Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
China Blinks: To cut Auto import tariff. Trump Wins again
http://www.breitbart.com/news/chinas-president-promises-to-cut-auto-import-tariff/

Admittedly the tariffs made me nervous and J Was never a fan of the tariffs but Trump and his administration are effectively using them to balance out some trade agreements. Which is making a good use of the tariff. Once again he is taking on and doing what he said he would do leading up to Election.

Getting China to back down is big, add that to rocket man moving to Denuke, immigration enforcement, and reworking NAFTA and other trade deals, getting Israel recognized by anyone in the Muslim Middle East.

Good stuff by Trump.

Quote:China’s president promises to cut auto import tariff

by AP9 Apr 201864
BEIJING (AP) — President Xi Jinping has promised to cut China’s auto import tariffs and ease restrictions on foreign ownership in its auto industry amid an escalating tariff spat with Washington.

In a speech Tuesday at a business conference, Xi made no direct mention of the dispute with President Donald Trump but pledged to open China’s markets further and improve conditions for foreign companies.

Xi said Beijing will “significantly lower” tariffs on auto imports this year and ease restrictions on foreign ownership in the auto industry “as soon as possible.”
(04-10-2018, 01:57 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Xi said Beijing will “significantly lower” tariffs on auto imports this year and ease restrictions on foreign ownership in the auto industry “as soon as possible.”

I just love how that would greatly benefit Germany too. That must be hard for you.

@topic I still feel threats only will get you so far in the end. Trust matters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-10-2018, 02:21 AM)hollodero Wrote: I just love how that would greatly benefit Germany too. That must be hard for you.

Yes don’t worry. Your German overlords will continue to benefit.... lol.

On your second part.... I totally agree and it will be interesting to see who forces Trump’s hand. I thought China or the EU would but the EU will back down after China. Mexico might very well be the one who forces our hand. Which I hope it is so we can smack them around.
(04-10-2018, 02:21 AM)hollodero Wrote: I just love how that would greatly benefit Germany too. That must be hard for you.

And Trump has nowhere to move.

Xi promised movement because he can move and still have higher tariffs on American goods.  Trump raised Steel tariffs...but he can't back off that.  Can he? He "promised" his followers he would do it to protect them.  If he goes back now what does he say?  that since China only taxes US cars at 20% now we will sell more steel there instead?

And remember HE was a major supporter of Chinese Steel when building his own buildings.  

Trump is just a screaming child and sometimes the adults have to give them the cookie they want before the scene he makes starts bothering everyone else in the store.  And no matter how small a concession he gets Trump will think he "won bigly" and try the same tactics again.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-10-2018, 07:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: And Trump has nowhere to move.

Xi promised movement because he can move and still have higher tariffs on American goods.  Trump raised Steel tariffs...but he can't back off that.  Can he? He "promised" his followers he would do it to protect them.  If he goes back now what does he say?  that since China only taxes US cars at 20% now we will sell more steel there instead?

And remember HE was a major supporter of Chinese Steel when building his own buildings.  

Trump is just a screaming child and sometimes the adults have to give them the cookie they want before the scene he makes starts bothering everyone else in the store.  And no matter how small a concession he gets Trump will think he "won bigly" and try the same tactics again.

He didn’t promise tariffs. He promised fair trade. Which is what he is using tariffs to accomplish. It only becomes an issue when someone decides to not crumble. China is doing do because they export too much to the US vs what they import.
(04-10-2018, 10:07 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He didn’t promise tariffs.  He promised fair trade.  Which is what he is using tariffs to accomplish.  It only becomes an issue when someone decides to not crumble.  China is doing do because they export too much to the US vs what they import.

No, Trump promised tariffs.  Pretty clearly.  And unless China drops their pants they will still have higher tariffs which is "unfair" according to the greatest businessman ever.   Mellow
So China is easing tariffs with multiple nations but still keeping the new tariffs against the US in other industries?

Trump has no leverage with Xi. Xi is in for life now and Trump will be gone in 2 years. He just has to wait that moron out.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-10-2018, 07:11 AM)GMDino Wrote: And Trump has nowhere to move.

Most likely it will get sold as 'we pushed and they took a step back; we're doing away with the tariffs BUT we're still going to add those jobs because automakers will make more profit in those markets, and we all know when a company makes more money, they spend more money!'

