Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chiefs fans
I was at the game in KC. We arrived Friday and had the best time. KC is a beautiful city with great food and vibe. Their fans were very respectful all weekend long. The KC fans at the game were all pretty cool a lot of them walking up to us pregame shaking our hands and wishing us luck. They actually really like Joe Burrow but admittedly like Mahomes better. During the game and at half there was only 1 jackass Chiefs fan. After the game I never felt threatened by anyone in fact most fans again wished us luck and thought we are the team of destiny. They all love Joe Burrow and feel like Mahomes, Burrow and Allen will have a fun next 10 years competing. We took over their bar district this weekend before and after the game with our cheering creating a great Bengals atmosphere. I heard one Chief fans say "I have never seen this many Bengal fans in my life"
I really hope our fan base would treat fans with the respect I received in KC.

Who Dey! Go Bengals!
Reply/Quote
[Image: 272852349_10224868023145517_198727844953...e=61FD5E8D]
Reply/Quote
I work remotely for a company based in KC. All the KC fans I know are great. Most ***** fans are not as vocal in person as they are online. KC is a fun city, I enjoy visiting.
Reply/Quote
Most fan bases are probably similar. 90-95% classy with the 5-10% who are ether drunk or have nothing else in their life which makes winning life or death for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 10:46 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I was at the game in KC. We arrived Friday and had the best time. KC is a beautiful city with great food and vibe. Their fans were very respectful all weekend long. The KC fans at the game were all pretty cool a lot of them walking up to us pregame shaking our hands and wishing us luck. They actually really like Joe Burrow but admittedly like Mahomes better. During the game and at half there was only 1 jackass Chiefs fan. After the game I never felt threatened by anyone in fact most fans again wished us luck and thought we are the team of destiny. They all love Joe Burrow and feel like Mahomes, Burrow and Allen will have a fun next 10 years competing. We took over their bar district this weekend before and after the game with our cheering creating a great Bengals atmosphere. I heard one Chief fans say "I have never seen this many Bengal fans in my life"
I really hope our fan base would treat fans with the respect I received in KC.

Who Dey!  Go Bengals!

Good to hear, Who Dey !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm very happy to read this.
Reply/Quote
This thread should make you feel (somewhat) better about them: https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=342296
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 11:44 AM)wcu Wrote: This thread should make you feel (somewhat) better about them: https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=342296

There's some severe butthurt going on over there.
Reply/Quote
I work next to 2 Chief fans here in Dallas, They were very respectful and congratulated me this morning. Of course i am not being the obnoxious winner either. I would have congratulated them if the tables were turned.
Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
Reply/Quote
oh man i want to make a post in their 13 second lounge about him losing in 13 seconds of OT lol
Reply/Quote
I would expect Bengals fans to act the same way at a game here at Paul Brown Stadium. No need to be nasty and should be good sports.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
One of the guys on my team sent me a note on Thursday last week asking if he could take the day after the SB off so he could celebrate another win. I said funny you say that, I was planning to do the same. I guess only one of us gets that day off. He laughed and told me it wasn't the Bengals' time. I sent him a note during the game yesterday when the Bengals tied it up but left Mahomes all that time just saying it was a good game as expected and I was glad it was so much fun. I didn't send anything else after, but as of now he still hasn't responded. I'm wearing a Bengals shirt for my calls today (since they're all internal meetings and no client-facing today), and that guy is on one later so he's not going to be able to avoid it all day. I honestly just think he's in shock. Most Chiefs fan I know are. They figured combo of Mahomes and home field advantage there was no way they could lose. But I think the general fan is also excited the same way Bengals fans are that Burrow, Allen and Mahomes have some fun years ahead and are enjoying the ride.
Reply/Quote
There really is a reason behind this..KC, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Nashville, etc.,  have all been through some really really lean years over the past few decades. It's great to see some of us all get to experience the thrill of victory instead of the agony of defeat year after year after year..
The super obnoxious fans are the squeaky wheels while the rest of us just enjoy the ride..
I know several Faultimore fans and Pissburgh fans here in SC. Most of them are ok. They're aware that the power of the conference has shifted away from them to our favor and there's nothing they can do about it anymore than we could when everything went bad for us.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:17 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: One of the guys on my team sent me a note on Thursday last week asking if he could take the day after the SB off so he could celebrate another win.  I said funny you say that, I was planning to do the same.  I guess only one of us gets that day off.  He laughed and told me it wasn't the Bengals' time.  I sent him a note during the game yesterday when the Bengals tied it up but left Mahomes all that time just saying it was a good game as expected and I was glad it was so much fun.  I didn't send anything else after, but as of now he still hasn't responded.  I'm wearing a Bengals shirt for my calls today (since they're all internal meetings and no client-facing today), and that guy is on one later so he's not going to be able to avoid it all day.  I honestly just think he's in shock.  Most Chiefs fan I know are.  They figured combo of Mahomes and home field advantage there was no way they could lose.  But I think the general fan is also excited the same way Bengals fans are that Burrow, Allen and Mahomes have some fun years ahead and are enjoying the ride.

