Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Christian Nationalism; The Right-wing Addiction
(07-21-2022, 04:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah but that makes so sense.  What is God's purpose in doing this?  To weed out His mistakes?

his purpose is for you to enjoy eternal paradise but he won't force it on you. you have to want it and that means admitting your sins and accepting the salvation of Jesus. if you don't do that, then your basically saying you don't want the eternal paradise that's waiting for you.

(07-21-2022, 04:39 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: God is real and the Bible is the truth. If you need evidence of God, it is all around you. BTW Science has not disproved anything in the Bible that I know of.

amen 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 04:51 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Only in the same sense that science hasn't disproven anything in Harry Potter. It also hasn't disproven the Egyptian pantheon or the Greek pantheon or the Norse pantheon.

Science tends not to chase fairy tales.

you can't know anything without God, so anything science knows or discovers is directly because of God.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 05:45 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: his purpose is for you to enjoy eternal paradise but he won't force it on you. you have to want it and that means admitting your sins and accepting the salvation of Jesus. if you don't do that, then your basically saying you don't want the eternal paradise that's waiting for you.

amen 

Why do it at all? Why send our souls here as a tryout? Just everyone stay in Heaven and if you don’t like it there then leave.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 06:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Why do it at all?  Why send our souls here as a tryout?  Just everyone stay in Heaven and if you don’t like it there then leave.

if he just made Heaven and put everyone there, it would be forced, no free will. he let's you decide if you want it or not. if not, then you don't get eternal life. it's that simple. being here isn't a tryout, it's to freely decide what you want.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 06:59 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: if he just made Heaven and put everyone there, it would be forced, no free will. he let's you decide if you want it or not. if not, then you don't get eternal life. it's that simple. being here isn't a tryout, it's to freely decide what you want.

Why can’t you just decide in Heaven?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 05:52 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: you can't know anything without God, so anything science knows or discovers is directly because of God.

Replace God with Zeus and your comment remains just as ridiculous. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 08:12 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Why can’t you just decide in Heaven?

cause then you would have no idea of what it meant to be without God or what anything other than paradise was. how would you decide to do something you never even experienced or know even what it is. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 08:23 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Replace God with Zeus and your comment remains just as ridiculous. 

nope. show me the zeus Bible. show me the zeus churches. show me the zeus majority religion of the whole world.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 01:51 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: nope. show me the zeus Bible. show me the zeus churches. show me the zeus majority religion of the whole world.

Show me an actual interpretation of the Dead Sea scrolls that hasn't been bastardized by 1500 years of edits and rewrites or used as a vessel for genocide for centuries.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 02:01 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Show me an actual interpretation of the Dead Sea scrolls that hasn't been bastardized by 1500 years of edits and rewrites or used as a vessel for genocide for centuries.

bad acts done by people are acts acts done by people. nothing to do with the bible or God. 

if people kill people, that's on them and they will be judged. only God has the right to take life or instruct to take life. anything outside that execpt in self defnse of your own life is anti biblical.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 02:12 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: bad acts done by people are acts acts done by people. nothing to do with the bible or God. 

if people kill people, that's on them and they will be judged. only God has the right to take life or instruct to take life. anything outside that execpt in self defnse of your own life is anti biblical.

Way to shift the blame for all the atrocities carried out in His name. If the Christian hierarchy had any sense of irony, they'd out the kid diddlers instead of moving them around the country.

Speaking of which, I wonder what the church's stance on abortion would be if alter boys could get pregnant.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 02:33 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Way to shift the blame for all the atrocities carried out in His name. If the Christian hierarchy had any sense of irony, they'd out the kid diddlers instead of moving them around the country.

Speaking of which, I wonder what the church's stance on abortion would be if alter boys could get pregnant.

like a said, people do bad stuff. it has nothing to do with God. they are doing bad things to do bad things, no matter who's name they are supposed doing it in. 
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 03:21 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: like a said, people do bad stuff. it has nothing to do with God. they are doing bad things to do bad things, no matter who's name they are supposed doing it in. 

So was God smiting children bad people doing bad things? I get that Pharoh was a dick, but God killed a bunch of kids to prove a point.

Even Satan doesn't kill people.
Reply/Quote
I believe in everything, just to hedge my bets.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 04:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I believe in everything, just to hedge my bets.

Reminds me of Benny in The Mummy (the one with Brendan Frasier).
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 04:39 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Reminds me of Benny in The Mummy (the one with Brendan Frasier).

Beni* Wink

[Image: the-mummy-beni.gif]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 04:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Beni* Wink

[Image: the-mummy-beni.gif]

I'm just glad someone else knew EXACTLY what scene I meant.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 04:39 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Reminds me of Benny in The Mummy (the one with Brendan Frasier).

I was thinking more of the John Entwistle song, but I'm old school like that. 
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 04:43 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'm just glad someone else knew EXACTLY what scene I meant.

One of my absolute favourite scenes in Cinema history, it is still so funny.

(07-22-2022, 04:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was thinking more of the John Entwistle song, but I'm old school like that. 

Ok, so unlike my Beni above, I have no idea what song you're referring to and I am a GARGANTUAN Who fan (and subsequently, Pete and John).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 01:51 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: nope. show me the zeus Bible. show me the zeus churches. show me the zeus majority religion of the whole world.

Using this type of logic should lead you to believe in Hinduism then, as it predates Judaism or Christianity. 

Reply/Quote