And it will lead to exactly 1 job. The guy who gets hired to push the above idea.

Whatever

The Rust Belt will keep on rusting.
(04-10-2018, 11:07 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So China is easing tariffs with multiple nations but still keeping the new tariffs against the US in other industries?

Trump has no leverage with Xi. Xi is in for life now and Trump will be gone in 2 years. He just has to wait that moron out.

Trump will be in for 10 more years and then someone very similar to him will be elected in 2024.  The tide has turned.  The day of this place being run by wimpy dems is done.  I hope you enjoyed all the surrendering and losing you got, though.
(04-10-2018, 10:17 AM)GMDino Wrote: No, Trump promised tariffs.  Pretty clearly.  And unless China drops their pants they will still have higher tariffs which is "unfair" according to the greatest businessman ever.   Mellow

Just because you say he promised tariffs doesn’t make it so. He promised fair trade and said all options were on the table to accomplish that goal. Including tariffs
(04-10-2018, 11:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump will be in for 10 more years and then someone very similar to him will be elected in 2024.

10 more years... 2024.... 

[Image: e1c214158691365f8cda1760fed59fcf.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(04-10-2018, 12:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 10 more years... 2024.... 

[Image: e1c214158691365f8cda1760fed59fcf.jpg]

Hmm, either I made a stupid error OR I'm so fired up about Trump winning that I just dreamed him being a man with a 2 term election life that lasts 12 years.  You be the judge.
(04-10-2018, 11:49 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Just because you say he promised tariffs doesn’t make it so.  He promised fair trade and said all options were on the table to accomplish that goal.  Including tariffs

Mellow

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/08/trumps-tariff-details-debated-765614

Quote:Trump imposes steel, aluminum tariffs with few exceptions
Canada and Mexico will initially be excluded from the tariffs, which go into effect in 15 days.

President Donald Trump brushed off concerns raised by fellow Republicans and signed a pair of proclamations on Thursday setting new tariffs on steel and aluminum imports and potentially triggering a destructive trade war with the European Union and other nations.

"Today, I’m defending America's national security by placing tariffs on foreign imports of steel and aluminum," Trump said at a White House ceremony with steel and aluminum workers, Vice President Mike Pence and senior members of his economic team. Chief White House economic adviser Gary Cohn, who recently announced his resignation, was also present, but did not appear on camera.

Trump's authority to impose the tariffs is based on a rarely used provision that gives the president the power to restrict trade because of national security interests. After a monthslong investigation, the Commerce Department found that imports of steel and aluminum threaten national security by undermining the long-term viability of those industries.

The president’s decision, which establishes tariffs of 25 percent on steel and 10 percent on aluminum, brought cheers from the steel industry and organized labor.
(04-10-2018, 12:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

If you don’t go ahead and impose tariffs then they won’t believe you will do it..... much like drawing a red line then allowing people to cross it. We have seen those mistakes before, you have to be willing to go ahead if they call your bluff.
(04-10-2018, 10:07 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He didn’t promise tariffs.  He promised fair trade.  Which is what he is using tariffs to accomplish.  It only becomes an issue when someone decides to not crumble.  China is doing do because they export too much to the US vs what they import.

(04-10-2018, 11:49 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Just because you say he promised tariffs doesn’t make it so.  He promised fair trade and said all options were on the table to accomplish that goal.  Including tariffs

(04-10-2018, 12:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

(04-10-2018, 01:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If you don’t go ahead and impose tariffs then they won’t believe you will do it..... much like drawing a red line then allowing people to cross it.   We have seen those mistakes before, you have to be willing to go ahead if they call your bluff.

Hilarious
Meh.....I don't see how the tariffs are such a bad thing.  It's actually the one issue I agreed with Trumpy on.  We used them in fair trade policies before the Hollywood puppet got elected and furthered Nixon's global agenda (see make corporations' profits larger at any and all costs) when the country was the most powerful economy on the planet.

The Germans use them here and there, and they are one of the best economies on the globe.  **** free trade, go back to fair trade.

"Better send those refunds..."

Is it really a blink? https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/articles/2018-04-10/xi-s-warmed-up-trade-leftovers-aren-t-so-unpalatable
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR