Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Baker cut, more vets to come?
Baker has been released and it sounds like he won't be the last veteran cut. Sounds like we are going full youth movement and I have to say I am a fan.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 11:16 AM)Au165 Wrote: Baker has been released and it sounds like he won't be the last veteran cut. Sounds like we are going full youth movement and I have to say I am a fan.

Baker was easily the worst looking player on the defensive line this preseason. I guess this means Glasgow will be the backup nose. We also might see Andrew Brown this week against the Bills.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am thinking Michael Johnson is next....Right?!?!
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 11:16 AM)Au165 Wrote: Baker has been released and it sounds like he won't be the last veteran cut. Sounds like we are going full youth movement and I have to say I am a fan.

Baker was not impressing as a backup over some of the younger guys,...

So if you are getting the same or better from a younger cheaper option   you keep the younger with upside.

MJ spot might not be safe either if Brown gets back into action and can show what he has.

Especially with the DTs playing decent we don't need MJ inside
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 11:22 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I am thinking Michael Johnson is next....Right?!?!

That's my thinking, too.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 11:22 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I am thinking Michael Johnson is next....Right?!?!

If they cut Johnson who will be the 9th Defensive lineman? Tupou Robinson Okoye or Wilson? Maybe they pick up a waiver guy?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Looks like a mistake that we FA signed him to begin with.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 11:46 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Looks like a mistake that we FA signed him to begin with.

Not at all.

While we all wanted and expected Billings to dominate, that wasn't a guarantee. With Baker, you had a sort of contingency plan, in case Billings flamed out.

He didn't, so we're good.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Why not try him at RT?

Seriously though its a decent team move. I was rooting for him to turn around his career here, but he wasn't cutting it playing against 2s.

I wonder if this actually allows MJ to move inside and play DT on more passing downs? I think they would have released him by now if they were planning to...
Reply/Quote
Saved 3 mil, gets us to 8 or so I think? Msybe they have a trick up their sleeve? It feels like they’re serious so hopefully they’re able to make something happen (hopefully along the line) that can really help solidify this team
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote

Good stuff, another proper move. The Baker signing pushed Billings to be better and it worked.

Glasgow is better than Chris Baker.

Well done.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 11:22 AM)Synric Wrote: Baker was easily the worst looking player on the defensive line this preseason. I guess this means Glasgow will be the backup nose. We also might see Andrew Brown this week against the Bills.

I sure hope so. His college tape looked good. And reports said he was having a good camp before the injury.  Wish Rod Taylor hadn't gotten hurt. 

Baker had a couple of good years for the Redskins. I guess sometimes players just lose "it," whatever "it" is.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 12:17 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Saved 3 mil, gets us to 8 or so I think? Msybe they have a trick up their sleeve? It feels like they’re serious so hopefully they’re able to make something happen (hopefully along the line) that can really help solidify this team

May be also get Dennard under new contract along with Geno and Dunlap..... That would be great
Reply/Quote
Good move. I’m excited about the youth movement that seems to be going on.

Reply/Quote

Yes!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Michael Johnson is a durable vet that is of the highest quality as a person in the community and locker rom. he can play 3 of the 4 Dline positions. I think his days as a starter have passed, but I'd hate to see him cut over a young never will be,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 11:48 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not at all.

While we all wanted and expected Billings to dominate, that wasn't a guarantee. With Baker, you had a sort of contingency plan, in case Billings flamed out.

He didn't, so we're good.

It was a mistake. However you spin it. We signed him to play this year not to motivate other players. Fail
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 12:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Michael Johnson is a durable vet that is of the highest quality as a person in the community and locker rom. he can play 3 of the 4 Dline positions. I think his days as a starter have passed, but I'd hate to see him cut over a young never will be,

Out of the 20 plays he was in the last game. He was blocked on all of them. Made zero impact. Don’t care how much he makes he’s a waste of space in the field.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 12:46 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: It was a mistake.  However you spin it.  We signed him to play this year not to motivate other players.  Fail

We signed him as insurance against our young guys not developing.

If you buy car insurance and don't use it is that a "fail" or is it "being smart"?
Reply/Quote
MJ is safe I think unless we love both Brown and Tutupu.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote