed off when he gets hit. And as Trey Hendrickson said “I wouldn’t go around pissing that guy off”

It is rather amusing.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 09:03 AM)pally Wrote: Someone on that board just said that JoeyB doesn’t like to get hit.  A true sign that they know nothing about Joe Burrow.  So let the Chiefs come after him.  We know that Joe gets pissed off when he gets hit.  And as Trey Hendrickson said “I wouldn’t go around pissing that guy off”

It is rather amusing.

I have no idea if he likes to be hit or not. I do know that I saw a stat link that shows the Chiefs O-line is ranked one of the best in the NFL with a score of 80 while the Bengals O-line is ranked as one of the worst. This means our d line with a healthy Chris Jones and Frank Clark could very well eat just as much as your D line if not more. 
Here is what I saw. 

I have read here that some think your D line will eat so let not assume they will as they should not assume that JB does not like to get hit.

[Image: S5T53Kh]
https://ibb.co/S5T53Kh

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 09:13 AM)Reroka Wrote: I have no idea if he likes to be hit or not. I do know that I saw a stat link that shows the Chiefs O-line is ranked one of the best in the NFL with a score of 80 while the Bengals O-line is ranked as one of the worst. This means our d line with a healthy Chris Jones and Frank Clark could very well eat just as much as your D line if not more. 
Here is what I saw. 

I have read here that some think your D line will eat so let not assume they will as they should not assume that JB does not like to get hit.

[Image: S5T53Kh]
https://ibb.co/S5T53Kh

No one on this board assumes anything other than the Chiefs are a very good football team and that the Bengals will have to play their very best game of the year for a chance to win.

I simply thought it was amusing that some on your board think Joe Burrow is going to fold up because he got hit. He has been sacked more than any other QB in the NFL (more so in the early season than recently) and he is still one of the leading passers in the league. Joe Burrow gets pissed off when he gets sacked or when he makes a mistake. A pissed of Joey is a dangerous Joey.

Reply/Quote
Should listen to locked on Bengals. They has a crossover episode with locked on Chiefs. Let’s just say that the locked on Chiefs guy was more cocky than the Chiefs fans. They don’t have any weaknesses at all and talked about all the weaknesses of the Bengals that they should exploit pretty easily. You could tell Jake Liscow and Japes Rapien were getting really agitated with the conversation. I’m not saying we’re gonna win or Chiefs will win but you just never know.
Reply/Quote
I don't know if they have corrected themselves, but Chiefs fan seems to have high regard for Bates, who self admittedly has already apologized for his play this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 10:05 AM)pally Wrote: No one on this board assumes anything other than the Chiefs are a very good football team and that the Bengals will have to play their very best game of the year for a chance to win.

I simply thought it was amusing that some on your board think Joe Burrow is going to fold up because he got hit.  He has been sacked more than any other QB in the NFL (more so in the early season than recently) and he is still one of the leading passers in the league. Joe Burrow gets pissed off when he gets sacked or when he makes a mistake. A pissed of Joey is a dangerous Joey.

Oh I agree, no team should assume that another team will walk all over another unless you're the Dolphins (lol)

with all fanbases there are fans that are arrogant, I also know any given Sunday any team can win vs another. 

As a chiefs fan, I do hope that my chiefs win but I also hope that both teams come away injury-free.

as I have said before you have a very young and talented team. I hope the front office can keep them together because you all can be a force in the future of the AFC and a new powerhouse in that div.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 09:03 AM)pally Wrote: Someone on that board just said that JoeyB doesn’t like to get hit.  A true sign that they know nothing about Joe Burrow.  So let the Chiefs come after him.  We know that Joe gets pissed off when he gets hit.  And as Trey Hendrickson said “I wouldn’t go around pissing that guy off”

It is rather amusing.

Wait, so now we are glad our oline gets Burrow killed?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 10:46 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, so now we are glad our oline gets Burrow killed?

no such thing...just amused by anyone who thinks Joe Burrow will be intimidated by getting hit.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 11:01 AM)pally Wrote: no such thing...just amused by anyone who thinks Joe Burrow will be intimidated by getting hit.

I guess.  I won't hold it against him if he starts playing it a bit more safe eventually, though.  If he keeps getting hit he may start being more cautious without being a coward. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 11:09 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess.  I won't hold it against him if he starts playing it a bit more safe eventually, though.  If he keeps getting hit he may start being more cautious without being a coward. 

Which isn't a bad thing if it protects his health and helps with ball security to minimize turn overs.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 11:44 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Which isn't a bad thing if it protects his health and helps with ball security to minimize turn overs.

I'm all about letting Burrow do his thing, but he isn't going to be around to win 5 SBs here if he gets run into the ground like he's some undrafted RB.  
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 11:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm all about letting Burrow do his thing, but he isn't going to be around to win 5 SBs here if he gets run into the ground like he's some undrafted RB.  

This poses the question, are good with one Super Bowl victory and him getting run into the ground? Hmm
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 11:58 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This poses the question, are good with one Super Bowl victory and him getting run into the ground? Hmm

I'm so high on Burrow right now, if he doesn't hoist at least 2 Lombardi's imma be sad.  The guy is the best (probably only) shot Bengals fans have at having their entire existence on this planet not be in vain.  Ok, that's a bit hyperbolic.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 11:58 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This poses the question, are good with one Super Bowl victory and him getting run into the ground? Hmm

Back on the mothership, so we're talking maybe 15+ years ago, there was a similar question to this.  It asked if we would be happy getting one, and only one, SB win out of the Carson/Chad/etc. Bengals or if we'd rather roll the dice and see how many they could win.  IIRC, most chose to roll the dice and see how many we could win.  

I don't want to see him or anyone else get "run into the ground," even if I'm not sure what that means exactly, but if anyone asks if I'd take one guaranteed SB win or roll the dice, it's an easy question to answer for me.  I want to see some Bengal QB, any Bengal QB, hoist a Lombardi before I shuffle off this mortal coil, and the years are whizzing by.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote