Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Christian Terrorists Kill American Civilians and Shoot Police
Still no known motive. This thread is becoming pretty hilarious with Vas Deferens spamming of capitalization, repeated generalizations, and the pointing out of hypocrisy while ignoring their own. What happened to waiting until the facts come out?

Legit question. At what point did jumping to conclusions become the norm? Maybe it's always been like that and social media has just exposed it. I don't know. People died. Speculating about what happened is pretty pointless.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(11-28-2015, 06:06 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Still no known motive. This thread is becoming pretty hilarious with Vas Deferens spamming of capitalization, repeated generalizations, and the pointing out of hypocrisy while ignoring their own. What happened to waiting until the facts come out?

Legit question. At what point did jumping to conclusions become the norm? Maybe it's always been like that and social media has just exposed it. I don't know. People died. Speculating about what happened is pretty pointless.

Its domestic terrorism...not matter what the motive was.

Some folks want to pretend that only brown people from lands without laws who sneak in tot his country can be terrorists.  Some other people like to point out we kill each other a lot more often than terrorists kill us.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-28-2015, 04:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: See, this is what happens when Americans delude themselves into treating every domestic shooting spree as "some nut with a gun."  But I suppose there is a chance some white guy with an assault rifle targeted a Planned Parenthood because his shoes were too tight, or something.

I fear there a more than a few people in this country that own assault rifles and have been told Planned Parenthood is chopping up babies and selling their parts.  Maybe we should find those people and make them wear badges or put them in interment camps, or something.  If 1 out of every 1,000 of them were a poisoned peanut would you eat them?

But hey, until we find out the motive we can only assume this is another one of those weekly occurrences where some random nut with a gun just happens to go crazy that seems to happen so often in this country.  Go figure.  Totally random.  What can ya do?  Life goes on for most of us.

Rock On
(11-28-2015, 05:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The American people.  Tax money is collected to be spent to protect and better the people of the nation.  And if there is not enough in the coffers to do so, they need to collect more.

It was a rhetorical question. The person suggesting it is opposed to the government paying for things. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-28-2015, 06:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Its domestic terrorism...not matter what the motive was.

uuuhhmmmm......The motive pretty much determines if it is terrorism or not; domestic or otherwise. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Abortion /=/ Women's reproductive right.

Abortion = Murder

Many other forms of birth control that are cheaper, less painful, and no lives will be ended in the process.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-28-2015, 08:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: uuuhhmmmm......The motive pretty much determines if it is terrorism or not; domestic or otherwise. 

Here, I'll borrow this meme about gathering facts on the Paris attacks.  Just replace Paris with Planned Parenthood and Islam with Christianity.  I'll go get some BBQ sauce to put on my crow when I'm wrong.

[Image: islam.jpg]
(11-28-2015, 09:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Abortion /=/ Women's reproductive right.

Abortion = Murder

Many other forms of birth control that are cheaper, less painful, and no lives will be ended in the process.

I guess that about sums it up.  As long as a percentage of people in this country believe abortion is murder there will be a minority of them who turn to terrorism and violence to attempt to stop it.  I personally can't say I wouldn't be driven into a violent frenzy if I believed with all my heart that murders were being committed on a daily basis in a building I drove by on a regular day.

Defense of this man's actions is already being shown via the glory of social media. He's either being dismissed as hardly a murderer compared to the murders Planned Parenthood commits, his actions are justified, and/or he's being called a hero for what he did. I can completely see why someone who believes murders are occurring at Planned Parenthood would support this. I just feel lucky I don't consider it murder because that would drive me crazy.
(11-28-2015, 09:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Here, I'll borrow this meme about gathering facts on the Paris attacks.  Just replace Paris with Planned Parenthood and Islam with Christianity.  I'll go get some BBQ sauce to put on my crow when I'm wrong.

[Image: islam.jpg]
So do you agree it is terrorism regardless of the motivation or are you just posting a meme?

(11-28-2015, 04:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It is kinda funny that Lucy is in here pimping the mental health part of this.  I wonder if that would be the same response if this was one of them brown skinned fellas doing the terrorism...

Mental illness in amercia is huge. Been a problem for sometime. And all the additional medications have made healthcare costs soar. I have always been consistent in that problem here.