couple people already scheduled it off now its locked down for the rest of us... lol
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:17 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: One of the guys on my team sent me a note on Thursday last week asking if he could take the day after the SB off so he could celebrate another win.  I said funny you say that, I was planning to do the same.  I guess only one of us gets that day off.  He laughed and told me it wasn't the Bengals' time.  I sent him a note during the game yesterday when the Bengals tied it up but left Mahomes all that time just saying it was a good game as expected and I was glad it was so much fun.  I didn't send anything else after, but as of now he still hasn't responded.  I'm wearing a Bengals shirt for my calls today (since they're all internal meetings and no client-facing today), and that guy is on one later so he's not going to be able to avoid it all day.  I honestly just think he's in shock.  Most Chiefs fan I know are.  They figured combo of Mahomes and home field advantage there was no way they could lose.  But I think the general fan is also excited the same way Bengals fans are that Burrow, Allen and Mahomes have some fun years ahead and are enjoying the ride.

Nice report. Chiefs fans are probably in shock. They erupted as strongly at the winning of a coin toss for overtime as one would expect for the winning touchdown.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:29 PM)Nepa Wrote: Nice report. Chiefs fans are probably in shock. They erupted as strongly at the winning of a coin toss for overtime as one would expect for the winning touchdown.

Based on the Previous Game they had reason to celebrate winning that coin toss..... I was very nervous when we lost it
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Based on the Previous Game they had reason to celebrate winning that coin toss..... I was very nervous when we lost it

Man, the number of doom and gloom texts I got after that coin toss was insane.  "Oh, well"  "Game over"  "So close, no cigar" "At least it was fun while it was lasted" and on and on.  It seemed almost across the board people in my circle thought it was as over as the Chief's fans.  I had sweaty palms and was praying to the football gods for a turnover, but the reactions of a lot around me felt like it was already over. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:32 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Man, the number of doom and gloom texts I got after that coin toss was insane.  "Oh, well"  "Game over"  "So close, no cigar" "At least it was fun while it was lasted" and on and on. 

I imagine the GameDay thread was very similar. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I imagine the GameDay thread was very similar. Ninja

I was in and out but had to duck out for a while yesterday.  I couldn't handle the venting.  Given the season the team has had, I don't understand how ANYONE can doubt this team is in it until the final whistle.  They've come from behind so many times.  Stepped up for the big play so many times.  I know we've all been burned by decades of disappointment, but I've allowed myself a lot more hope this year and it's allowed me to relax more during the games.  Definitely a nice change after years of futility and watching other teams do to us what we're now doing to them. 
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 12:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: couple people already scheduled it off now its locked down for the rest of us... lol

Super Bowl weekend is the first vacation day I put on the calendar. On that day I will be OOR. I have this request for at least the next 5 years.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote