Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati Bengals first round pick suffers HUGE injury
So, who all was hurt today? WJ3, Kroft, and Dennard? Am I missing anyone?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 08:55 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So, who all was hurt today? WJ3, Kroft, and Dennard? Am I missing anyone?
  • Trevor Roach missed practice after finishing early yesterday. It’s unclear what his injury is.
  • Jake Kumerow sat out on Monday after reportedly tweaking his hamstring on Sunday. That’s not good news for Kumerow who needs to be on the field during every available opportunity. We’ll see if he’s back in action tomorrow and able to continue proving why he deserves a spot on the roster.
  • Tight end Matt Lengel also appeared to be missing on Monday. It’s unclear why or if he has an injury.
  • Karlos Dansby was off on Monday, it’s expected that he received a veterans rest day.
  • From the PUP and NFI lists, Vontaze Burfict, Tyler Eifert and Brandon Thompson all were non-participants as well. None can participate until they’re medically cleared to do so. It’s expected that Burfict will be the first of these remaining three players to be activated to play.
On a positive note, Nick Gangwish who left on a cart yesterday was back practicing today, indicating his injury yesterday was likely just cramps. That can be expected during the warm summer months and while players are getting acclimated to NFL practices.

Darqueze Dennard had an excused absence yesterday as he was attending the life memorial of his former Michigan State teammate, Mike Sadler, who passed away in a car accident.

Kroft and Williams:

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Any truth to the rumor that Nick Vigil caused all of these injuries?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 08:55 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So, who all was hurt today? WJ3, Kroft, and Dennard? Am I missing anyone?

Williams at S.
Reply/Quote
in the 90's this would be a devastating injury because WJIII would expected to start right away.......1st round CB has to play

In the Duke Tobin era this is no big deal because he wasn't gonna play CB anyway
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 09:08 PM)jason Wrote: Any truth to the rumor that Nick Vigil caused all of these injuries?

LMAO....Nice
Reply/Quote
Why is it every first round as of late is out for the year(or a very good part of the year)?

I am actually not surprised. Here's hoping to a quick full recovery.
Reply/Quote
what the hell was jackson doing a hefty commercial?
WTF!

Reply/Quote
The Ogbuehi signing makes more sense now.

Marvin figured since he was already injured, he'd already have a head start on the 1st round injury curse.

Might as well just follow this strategy with all future drafts.
[Image: ferris-quote.jpg]
Reply/Quote
All those Steeler fans laughing

[Image: 250638d1176182494-looks-like-i-picked-wr...ngglue.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 09:08 PM)jason Wrote: Any truth to the rumor that Nick Vigil caused all of these injuries?
No. However, all injured players are receiving a transfusion of Nick Vigil blood......They wil all be back at practice, full go, today. 
Reply/Quote
Sucks.
Reply/Quote
Anyone who mentioned calling up Leon Hall, thought you should know he as of right this second is inside the NY Giant's building. So he might be no longer available soon.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Looks like we signed Corey Tindal per ESPN
[Image: ferris-quote.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Let's be honest, he probably wasn't going to see the field much anyway.

Perhaps this is a blow to our depth, but Leon can fill that void.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 12:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Anyone who mentioned calling up Leon Hall, thought you should know he as of right this second is inside the NY Giant's building. So he might be no longer available soon.

No worries we signed Corey Tindal. ThumbsUp
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 04:48 PM)jason Wrote: There's gotta be a younger guy with at least one good Achilles tendon out there. Leon Hall is done.... They probably give him a call if his back is good though.

Leon already knows the defense forwards and backwards. He can be a step slower and still be better than someone coming into it cold....
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 05:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Leon already knows the defense forwards and backwards. He can be a step slower and still be better than someone coming into it cold....

How does the money work, when a team loses their 1st round pick, before he ever sees a down of action?  Does that player still get paid?  Does he get reduced pay for being injured?  Does any money revert back into spendable money for the team?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 06:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How does the money work, when a team loses their 1st round pick, before he ever sees a down of action?  Does that player still get paid?  Does he get reduced pay for being injured?  Does any money revert back into spendable money for the team?

Contract was signed, so it's a done deal. That's the incentive for a player signing their contract quickly/before working out.

If WJ3 never plays a down in the NFL, he still gets $8.9m of his $9.7m contract.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 06:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Contract was signed, so it's a done deal. That's the incentive for a player signing their contract quickly/before working out.

If WJ3 never plays a down in the NFL, he still gets $8.9m of his $9.7m contract.

That seems very flawed to me. Especially while living within the "entitlement generation".  

Reply/Quote