Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Lewis-Harris is waived
What exactly has Chykie Brown shown us to keep his roster spot?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 04:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: What exactly has Chykie Brown shown us to keep his roster spot?

Nothing that I've seen....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like CLEW. I think he'll be back this offseason if someone else doesn't sign him. We do have a practice squad spot open now since NE stole our TE. But is CLEW still eligible? I don't think he is.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You must be talking about the Demaryius Thomas and the TD where CLH was in great coverage
and just missed the ball trying to strip the ball away. The same game Adam Jones got burnt
numerous times. CLH's only bad play of his career here that i have seen.

Hopefully we bring him back again cause other teams would be stupid to not grab him up.

Good depth is rare and CLH was not the problem with this team.

Who has played better than everyone but Kirkpatrick and Shaw. Keep that in perspective.

Chikie Brown is the most inconsistent CB i have ever seen.

I agree with everyone saying why not Brown before Lewis-Harris. Harris has played really well for us the last few seasons, but if that's the only bad play from him you've seen then you musta missed his first couple of stints here. He was horrible and one of those guys that just kept hanging around. I wanted him gone sooo bad. Happy to say his play improved greatly and I was wrong about him never becoming anything but a liability, but he was not always what he was these last 2 years
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 03:23 PM)corpjet Wrote: wow, I would have cut Chykie Brown over him......

(11-03-2016, 03:27 PM)bengals73 Wrote:  Me too

(11-03-2016, 03:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: God, waiving a guy that always plays well instead of Chykie Brown?

Pathetic, i am officially worried about this team. Looks like it is imploding. Mellow

(11-03-2016, 03:32 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Totally agree with posters. Why not waive chykie brown.Chris lewis harris was a lot better than that guy

(11-03-2016, 03:48 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yep. Keeping Brown over CLH is beyond stupid. Marvin has clearly lost it.

(11-03-2016, 04:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd much rather have kept CLH over Brown.....

(11-03-2016, 04:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: What exactly has Chykie Brown shown us to keep his roster spot?

(11-03-2016, 05:54 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I agree with everyone saying why not Brown before Lewis-Harris. Harris has played really well for us the last few seasons, but if that's the only bad play from him you've seen then you musta missed his first couple of stints here. He was horrible and one of those guys that just kept hanging around. I wanted him gone sooo bad. Happy to say his play improved greatly and I was wrong about him never becoming anything but a liability, but he was not always what he was these last 2 years

Well I clearly don't need to ask this since it's been well covered...

... but I'm still gonna.  Why not Brown instead of CLew?!?!?!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 03:23 PM)corpjet Wrote: wow, I would have cut Chykie Brown over him......

We all would.
Reply/Quote
Who is cheaper?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 03:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Seriously. There are worse corners on this roster than CLH... oh well CLH is old, I guess they went with youth. Yawn

CLH is two years younger than Chykie Brown and has actually been active on gamedays...very odd choice to cut CLH over Chykie.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
He was picked up off the waiver wire by the Ravens...so he gets to go against us 2 times this year. Vance Joseph and the Dolphins also put in a claim.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Does he play piano?  Did he ever play, or take a recruiting visit to, Ohio State?  Does he have a connect on free Gold Star and UDF that he's giving to Paulie? Maybe his woman hosts a weekly bridge game in Indian Hills?
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Wonder how long before we see CLH on Zimmer's team? Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 06:05 PM)pally Wrote: He was picked up off the waiver wire by the Ravens...so he gets to go against us 2 times this year.  Vance Joseph and the Dolphins also put in a claim.

As soon as I read we waived him I knew he would get picked up by a division rival.

He won't even last three weeks.  Every day he will be told to write down our signals, calls, and adjustments for a few hours before hearing "Hit the showers".
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 07:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: As soon as I read we waived him I knew he would get picked up by a division rival.

He won't even last three weeks.  Every day he will be told to write down our signals, calls, and adjustments for a few hours before hearing "Hit the showers".

While they definitely will ask that of him, the Ravens need CB help desperately. So, two birds with one stone for them. Hope releasing CLEW means Jackson will be making his debut soon. Getting him experience is WAAAAAAAAAY more important than getting a 4th RB/ST guy back.
Reply/Quote

Or Adam Jones
Reply/Quote

He's very nicely holding down an inactive roster spot each week, staying at home on Sundays and, in general, being a pseudo practice squad guy that no one can claim off our squad.

Basically, that's what he is.

What's is more interesting is that CLH has been active for games and Chykie Brown has been inactive.

I use to assume that the coaches played and activated the players who played the best and were also healthy. Lately, however, after seeing Og get start after start when clearly the better player was sitting on the bench I've begun to realize just how out-of-touch this coaching staff really is.

This coaching staff's dedication to old fashion seniority concepts explains, in part, why they've never gotten over the hump.

Reply/Quote
And the Ravens claimed him off waivers. What a fuking dumb move by the front office releasing CLH
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 11:09 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: And the Ravens claimed him off waivers. What a fuking dumb move by the front office releasing CLH

I smell a back room deal with the Ravens to help them against the Steelers. There is no clear reason to cut CLH and keep Chykie Brown, who's done exactly nothing.

We've got a closet full of corners and the Ravens' cupboard is bare.

Consider that we cut CLH days before we needed to make room on the roster for Gilberry.

Reply/Quote
I guess I'm in the minority for not being worried that CLH will come back to haunt us. He and Brown are both bottom rung CBs. CLH is 27 and has barely sniffed a field. At least Brown has starting experience. Had we released Brown instead, I'm sure the Ravens would've snapped him up as well, seeing how he's a former player of theirs that now has knowledge of our system.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2016, 12:30 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I smell a back room deal with the Ravens to help them against the Steelers. There is no clear reason to cut CLH and keep Chykie Brown, who's done exactly nothing.

We've got a closet full of corners and the Ravens' cupboard is bare.

Consider that we cut CLH days before we needed to make room on the roster for Gilberry.

Why not just cut Chykie?  He knows the Ravens system after all, and he's gotta be fresh, seeing as how he gets to take weekends off.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 09:20 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: While they definitely will ask that of him, the Ravens need CB help desperately. So, two birds with one stone for them. Hope releasing CLEW means Jackson will be making his debut soon. Getting him experience is WAAAAAAAAAY more important than getting a 4th RB/ST guy back.

Jackson is irrelevant to the conversation, IMO.

Unless you are talking about the potential upside of a guy in his first three years, you should dump the lowest guy on the totem pole.  In this case we are not.  We are talking about a 29 year old #6 CB who has not cracked the game day roster who should have been released, not the 27 year old #5 CB who has been active.
Reply/Quote