Almost all of these school shootings are driven by mentally ill people. The islamic people who shoot people up yell out some religious stuff before they do their killing. Plus they have not had a history of being on mood enhancement prescription medication for years.
(11-28-2015, 04:36 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So who is going to pay to make sure the mentally ill are not dumped into the streets?

Though, the real issue with this violence isn't those who are victims of deinstitutionalization. Those people are an issue when it comes to homelessness and incarceration. If this man were mentally ill, he falls into the problem of identifying those who are mentally ill, getting them help, and preventing them from accessing weapons. Part of that fight is not stigmatizing mental illness and treatment, encouraging people to seek help, and making it easier/cheaper to get help.

We need something. Obviously managed at the state or local level. I don't like gov involvement but this is an issue they can help.

Also includes your homeless as well .

That or just stop over prescribing mood medications.

You mock this ..... But it's a serious issue in this country and we have almost zero awareness.
(11-28-2015, 09:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess that about sums it up.  As long as a percentage of people in this country believe abortion is murder there will be a minority of them who turn to terrorism and violence to attempt to stop it.  I personally can't say I wouldn't be driven into a violent frenzy if I believed with all my heart that murders were being committed on a daily basis in a building I drove by on a regular day.

Defense of this man's actions is already being shown via the glory of social media.  He's either being dismissed as hardly a murderer compared to the murders Planned Parenthood commits, his actions are justified, and/or he's being called a hero for what he did.  I can completely see why someone who believes murders are occurring at Planned Parenthood would support this.  I just feel lucky I don't consider it murder because that would drive me crazy.

Good post.  

I consider it murder .  But I also know two wrongs don't make a right.   And to your point, it kills me inside to see when it's dismissed as nothing and craziness by those who feel it's their duty to favor population control.  

My only hope is that others will see it as I do on time.  When I was in my 20's I also thought it was a good thing.  I gave all the bs supporting arguments we see here..    I just woke up and realized what I was supporting and then I knew that I had to change my ways or else.

As for this guy. No matter what he believes. Murder is murder, he has a price to pay for his choices. No matter how he justifies them.
(11-28-2015, 10:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So do you agree it is terrorism regardless of the motivation or are you just posting a meme?

I just wanted to post a meme.  You got me.  I'll go stand in the corner now while you and the grownups talk about how once again we have no idea why the same ol' shootings keep happening in this country.
(11-28-2015, 08:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: uuuhhmmmm......The motive pretty much determines if it is terrorism or not; domestic or otherwise. 

So the point is not to terrorize when they are shooting up some place or people?

Interesting take you have there.
(11-29-2015, 12:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: So the point is not to terrorize when they are shooting up some place or people?

Interesting take you have there.

The take is not "interesting"; the take is motive determines if it is terrorism or not. Pretty much everybody but you and Nately understand this simple fact.

I saw that an unnamed source is saying that the suspect said "no more baby parts" or something like that. It will be interesting if we ever find out more officially.

The saddest thing about this to me is that if his motivation was anti-PP, he did a piss poor job. The dead and wounded, from what I have read, have included no staff members at the facility. Police and non-staff civilian casualties. A completely senseless act of violence, but then again, all acts of violence are.
Amazing to see what the OPs first thought on this was.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-29-2015, 12:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The take is not "interesting"; the take is motive determines if it is terrorism or not. Pretty much everybody but you and Nately understand this simple fact.

So when someone goes into a PP and shoots up the place its not terrorism....its not meant to cause terror?

You're funny.

I'd guess what you would call it, but instead I'll let you tell me.

This should be good!

Oh...and two sources now say it was motivated by the "baby parts" videos.  Tsk...tsk.  That's some motivation there.  Good thing its not "terrorism" or we might have to watch all the crazy white guys with guns.

Cool
(11-29-2015, 01:12 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Amazing to see what the OPs first thought on this was.

To be fair it may not have been his first thought.

Just the thought that some folks on here might want to up their "terrorist" lists to include some crazy white guys, who probably claim to be Christian.
(11-29-2015, 01:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: To be fair it may not have been his first thought.

Just the thought that some folks on here might want to up their "terrorist" lists to include some crazy white guys, who probably claim to be Christian.

And not one word of sympathy for the victims.  One gets a sense there was more interest in trying to score points than there was in the victims.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall