Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Lewis-Harris is waived
(11-05-2016, 01:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I guess I'm in the minority for not being worried that CLH will come back to haunt us. He and Brown are both bottom rung CBs. CLH is 27 and has barely sniffed a field. At least Brown has starting experience. Had we released Brown instead, I'm sure the Ravens would've snapped him up as well, seeing how he's a former player of theirs that now has knowledge of our system.

Injuries are the only thing that will make that happen.  But the bottom line is we kept the lesser player, which does not improve our depth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ravens claimed CLH off waivers it'll be weird to see the on going cycle of clew end
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2016, 09:51 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Injuries are the only thing that will make that happen.  But the bottom line is we kept the lesser player, which does not improve our depth.

Not that the coaches are always right, but they obviously disagreed with you and everyone else in this thread. Judging from time spent on an NFL field, I'm not sure why some are so convinced that CLH is clearly better. Other than he was a homegrown player and a lot of folks show bias for the homegrown guy over the FA pickup.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Hmmm... How is it I'm having visions of the Ravens winning the super bowl and Chris Lewis Harris being named the super bowl MVP?
Somehow that just wouldn't shock me.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 06:05 PM)pally Wrote: He was picked up off the waiver wire by the Ravens...so he gets to go against us 2 times this year.  Vance Joseph and the Dolphins also put in a claim.

Meh. Cool.

If the Ravens are so desperate to sign him, then I'm definitely not worried about their secondary. ESPECIALLY if they start him.

Anyone on this thread remember the long TD pass by Siemian in the Denver game that won them the game?

CLH has been a liability his entire time here. Hopefully they activate Russell.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2016, 02:44 PM)grampahol Wrote: Hmmm... How is it I'm having visions of the Ravens winning the super bowl and Chris Lewis Harris being named the super bowl MVP?
Somehow that just wouldn't shock me.

I don't even see them making the playoff with their roster and the way they're playing.

They BARELY beat the Bills, Browns, and Jaguars. They beat the Bills by 6. Browns by 5. And Jags by 2.

The rest of their schedule is tough. I just don't think Baltimore is going anywhere. I see them going 6-10.

Reply/Quote
I think we are highly overrating both of these guys. Would it come back to haunt the Bengals? Maybe, but I really doubt it.

Unfortunately, this thread is a definition of how shaky this season has been. If the team was running on all cylinders, this would be an afterthought.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 09:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Or Adam Jones

It was kind of funny reading this and scrolling down to see the next post's Avatar is one of Adam Jones yelling.  It almost looked like he was yelling at your post.  
Reply/Quote
I guess it is possible the Chris Lewis Harris asked to be cut so he could get more playing time on another team and the Bengals agreed.  Marvin Jones wanted out for the same kind of reasons.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 12:07 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I guess it is possible the Chris Lewis Harris asked to be cut so he could get more playing time on another team and the Bengals agreed.  Marvin Jones wanted out for the same kind of reasons.

MarvJ was a FA though. It's beyond rare for a team to release a player that asks, if a team believes he can help--even one further down the roster. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Losing CLH just hurts our depth.

Nice move FO. Killing it.

Hurt Hunt and Clarke's progression and lose a valuable depth Corner. Yeah baby. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Losing CLH just hurts our depth.

Nice move FO. Killing it.

Hurt Hunt and Clarke's progression and lose a valuable depth Corner. Yeah baby. :andy:

I mean, not really.

Lose CLH.

Still have Dennard, Shaw, Brown, and Russell. Throw in the possibility of WJIII coming back.

Our pass rush has not been good. And while I don't agree with Gilberry, I do agree that we need to get better upfront.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2016, 09:46 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: We are talking about a 29 year old #6 CB who has not cracked the game day roster who should have been released, not the 27 year old #5 CB who has been active.

Maybe CLH had more experience with the ST unit (explaining why he was active), but the coaches value  having Brown's starting experience over CLH's special teams prowess over the long haul? 

Just a thought. Obviously Brown was favored over CLH for a reason. They wouldn't cut the clearly better CB. I just think a lot of you guys are mistaken here.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2016, 04:06 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I mean, not really.

Lose CLH.

Still have Dennard, Shaw, Brown, and Russell. Throw in the possibility of WJIII coming back.

Our pass rush has not been good. And while I don't agree with Gilberry, I do agree that we need to get better upfront.

Chykie is the most inconsistent CB i have ever seen. Should of cut that guy in an instant over a player
that has actually played pretty consistently well when called upon. Oh well, crying over spilt milk.

MJ has been not near as good this year as i expected, but Peko has been bad in my eyes, even worse.

Clarke needs more starting time over MJ and we need a DT that can stop the run and rush the passer.

Haven't heard anything about the Jordan Hill DT so we pry didn't sign him, he was a presumed starter
for the Seahawks this year before he got hurt. Too bad, i am just hating the moves right now from this
team. Our coaching is bad enough, need to make good moves to make up for it.

Hopefully the Gilberry pickup helps...
Reply/Quote