Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chiefs game FLEXED

Here we go again...
Reply/Quote
Gotta get used to playing in prime time, if your goal is to play in the playoffs and beyond.
Reply/Quote
Ugh

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 11:40 AM)clevelandsdad Wrote:
Here we go again...

nice! we are prime time. We can win it. 

This team is SPECIAL. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 11:49 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Gotta get used to playing in prime time, if your goal is to play in the playoffs and beyond.

Exactly. The goal is the Super Bowl, people. Your team has to be able to play tough teams in prime time. 

Why would you want our team to only be able to fly under the radar and win the 1:00 Sunday games? SB worthy teams aren't scared of the spotlight. They get the job done, regardless of when the game is played.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 11:53 AM)thillan Wrote: Exactly. The goal is the Super Bowl, people. Your team has to be able to play tough teams in prime time. 

Why would you want our team to only be able to fly under the radar and win the 1:00 Sunday games? SB worthy teams aren't scared of the spotlight. They get the job done, regardless of when the game is played.

Not to mention that the Super Bowl is played under the lights. 

We don't want to be the team that is deer-lighted. 

or get a reaction like this when given prime-time:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Good.

I won't have to move my desktop to stream the game on my big screen.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 11:40 AM)clevelandsdad Wrote:
Here we go again...

By the way, this is IMO the toughest game of the year for us, right next to the Saints game. 

But, if we win, this will be my favorite part: You KNOW that the announcers and the media are going to be drooling all over the Chiefs. They will immediately doubt the Bengals, and probably expect a beatdown. You win these games, when everyone is doubting you? And to beat this high-powered offense?

Man, the media will be talking about us for days after that. And the team knows that, so I can't wait. Regardless of what happens against the Steelers, Bengals have to be at their best against this Chiefs team. Chew up a lot of clock, and hit Mahomes. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals playing an UNDEFEATED top ranked Chiefs team?

Hope they bring in Chad to address the team pregame. He has some experience with this type situation.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 12:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals playing an UNDEFEATED top ranked Chiefs team?

At Arrowhead.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Personally, I'm excited for it. The next two games will let us know exactly where this team stands, compared to the current NFL frontrunners.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's not like they changed days or anything. I do think this adds to the home advantage for KC though.
Reply/Quote
Damn, going to be a rough day Monday at work.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 12:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Personally, I'm excited for it.  The next two games will let us know exactly where this team stands, compared to the current NFL frontrunners.

Exactly lol. Seems like many on this board are scared of the challenge. How do you expect to compete if your scared of playing really good teams when the world is watching?

We can't keep saying stuff like "this team is special" if you are scared of the teams we play the next two weeks. Face the challenge and see where you're at.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 12:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Damn, going to be a rough day Monday at work.

I think a flu bug is coming your way..... Cheers
Reply/Quote
I remember we  beat the 9-0 Chiefs back in 2003,  we can do it!!  (That was with Kitna too)

* FULL GAME*

I believe we also beat them more recently... can't remember them.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 12:49 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I believe we also beat them more recently... can't remember them.

Beat them in '15 in PBS.  But, we walked in there and broke an arrowhead off in their piss poor bbq eatin ***** in '12.  Great game.
Reply/Quote
No problem !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
To be considered the best, you have to beat the best in the toughest environments. History isn't on our side but that's okay. If we want to change the narrative, this is a great opportunity to start with.

If we go into Arrowhead during primetime and come out with a W, I won't deny it anymore. The team is for real and the new coaches have established a new culture and killer instinct. When was the last season the Bengals had a record above .500 in primetime?
Reply/Quote
AFC Championship game preview right here folks. Wink

Nah but really if we want to have any hope of making it to that AFC Championship game, and the Super Bowl, then we have to do well in this game. Hopefully this game is for the #1 spot in the AFC and 2 6-1 teams leave that stadium. Who Dey!
Reply/Quote